Politics democrats and republicans

Sydney L Bristow said:
QUOTE(Jamison @ May 27 2005, 10:22 PM)
Like AliasHombre said, Bush didn't give off the faulty info. and about the Un inspectors, saying there where no weapons, true, but he got info that said there was as well, and he made a judgment call, that I stand behind.  He had one person in one ear saying there aren't any, and another person in the other ear, saying there was. He chose to do something about the problem, and took Saddam out.  He may have chosen to follow the wrong source, but I believe that good still came from us going in there! More than half of the Troupes that come home, state that the majority of people are thankful they are there, but the news which is run prominently by the Left make it sound like We are pigs sticking our snouts where it doesn’t belong.
[post="1361535"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

the media are not liberal
they are controlled by huge corporations
the information they put out
is filtered from on high
perfect example:
phil donohue,
the best rated show on msnbc was cancelled
and a network spokesman
announced that
his message "was not the image we wanted
the network to portray"
if ever a liberal was born
it is phil donohue

Jamison said:
During those 8 years we did not have a major terrorist attack on American soil by foreign terrorists that caused the deaths of over 3,000 people either.
[post="1360117"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yet during thse eight years the American government let Al queda continue to exist after they attacked american interests at least three times.

AliasHombre said:
Yet during thse eight years the American government let Al queda continue to exist after they attacked american interests at least three times.
[post="1361573"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Please don't forget that under the Regan and Bush Sr. administrations we supplied money and weapons to Osama Bin Laden to help with Afghanistan's fight against the Soviets. Perhaps if they hadn't done that, Al Queda wouldn't be quite the threat it is today.

And also don't forget we supported Iraq and Sadaam Hussein in the early to mid 80s...also under Regan and Bush.

Jamison said:
Please don't forget that under the Regan and Bush Sr. administrations we supplied money and weapons to Osama Bin Laden to help with Afghanistan's fight against the Soviets.  Perhaps if they hadn't done that, Al Queda wouldn't be quite the threat it is today.

And also don't forget we supported Iraq and Sadaam Hussein in the early to mid 80s...also under Regan and Bush.
[post="1361617"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
yea exactly, but remember Al Queda and Iraq aren't even related.

Jamison said:
Please don't forget that under the Regan and Bush Sr. administrations we supplied money and weapons to Osama Bin Laden to help with Afghanistan's fight against the Soviets.  Perhaps if they hadn't done that, Al Queda wouldn't be quite the threat it is today.

[post="1361617"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Perhaps if we didn't do that, there could be a huge communist presense in the Middle east. Boy would that be fun. We defeated a greater evil.

AliasHombre said:
Perhaps if we didn't do that, there could be a huge communist presense in the Middle east.  Boy would that be fun.  We defeated a greater evil.
[post="1362729"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You mean we created a greater evil.

No. Post 1945 until the destruction of the Soviet Union Capitalism was the biggest evil in the world. It was probably the worst thing any ever thought they'd saw. So we created a foreign policy that would come back and bite us in the arse. But we didn't know that then.

noggi16 said:
No. Post 1945 until the destruction of the Soviet Union Capitalism was the biggest evil in the world. It was probably the worst thing any ever thought they'd saw. So we created a foreign policy that would come back and bite us in the arse. But we didn't know that then.
[post="1362746"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
We could've been smarter.

Can't have it both ways can you?

Republican administrations gave money to Sadaam and Osama Bin Laden, not really thinking of the long term consequences of their actions. Then people get all huffy that the Clinton administration didn't take care of Osama (the Bush administration has failed to take care of him either...since he has neither been captured or confirmed dead...there is little focus on Afghanistan).

Sorry, but that seems hypocritcal. Fact is people that are targeting US troops in Afghanistan and Iraq are using weapons that we gave to them.

Perhaps we could've been smarter in deciding who to supply weapons to.

Jamison said:
Can't have it both ways can you?

Sorry, but that seems hypocritcal.  Fact is people that are targeting US troops in Afghanistan and Iraq are using weapons that we gave to them.

Perhaps we could've been smarter in deciding who to supply weapons to.
[post="1362888"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Its nothing new, the Japanese bombers that attacked Pearl Harbor were built by American steel and fueled by oil from America as well.

And America supplied both Britain and Germany in WW2. Which I could get really upset about seen as there are a million dead British men under French soil, but I won't because nobody knew at the time.

So nobody answered the question? what should we have done, in the cold war threatened with Soviet expansion. Now this country was a nuclear power, with a massive land army and I'm smack bang in the middle. So while now arming people in Afghanistan and giving Saddam Hussain arms (although that was to protect against the expanision on theocracy and it worked because the revolution spread no further than Iran) looks stupid, there wasn't much else we could have done.

Hindsights a brilliant thing.

I realize there wasn't more we could do. But I think it's ridiculous when people criticize Clinton for not taking Osama out, when Regan and Bush supplied him with arms. It might've been necessary, but I don't think you can blame one and not the other...especially since it seems Clinton is getting the blame because he was a Democrat :rolleyes: Clinton did give the order to have airstrikes against Afghanistan, which was ineffective, but so having troops over there to catch Osama has also been ineffective.

There was also an attack by Osama Bin Laden under the Bush Sr. administration, yet he did nothing.

But you used the defence for Clinton doing little to combat terrorism that there wasn't a mahor terrorist attack on mainland soil, well as far as I know, there wasn't under Bush Snr either so his inactivity can be justified in the same way.

noggi16 said:
But you used the defence for Clinton doing little to combat terrorism that there wasn't a mahor terrorist attack on mainland soil, well as far as I know, there wasn't under Bush Snr either so his inactivity can be justified in the same way.
[post="1363472"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I was just making a point, that if AliasHombre is going to say Clinton should've done something because there were attacks during his administration, then Bush Sr. is also should've done something.

In response to that I would argue that Clinton was unencumbered as a new president with the old foreign policy, he didn't put anyone in power so could quite easily remove them.

Clinton had a poor response all round, he had to be convinced to provide air cover in the Balkans, (not suprising seen as it was an ilegal war) and had a poor record on terrorism all round.

Back