Republican, Democrat, Liberal?

• Republican

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Democrat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liberal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
as if you couldn't already tell with me. :rolleyes: liberal/democratic. :smiley:

hey, just curious, but what views do your parents share? mine are actually hardcore republicans.

crazy spinster said:
as if you couldn't already tell with me. :rolleyes: liberal/democratic. :smiley:

hey, just curious, but what views do your parents share? mine are actually hardcore republicans.
What do you think formed your political views? So many people assume people always get things from their parents, which is sometimes true, but, as you prove, that is not always the case.

Charlie said:
What do you think formed your political views? So many people assume people always get things from their parents, which is sometimes true, but, as you prove, that is not always the case.
i'm not really sure. lots of things, i suppose. my parents are catholic as well and raised me to be such but i've since "given it up," so to speak. so... my parents didn't have too much influence on my religion OR political views.

hmm...it's funny that you raise that question because i never really gave it much thought. it sort of just happened. with catholicism, i just felt that there were so many things about it that i didn't feel were right for me. i suppose that's how it went for my political views. there were just so many republican views that my parents held that i personally disagreed with that eventually i just... "became" a democrat.

i know, that's such a vague answer, but i really can't pinpoint when it all happened. it just did. i suppose you could say that the transition point was high school though. all i can say is that now that i'm part of a feminist group on campus, my views as a liberal/democrat have definitely solidified. ;)

I'm truly not sure cuz like flames I have a mix of views....ummm....my friend tells me tht I'm kliberal, but I also support Repub. presidents and views...ummm I always have to be different

~ KM

I had to vote Null. I don't fit into either Democrat or Republican because neither fits in with my full set of views. For example, I tend to be a fiscal conservative, but I am also very concerned with conservation/renewal of natural resources. I believe strongly in personal liberty--up to the point where the individual interferes with the rights of others. If anything, I perhaps tend toward what the "Natural Law" party claims it stands for (applying scientific/rational principles to civic problems), but I have had very little information about it or that it can actually deliver on what it claims. It certainly has no backing or power at this time.
-_-

I voted republican, the interesting thing is I didn't agree with Bush until 09-11. Then he got my attention and has ever since. I still tend to have mixed views on other things though. I think whatever you are it is ok, just remember we all have one thing in common, we have the freedom to be whatever we want.

I'm confused at why there are both Democrat and Liberal options. Aren't they the same thing (or very similar). Isn't it like making you choose between conservative and republican?

yeah i agree Charlie... they are basically the same. Notice that one most people's posts they put either republican or democrat/liberal...

Democrat and Liberal are different.

Isn't it like making you choose between conservative and republican?
I don't know what you mean by that.

Also I would like to say the I am VERY conservative! Just thought you guys would want to know that!

Democrat and Republican are political parties, liberalism (i.e. the "left wing") and conservatism (i.e. the "right wing") are ideological stances. Generally, Republicans are associated with conservatism and Democrats are associated with liberalism, but that's not always the case. You can be a conservative Democrat or a liberal Republican, but it's rare. Also, other parties besides just Democrats and Republicans are associated with a particular outlook. For example, the Green Party is liberal and the Libertarian Party is conservative. Moderates are members of any party who view themselves as being somewhere in between liberal and conservative.

I used to be far, far left-wing, but I'm a little more moderate now. I'm still a liberal Democrat, though.

Back