Former Gartan Addicts #9

From the description on Amazon, it looks to me like the extras on the DVds are different. :confused:

On the complete collection:
29 discs with every episode of all five seasons, plus bonus disc of never-before-seen extras including:
Jennifer Garner's never-before-seen first interview as Sydney Bristow
Exclusive J.J. Abrams interview
Identity theft – Alias' sexiest Aliases
Case Closed: Emotional cast reunion from the series finale
Dossier 47 – The Secret of the Infamous Number
Fan montage, bloopers, and more!
Packaged in replica of Rambaldi artifact box, with secret compartment holding the bonus disc
Hardbound book revealing answers to the show's deepest secrets, including introductory letter from JJ Abrams
Plus commentary on select episodes, deleted scenes, featurettes, bloopers, and other supplements from the original season releases

On the Season 5:
Behind the scenes at the 100th episode
The Legend of Rambaldi
The New Recruit: On Set With Rachel Nichols
The music of Alias
Bloopers
Deleted scenes
Commentary with creators and cast on select episodes

Things like the cast interviews, the sexy aliases, and info about 47 is probably going to be found on the bonus disc in the boxset. There should be no difference between either one of the Alias S5 DVDs. At least in my experience with boxsets there isn't.

Have you decided what you want to buy, Jill?

Hmm, I wonder if the Rambaldi box, book, and extra/bonus disc worth the $100-$120? :confused: That's where the difference is. If you buy just S5, it's gonna cost about $30 and the whole series set will cost about $150.

ETA: I think Prophet 5 is behind the conspiracy in Prison Break. :P :lol:

No, I can't decide which to buy. :blink: If all the extras are the same, and the only difference is the Rambaldi book, then I'm going for the cheaper one. Maybe I'll let you guys be the guinea pig, and wait until you've opened up your box. :P I was trying to get my sister's opinion, and she told me that I should only buy the collection if it comes with a life size poster of MV. :lol: She always gives me weird ideas that don't help. :nonono:

Haha! I thought the same thing about Prophet 5! :rotflmao: You know what's weird, there's also a board on "Heroes" that made me think of Prophet 5. :lol:

Lastly, it really sucks that they cancelled "Justice". -_-

Elise, you think he's hot? He's definitely not bad looking, but he's nowhere near MV hot. :lol: Do you want to be on that show? Who would you choose as your partner? :P

If they were in the same dream, there might be fighting involved. :P

I need help deciding which Alias DVDs to buy. I was looking at the descriptions and it looks like the complete box set and the S5 only have different extras. :eek:

ETA: Here, I found a picture of Tyler. I guess he's not so bad, but he doesn't look like MV. His partner is cuter.
Tyler_James.jpg
Yeah I'd do him. :lol:

Well.... if my dream were true with MV and I betting on the game, I'd have to give up my Sharks jersey to him. :P Booooooooooooo.

When are these DVD's coming out?? I don't even know if I'm gonna buy any of them. :confused:

Haha! I thought the same thing about Prophet 5! :rotflmao: You know what's weird, there's also a board on "Heroes" that made me think of Prophet 5. :lol:

Lastly, it really sucks that they cancelled "Justice". -_-
Or if Agent Kellerman was wearing glasses, he could be the Suit & Glasses of PB. :lol: I think all these fall under the category, "You know you've watched too much Alias when....." All TOM needs is the help of Syd & Vaughn to beat the P5 conspiracy. :lol:

Is the cancellation of Justice finally confirmed? Last I read was that it's still coming back on Dec 11. :thinking:

Elise, the DVDs come out a week from tomorrow (11/21).

I'm 90% sure I'm buying the series set, unless I read/hear somewhere that it's not worth buying it. I might sell my old DVDs. I don't know yet. ;)

DVDs come out on Nov. 21. You're not buying any of the DVDs???? Did MV do something to upset you? :P I do see what you're saying. I didn't care about Season 5. Killing Vaughn was the worst idea. -_- But I need to complete my collection so I'm definitely buying something. :lol:

Yeah, here is what I'm doing....I'm buying Season 5 next Tuesday, because I want to see all the special features and bloopers and felgercarb and then I told my mom that I want the whole box set for Christmas....and then if everything is the same, all the special features, etc....I'm gonna sell my individual sets and get some moolah back...lol

Is Justice really cancelled???

Jess, that's a nice plan you have there. (y) I'm a little bit attached to my DVDs so I don't know if I can sell it. :hide:

I'm not sure about "Justice". I was just surprised that it disappeared from the line up on my TiVo. :eek: I really hope it comes back, even if that in January.

Chatty, that's not MV on your av. :nonono: :P

I tried to find some info on Justice. From zap2it, FOX has pulled Justice from its Monday lineup and it only has the original order of 13 episodes. It's unknown when it will be back to air the remaining episodes. (n)

Just in case anyone missed it...there's a post over at VF (under Sightings & Encounters) of an Australian MVE complete with pictures.

