Politics California Recall

it does. unfortunately, we californians are going to have to live with the consequences. because when it's all said and done, when everyone's finally finished laughing at us, we're going to have to live with whoever we elect. right now, i don't see any good candidates. even though there are supposedly 200 something. i still don't know how i'm going to vote on tuesday.

this whole recall was just ridiculous to begin with though. we're spending millions and millions of dollars on a recall when gray davis only has about a year left in his term. i find it hugely ironic that although california is in a huge financial crisis, we still have money to burn on this ridiculous recall.

Yeah it is ridculous and it's only the beginning. If Davis is recalled, which looks like it will happen, Californians will elect and actor with no political office experience to become Governor of the largest state. Things may get worse....

SecretAgentMan said:
Yeah it is ridculous and it's only the beginning.  If Davis is recalled, which looks like it will happen, Californians will elect and actor with no political office experience to become Governor of the largest state.  Things may get worse....
I agree and wonder if he really know what he's getting into... when I heard that he was ahead in the polls I started dying of laughter... I'm concerned for the state of California.

AliasHombre said:
Have fun with the terminator as your governor!
gee, thanks. :mellow:

as election day approaches, i'm thinking more and more that i'm going to vote against this recall. but beyond that, i still don't know which candidate to vote for.

unfortunately, it does look like arnold may win. hm. :mellow:

yeah... it doesn't look good (if you oppose the recall, that is). that's why i used the word "miracle." ;) of course, polls aren't always accurate, but still...

twinzz2003 said:
SecretAgentMan said:
Yeah it is ridculous and it's only the beginning.  If Davis is recalled, which looks like it will happen, Californians will elect and actor with no political office experience to become Governor of the largest state.  Things may get worse....
I agree and wonder if he really know what he's getting into... when I heard that he was ahead in the polls I started dying of laughter... I'm concerned for the state of California.
you started laughing? geez, i'm a californian and when i heard that i started choking! seriously! i was eating breakfast before school and watching the news and they said he was ahead in the polls and i started choking on my food! i dont think this is funny at all! all you people in other states might not care, but i'm autually going to have to be living here! with a govenor who has NO political experience (assuming he wins)...but i was listening to the radio and it stresses that in some other election something like this happened (making it look like something was definite), and someone else won, so hopefully that'll happen...just keep davis in office! he's not that bad...

actually i was thinkin bout this:if gray davis was elected again..out state will continue to go downhill....alot of people say with time hell improve..but hasnt he been gov a long time? and look where we are heading..then again..i dont think arnold will do good...but thats juss cuz i dotn know hwat his ground is...but i heard hes going for the edu system which i think is really good...not like what gray davis is doin..so this....i think htat we juss start all over again..or somehting cuz both candidates runnin arent all that great -_-

crazy spinster said:
yeah... it doesn't look good (if you oppose the recall, that is). that's why i used the word "miracle." ;) of course, polls aren't always accurate, but still...
margin of error was 3%, but the polls have changed in recent days. It seems as if Davis is getting more support. We'll see soon....

nance said:
cherry can vote! ^_^ she's old enough.
yup, i voted just now. lines weren't as long as i thought they would be. and i got the cute little sticker that says "i voted." ^_^

but davis doesnt have that much longer in office does he?

no, he doesn't. which is part of the reason i voted no on the recall.

what exactly is the recall? :blush: i've been hearing it on the news... but they just assumed everyone is politically informed. ^_^

well basically, a bunch of people (mostly republicans) didn't like the way gray davis was running the state (almost typed country) so they organized a huge petition to recall the governor. the petition went through (although there were many times that the recall was disputed or postponed in court) so today everyone is voting whether or not gray davis should be recalled (lose his job) or not (keep his job). the next step is to vote which candidate should replace gray davis. and even if you vote no on the recall, you can still vote for a candidate.

there were also a couple state measures to vote on (prop 53 and prop 54), but i won't go into those here. ;)

Back