Season 5 Character leaving the show?

I think having a major character death could be grounding. However, if Alias were really realistic it wouldn't be as fun to watch. (The same goes for almost any TV show or movie.)

^
True, but Syd running around and doing kung-fu with a bullet in her arm was :lame:

I'm not saying it has to be completely realistic, but we have been losing touch with the characters over the last two seasons, and it would be nice to see them as human beings again, like they used to be before the show went over the top.

I think the best television is where people are realistic. Not neccessarily the situations being realistic, but humans should act like humans not like mutant superheroes.
It makes it more dramatic.

what I really don't understand is why everyone thinks it's Michael Vartan leaving... :blink: I really don't understand it

if he does leave, it'll affect the storyline in a huge way, because you can't just say that BANG he died in that car crash, there's so many unexplained things we need to know!

and lots of people would boycott the show if he left, i mean let's face facts: he's the reason a lot of people watch the show

as for me? i'm not believing a single thing Kirstin says, or anyone does until someone from the show like JJ himself or a cast member's reps confirm it

I didn't think he was going to die in the car crash. :thinking:

I really am trying to make myself be more upset about the possibility of Vaughn leaving, but for some reason I don't really care anymore.

I really don't think its Jack, I really want it to be Dixon. As i see it, he is the most boring characther in the show.

I really like Dixon. I don't know why peopple doslike him. He isn't boring its just that he hasn't had any decent storylines.

I'm just praying that it isn't Vaughn or Jack leaving. I think Sloane at his end, I do like him though. I don't know. As long as either Jack or Vaughn aren't leaving I'l be happy.

well, of the regulars i want Dixon to leave more than i want Vaughn or Jack to leave. Jack Vaughn and Sloane and of course Sydney is my favorites.

Reasons why people think it's MV

Kristin said:
Whatever salacious spin these mags may put on this person's exit, the truth is, this AWOL Alias star is leaving of his/her own will.
Link

Magazines wouldn't put a "salacious spin" on something if it was Carl leaving.

(Note that she later said that the person might not be leaving by choice, but the salacious spin comment still points to Michael.)

Plus, Ted (another E! columnist) posted this:
Now, I live for Michael Vartan, always have. And I dunno, but it looks like my sources who told me ages ago that Jennifer Garner's Alias costar was going to be written outta the semi-hit show might be...correct.

Gonna happen next month--so winks Deep Vartan. And it ain't pretty over at ABC exec land, as I'm told Mr. V.'s departure is trying to be handled as discreetly as possible, even though not everybody is on board with such a quiet exiting.

"It's causing an uproar," whispered a frontline loose-lippper.

Mikey's boob-tube arm, by the by, says everything's peachy in Alias land--and I'm full of French beans.

I say stay tuned.

ok so i was thinking about this today - and maybe this won't be so bad if the season ends after s5. I mean sure if MV or VG were leaving and trhere were like 3 years left to run I would be gutted. BUt if they make vaughn be rambaldi and syd is devestated that the baby is the reason for it all then i can see her killing him herself :lol: which would be huge (and ok probably won't happen) but if MV is leaving for personal reasons I can't balme him and personally accept his decision.

Whoever it is i just hope the story this year is good and that whoever leaves goes out with a fantastic plotline!!!!! (y)

The latest from Kristin posted today on the Eonline message board:

Been reading what you guys have been posting about the departing Alias star, and just want to say, I DO feel confident (very confident) that this departure IS happening, regardless of what anyone else is telling you.

(I know. I should have better things to do on a Friday afternoon than peruse your posts, but I can't help myself! Pardon me while I slap my forearm for another injection ... )

With this news, I might have to catch a couple of episodes this season. Vaughn's death? Oh, I am so there.

:cry:

Wait, I just checked Aliasmedia, they took it off. They're waiting for it to be confirmed. *looks hopeful*

Back