Former Gartan Addicts #9

Morning! :hi:

Some of those InStyle outtakes are better than what they actually used. MV looks a thousand times better when he actually smiles. :love:

ETA: 👋 Jill! Have you decided on the DVDs? Is it Amazon that has the cheapest price for the DVDs? :thinking: On the Sunday flyers, it's Circuit City that's comparable at $27.99 for the S5 DVDs and only Best Buy has the Complete Series at $149.99. Did I miss anything?

Yeah, he had really nice smiles wearing the gray suit. How do we get InStyle to print those? :D

Chatty, do you know how much Target is selling the Rambaldi boxed DVD for? Best Buy is selling it for $159.99 :eek: , and I thought it would be less than that.

ETA: :lol: I think I'll end up buying the complete set. :hide: I thought I saw on Sunday's newspaper that Best Buy had it for $159.99? Walmart has it for about $139 (I just saw it online). Costco also has it for $149.99. ;)

It wasn't on Target's Sunday ad. They just had the S5 DVDs for $29.99. I'll check Costco on Tuesday because usually, they sell DVDs cheaper at the store than online. ;) Or, maybe I can talk someone at Best Buy in doing a price match with either WalMart or Amazon. :lol: I can't wait for Amazon. I'm buying it on Tuesday.

ETA: TV Trivia...B&S Julia Walker (the sis-in-law/Tom Walker's wife) was on Felicity before as Noel's (or was it Ben's) girlfriend according to my sister.

I was going to buy S5 only, but then I read that article you linked where it said the complete set was a limited edition, so I felt like I should have it. :lol: I'm going to get a lot of felgercarb from my family for buying it, but I'm just going to ignore them. :lol:

I have the same problem with "Friends", because I have Season 1-4, and now they came out with a new complete series set. I showed it to my sister when we were at Target (very nice, compact box), and asked her to give it to me for Christmas, and she called me a sucker. :( :lol:

:lol: We're on the same boat. I have Friends S4, S8-10. Guess why S4?! :P Then I saw that complete boxed set too at Target last week but I have a little bit of willpower with Friends. I wasn't tempted to buy the whole thing again...maybe because MV's not a cast member. :lol:

I don't think we can go shopping together, Jill. :P Can you believe the outlets in CA are opening at 12am on Friday? :blink:

:lol: So are you saying your favorite Friends season is Season 4? :P MV's episode is replaying on Tuesday night on some local channel. I can't remember which one, but I saw it on my TiVo. ;)

What??! The stores open at midnight? :eek: I guess you don't have to worry about getting up early the next day, if you never went to bed in the first place. :lol: I have to check if my outlet store open that early. :woot: Chatty, you're a very bad influence on me. :P

I was tempted to buy the entire set of Friends too....I just watched the E! True Hollywood Story on it, and I just aboslutely love that show....it's hysterical! Who is everyone's favorite Friend?

How can you choose just ONE friend? :P I love all of them.

And I have all the seasons of Friends, but I asked for the boxset for Christmas, but I'm not getting it, because apparently it is a "waste of money". :rolleyes:

WOOHOO!!! I got my DVDs. :woot: Jill, Costco has the box set for $135.99, the S5 for $26+, and the Friends box set (just in case your sis wants to give it to you for Christmas :P) for $162.

That Rambaldi packaging is kind of cool. (y) I've watched the bloopers from S5 and there's some good MV stuff. :D It even has some BC bloopers. :smiley: The Easter egg in the S5 disc is nothing exciting. It's just a clip of the Alias crew waving goodbye without any dialogue at all.

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! :woot: I'm so jealous!!!! Thanks for letting me know about Costco price. The problem is, I think it will be a madhouse tomorrow. I can't go until after work. :(

Yay! I also want the Friends DVD. :D I'll get my sis to buy that for me. Then I'll really be the Sucker with a capital S. :lol:

Any good MV pics in the book?

