Politics democrats and republicans

AliasHombre said:
Remember, every candidate is very intelligent, you can't get that far with your thumb up your ass.  They just aren't all einstein-like in their brilliance.
[post="1353501"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I wouldn't necessarily say that every candidate is very intelligent. With the right people around you (writing your speeches, managing your campaign, managing your appearances...etc) and the right amount of money, you can get in very powerful positions with average or slightly above average intelligence.

Jamison said:
I wouldn't necessarily say that every candidate is very intelligent.  With the right people around you (writing your speeches, managing your campaign, managing your appearances...etc) and the right amount of money, you can get in very powerful positions with average or slightly above average intelligence.
[post="1353977"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
When you just start out, whatever office one may hold, they don't have giant staffs to carry out their work, they have to do a lot.

AliasHombre said:
When you just start out, whatever office one may hold, they don't have giant staffs to carry out their work, they have to do a lot.
[post="1354014"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Not necessarily. Sure in smaller county and city positions that's true. But even state senators and such have an entourage of people who write their speeches and run their campaigns for them.

Jamison said:
I don't think it was a good thing.  Stupid on his part for doing it, but he was a better choice than Kerry...and probably could've won.
[post="1350831"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I was a Kerry supporter from the beginning, but with the benefit of hindsight, i think you're absolutely right...

AliasHombre said:
We don't know how fortunate we are that Al Gore lost the election in 2000.
[post="1355338"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Are you psychic? Because if you are then let me know where I'll be in 20 years.

Nobody and I mean nobody knows what would've happened under Gore. We don't know how he would've handled September 11th (if that would've happened under him...which it might not have, we don't know). Or if he would've invaded Iraq.

We don't know what he would've done, so I don't know how you can say we're fortunate that he lost it.

I think we'd be fortunate to have anybody who ran in office other than Bush.

AliasHombre said:
Saddam would still be in power today.  Theres is NO question of that.
[post="1355523"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Probably...because I don't think Gore would've given false information for us to go to war.

But maybe our economy would be better...and maybe we would've actually caught the terrorists responsible for 9-11.

And kahlenm is right...if 9-11 didn't happen we probably wouldn't have gone to war with Sadaam under the Bush administration.

What I also don't understand is, if Saddam has always been a threat to US and to mankind in general, then why didn't George's father capture him when he was in office????

kahlenm said:
If 9/11 never happened during Bush's first term then he would  probably be still in power today.
[post="1355530"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

completly agree

bush was, dare i say, "lucky" to have 9/11 happen--it united the country and boosted his opinion poll rating--he coasted through 2001-2003 until the public finally caught on how stupid this all was

i'm already wearing my 2008 wristband: www.thinkbluedems.com

Edited because "coasted" doesn't have 2 o 's in it :smiley:

Jamison said:
Probably...because I don't think Gore would've given false information for us to go to war.

But maybe our economy would be better...and maybe we would've actually caught the terrorists responsible for 9-11.

And kahlenm is right...if 9-11 didn't happen we probably wouldn't have gone to war with Sadaam under the Bush administration.
[post="1355843"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You do understand that all intelligence used as justification for war was given to Bush by the CIA.

Let me rephrase what I said.

If Gore was president, NO military action would have been taken. Every part of me believes that.

AliasHombre said:
You do understand that all intelligence used as justification for war was given to Bush by the CIA.
Let me rephrase what I said. 

If Gore was president, NO military action would have been taken.  Every part of me believes that.
[post="1359044"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I do understand that, but there were people out there when he got those documents (ie UN weapons inspectors) who said there were absolutely no WMDs. Maybe Gore would've listened to them.

If Gore was president I surely don't think we would've invaded Iraq, which in my opinion would've been a good thing. Now if 9-11 had happened when Gore was in office, then I don't think he would've sat around and done nothing. We would've gone into Afghanistan to catch the people responsible. Every part of me believes that.

Jamison said:
I do understand that, but there were people out there when he got those documents (ie UN weapons inspectors) who said there were absolutely no WMDs.  Maybe Gore would've listened to them.

If Gore was president I surely don't think we would've invaded Iraq, which in my opinion would've been a good thing.  Now if 9-11 had happened when Gore was in office, then I don't think he would've sat around and done nothing.  We would've gone into Afghanistan to catch the people responsible.  Every part of me believes that.
[post="1359097"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
There is no way he would have done anything, becasue nothing serious was done for eight years when he was Vice-President about terrorism.

I think Gore would have done exactly the same. I think the political situation was such action had to be taken.

What I also don't understand is, if Saddam has always been a threat to US and to mankind in general, then why didn't George's father capture him when he was in office????

Because that was back in the days when we made the mistake of listening to the UN.

AliasHombre said:
There is no way he would have done anything, becasue nothing serious was done for eight years when he was Vice-President about terrorism.
[post="1359651"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

During those 8 years we did not have a major terrorist attack on American soil by foreign terrorists that caused the deaths of over 3,000 people either.

The same CIA that provided the President with faulty intel about WMDs is also the same group that gave the President various reports weeks before 9/11 yet he ignored them.

(Jamison @ May 26 2005, 12:00 AM)

QUOTE(Jamison @ May 27 2005, 10:22 PM)
I do understand that, but there were people out there when he got those documents (ie UN weapons inspectors) who said there were absolutely no WMDs.  Maybe Gore would've listened to them.

If Gore was president I surely don't think we would've invaded Iraq, which in my opinion would've been a good thing.  Now if 9-11 had happened when Gore was in office, then I don't think he would've sat around and done nothing.  We would've gone into Afghanistan to catch the people responsible.  Every part of me believes that.

Like AliasHombre said, Bush didn't give off the faulty info. and about the Un inspectors, saying there where no weapons, true, but he got info that said there was as well, and he made a judgment call, that I stand behind. He had one person in one ear saying there aren't any, and another person in the other ear, saying there was. He chose to do something about the problem, and took Saddam out. He may have chosen to follow the wrong source, but I believe that good still came from us going in there! More than half of the Troupes that come home, state that the majority of people are thankful they are there, but the news which is run prominently by the Left make it sound like We are pigs sticking our snouts where it doesn’t belong.

Back