Jill, MV and I are on a break. :P :lol: Besides, don't you think WM is getting hotter on PB every week? :blush: So yes, I'm cheating. It's okay, MV looks like he's been having fun in Australia. :lol: We'll reunite when he comes back to L.A. :P

You know what I was wondering about? How come that girl who had an MVE in Australia had a camera on her? :lol: I should start carrying my camera around, just in case I run into someone famous. My camera phone is pretty crappy. I think I'll get myself a pocket size digital cam for Christmas. ;)

Chatty, do you not watch Friends? Guys and girls have different interpretations of "we're on a break" so if I were you I would be worried. :P

ETA: Sorry if I'm a bit obsessed with the Season 5 DVDs :P , I just found out that the three epsiodes that have commentary on them are Prophet Five, Bob and The Horizon. I would be so happy if MV and JG were part of the Horizon commentary. That was the best episode of Season 5 :love: (at least among the ones I watched :P ).

Ok, my roommate just called me a loser. Cause I was just watching Monster in Law in the family room when he came out to ask me something and I guess I was smiling when MV was on screen or something and my roommie goes, "Omg.... you're a loser." :rotflmao: Wahh, I can't help it if MV makes me smile.

So... I've been lost on MV news, but are there any projects anyone's doing for his birthday??? It's coming up, less than 2 weeks. :confused: Usually there's always something going on. You know why I love his birthday??Cause my birthday is a week after. ;) I'm gonna be able to legally drink with him. :P

Oh and MV and I are having a conjoined birthday party and FGA members are free to come to Las Vegas the day after Christmas. Ok I'm just kidding, I'll be there but I don't know if MV will. :lol:

Chatty, you're a player!! :P Cheating on MV. :angelic: I shouldn't be talking though, I haven't had a MV banner or av in like 3 or 4 months. :blush:

Yeah, Jill, I know what you mean, I am rather attached to my DVDs too...so I might just keep them...lol.

No way...I wonder if JG and MV did do a commentary.....ahhh now its killing me that we have to wait a week to find out!!! Lol.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news about the commentaries. No MV and JG commentary. :angry:

There are actually 4 episodes with commentaries:
P5 - Ken Olin, Jeff Pinkner and Victor Garber
Bob - Monica Breen & Allison Schapker, David Anders and Rachel Nichols
Horizon - Tucker Gates, Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec
There's Only One Sydney Bristow - Alias Production Assts.

Yep, it would have been awesome if MV & JG did P5 or Horizon. ;)

Source

I've never seen this old pic of MV & GG from the PEP event in 2004. I saw it on one of those photo websites linked at VF during the COB. I'll post it 'cause it's a great photo of MV and his happy smile. :lol:
mvggatpep.jpg

And speaking of PEP and to answer Elise's question about MV's birthday project. Yes, there is a joint MV Birthday Project from VHo and VFan. There's one benefitting PEP, the adopt-a-croc, and wasn't there a 3rd one? Anyway, it's on both sites and there's still time to donate. How's that for a little advertisement/reminder? :lol:

That really sucks that they didn't get MV or JG to do the commentary. (n) Those production people are going to keep talking about technical stuff I don't care about. -_- I liked they way they did it for the Season 1 DVDs with the cast, and they would talk about silly things, which most of the time had nothing to do with what was going on during the episode and they were just making fun of each other. :lol:

Awww. Nice MV and GG pic. (y) MV has pretty eyes, and is looking hot. As always. :P

ETA: I keep getting a virus alert when I go to vartanfan boards. Anyone else having the same problem? :(

That really sucks that they didn't get MV or JG to do the commentary. (n) Those production people are going to keep talking about technical stuff I don't care about. -_- I liked they way they did it for the Season 1 DVDs with the cast, and they would talk about silly things, which most of the time had nothing to do with what was going on during the episode and they were just making fun of each other. :lol:

Awww. Nice MV and GG pic. (y) MV has pretty eyes, and is looking hot. As always. :P

ETA: I keep getting a virus alert when I go to vartanfan boards. Anyone else having the same problem? :(

Damn that Sux no Michael or Jen Commentary :( Jackasses at ABC :thinking: :confused:

Love the MV/GG Piccy finally a smile ;)

Yeh Im having issues with Vartanopia

Just give it some time should wook soon enough :D :smiley:

Okay seriously...it was wishful thinking to have a MV/JG commentary...but to have NO JG commentary at all??? I mean hello, its her show....thats ridiculous! She, of all people, should be commentating at least one episode....Basically I'm just mad they didn't do a MV/JG one...lol.

I actually would've liked to have seen an entire cast commentary especially since it was the last season. Plus not having JG do at least one commentary is odd especially since it was the last season and there are probably a trillion things she could comment on...weird.

But a MV/JG commentary on Prophet five would've been a great! Plus there is a scene when V/S are at a party in south Africa and in the beginning both S/V are speaking French and the two of them are smiling and happy and then JG/syd taps the side of MV/Vaughn's face it just looked like there was more going on in that scene. Plus it along with them waltzing was my favorite part and it didn't hurt that MV looked amazing in that suit :thud: 🤤

Back