ETA: My choice for favorite friend is Chandler. ;)

If you can't get to Costco, try "convincing" Best Buy to price match Walmart. I printed the Walmart online earlier just in case Costco was really $149.99 and I was ready to make my case at BB. Unless they've changed their policy recently, they do price match + 10% of the difference.

I've watched MV part in the Pilot interviews from the bonus disc. Hey Elise, if you haven't made up your mind about what to buy, I'll tell you something you might want. Guess what MV was wearing during the Pilot interviews? :P

In the first part, MV said (and I will spoiler tag it for those who don't want to read it and just want to watch the DVD)...gotta love the guy's sense of humor. :lol:
(talking about being offered the part of Vaughn) MV jokingly said that he was actually offered one of the male leads in Felicity but he turned it down because it didn't involve guns. He said he "sweated profusely" during the audition. Then, when JJ called him the same night after he auditioned, he told MV not to be "too nice" when he read for the network execs because apparently "he was too nice earlier" and he might not be believable as Agent Vaughn.

Jill, the book has no new MV pics...just Vaughn pics and it's mostly stuff about the show. I just looked through it, haven't read it yet.

I'm with Katy. I can't just pick one. All of them were great. ;)

Now I'm getting really excited to buy the DVDs. :woot: I might be spending my Thanksgiving watching the DVDs, and then my family will really think I'm crazy. :( :lol:

Nothing in the book? Are there interviews in there? What's in it? MV doesn't come with the box? :P

I can't wait to watch the commentary with DA. I want to hear him speak in his normal accent. I'll finally be watching that episode. :P

ETA: This spoiler you are talking about is in the bonus disc available in both the S5 only and the complete set, right? What if they don't sell the complete set where I live? :( Oh no, I'll be so disappointed. And I'll be very angry. :lol:

Yep, the Rambaldi box has a secret compartment at the bottom. If you lift it up, MV pops out naked. :P :lol:

I could do clips tomorrow if anyone's interested. :thinking: Can't do it tonight 'cause I have to be at work really, really early tomorrow. Good thing about it, I'm SUPPOSED to get off work early too. ;)

ETA: Jill, the Pilot Interviews is in the bonus disc of the box set. It's not part of the S5 DVDs. The book is just a bunch of quotes from the Alias crew about the show's mysteries (i.e., who was deep throat?, who's Nadia's dad? was it really Syd that's on page 47? etc)

:rotflmao: Hahaha! OK, you've taken that one step further than my imagination, because I would have been happy with MV with his clothes on. :lol:

I need to be at work early tomorrow, too, so I can leave early. :lol:

Chatty, my outlet stores don't open until 7am. That must be a strictly California thing you have. :confused:

ETA: Time for me to go to bed. 👋 I'm not used to being at work early so I have to go to bed now. :P

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! :smiley:

:lol: They're calling it Midnight Madness at the Chelsea Premium Outlet stores website. My sisters and my cousins have decided that we're going to do it so I told my sis that she better serve double espresso shots after dinner.

Ok, I'll upload a MV Pilot Interview teaser before I go to bed...:dogrun:

ETA: Here you go: MV Pilot Interview

Okay, I just got the Season 5 DVD's but I love the bloopers...they are just adorable! They have some good MV/JG bloopers...I love the one where JG is convulsing and MV just starts cracking up and she's like "Michael told me to do it!" Lol. And then I love the one with the pink monkey thing at the beginning and the one where JG bounces in on that red horse thingy....hysterical!!! And I love the one where she has the lighter and she's like "Okay, that was awkward and sooo not cool!" Lol, it was great!

I haven't bought the boxset, I'm getting that for Christmas....so I hope its worth it. The Season 5 DVD case was sooo thin! Compared to all the other seasons...I was like WHOA! It's funny because each season, the DVD casing gets thinner and thinner...lol

ETA: Thanks Chatty for the preview of the Pilot interview! Lol. He's so adorable!!! I love him to death!

Back