Foolish Ways

Good thing Cathy was found easily, and they didn't have to call the police, Sydney would have killed him, just like the press would have criticized his parents skills (reminds me of someone :whistle: )

That was a really good update ^_^

That is such a relief that Joey called Michael. Just wait until Sydney finds out. I wonder who will be in the most trouble Cathy or her daddy. haha

texasalias

Chapter 159

“Hey Angel” Vaughn whispered, taking a seat beside his little girl.

“You weren’t s’posed to find me” Cathy pouted.

“Well, you did a good job scaring the poop out of me for four hours” Vaughn told her.

“Good” Cathy smiled triumphantly.

“Cath, I wasn’t mad at you” Vaughn picked her up and set her on his lap, holding his little girl as close as he could get her.

“You yelled” Cathy whispered, “And told me to go away”

“I know, and I’m so sorry” Vaughn told her, “I did not mean to say any of those things, can you forgive me?”

“No” Cathy shook her head.

“Why did you run away Cath, really?” Vaughn asked her.

“To get away from you” Cathy told him, “You only care about Ewica”

“That is not true Catherine” Vaughn closed his eyes as he felt them glazing over with tears.

“Yes it is” Cathy spat, “You only pay ‘tention to her cause’ she’s the baby”

“Catherine” Vaughn turned her so she was looking at him, tears slowly leaving his eyes, “You are my first baby girl, I love you more than anything in the world, but sometimes I need to pay more attention to Erica because mom isn’t here to help out right now and I trust you to be a big girl and take care of yourself”

“I was just trying to make breakfast” Cathy used her pinky to wipe the tear away from her father’s eye.

“I know, and I’m so sorry I went crazy on you” Vaughn kissed her forehead, “Why on earth did you come to Joey’s?”

“Because it’s where mummy comes when she’s mad at you”

*~*

“Daddy I don’t want to go to bed” Cathy groaned, laying down on her father’s chest.

“I know” Vaughn nodded, not moving from his position of holding the little girl.

“Can we watch a movie?” Cathy asked him.

“How long has Erica been down for?” Vaughn replied.

“Hour” Cathy shrugged.

“Okay, go pick one” Vaughn smiled.

“Really?!” Cathy’s face lit up.

“Yes really” Vaughn nodded, cringing slightly when she physically leapt off of him.

“Do you care what one?” Cathy asked as she began ravaging through the family D.V.D collection.

“Nope” Vaughn shook his head as he took a sip of his beer.

“Okay” Cathy skipped back into the room with the D.V.D collection of her parents’ television show, “Law Order”

“You want to watch Law and Order?” Vaughn laughed.

“Yep” Cathy nodded, “Mummy says it has funny extwa’s from when you were meeting”

“Mummy is right” Vaughn nodded, picking one of the DVD’s and putting it into the player.

Vaughn smiled as he clicked the extra features and watched as a commentary from when he and Sydney had first started dating flickered onto the screen.

“Say something nice about each other” Andy grinned.

“Vaughn smells like poo!” Sydney laughed.

“I do not!” Vaughn wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close.

“Do too” Sydney whispered, setting her head against his.

“Do not” Vaughn smiled, kissing her sweetly.

“Okay, okay” Andy threw a ball of paper at the couple, “This is a PG feature, keep your pants on Mike”

“You know you want to watch” Sydney poked her tongue out at him.

“Daddy?” Cathy looked up at him.

“Hmm?” Vaughn smiled at her.

“What does ‘keep your pants on’ mean?”

I love Cathy's questions! They are so funny and innocent, she always knows what questions to ask to make her parents ill at ease :lol: . Every time they are speechless, not knowing what to say :P

The beginning was really emotional, I love how Vaughn explained things to Cathy to make her realize he loves her as much as he loves his other daughter. Now, I just can't wait for Sydney's reaction :angelnot:

:lol:
“What does ‘keep your pants on’ mean?”
OMG BEST THING EVER!!! My cousin asks questions like that all the time. It's always answered with an "I'll tell you when you're older" and she sulks away. :lol:

Loved that update!!! :D

~Anja

OMG cathy's sooo cute!!! i love it when she asks questions... and i'm so glad they fixed things...

i really love this fic... it's one of my all time favorites....

thanks for the update!

:lol:
OMG BEST THING EVER!!! My cousin asks questions like that all the time. It's always answered with an "I'll tell you when you're older" and she sulks away. :lol:

Loved that update!!! :D

~Anja
"i'll tell you when you're older" is my favourite line...I tell my swimmers that like everyday
"Carolyn what did you do last night?"
"I'll tell you when you're older"

it makes it sound far worse than it really is haha

i have a feeling that syd may be royally pissed when she finds out about the incident i cant wait for more~ plz let them talk out their issues if a fight does resolve i cant wait more more more i luved cathy and vaughns interactions!!!!!

Cathy is soooo cute. Hey When I read your reply back to me I rememberd that my grandfather gave me a sip of beer. I t hink I was like 10 or 11 years old

texasalias

Back