Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Scarlet Crystal said:
Why would that affect the quality of her writing?
[post="1439620"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

MeganGarnerBristow said:
Yea I don't understand that either? Because there isn't a twist and it is as it seems? That makes her writing bad? Or was it something else....haha I'm confused
[post="1439627"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I just feel that she has to make him good else she has spent the entire time trying to convince us he is for nothing and for him not to be evil is too anti-climatic, she has a reputation for great twists and Dumbledore being alive (or if not at least have been killed by his own orders.) is the ultimate twist and for her not to take it just seems like the easy way out.

Kind of like:

"Snape is good.... really he is... seriously, I know you don't believe it and never will but he is... why won't you people believe me... oops I lied he is... (ah-ha... I told you he was good, I win!!!)

She needs the bracketed bit, just to finish this character arc of Snapes

I think it would be a great twist. She convinced me he was good so well that I never expected her to say otherwise. I think it would be good either way (good or evil)...

Hibou said:
http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/

haha

They claim that Dumbledore froze Harry on the tower because he wanted Harry to be a credible witness to Dumbledore faking his death :lol: He just did it so Harry wouldn't try and save Dumbledore and get himself killed, IMO.
[post="1439527"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hehe, maybe Snape was using one of the wands from the Weasley's joke shop?

Well I've been reading that site, some of it does make sence. Although it's fanboy wishful thinking on the part of the site's creators.

He's gone, but there's a master plan at work, no doubt.

Hibou said:
http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/

haha

They claim that Dumbledore froze Harry on the tower because he wanted Harry to be a credible witness to Dumbledore faking his death :lol: He just did it so Harry wouldn't try and save Dumbledore and get himself killed, IMO.
[post="1439527"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Remeber DD=Ron? :lol: I bet this is the same person!

I actually think Snape wants Voldemort to die, and that's the reason why he stuck around near the end of his escape to talk to Harry about mental spells. Not that they were having tea and scones, but...

facade47 said:
Remeber DD=Ron?  :lol:  I bet this is the same person!

I actually think Snape wants Voldemort to die, and that's the reason why he stuck around near the end of his escape to talk to Harry about mental spells.  Not that they were having tea and scones, but...
[post="1440479"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

They might as well have been. Visualising that scene in my head, all I could think about was Snape doing the mexican hat dance.

Scarlet Crystal said:
But Dumbledore is in a tomb. DEAD!!! :mellow:
[post="1440006"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But we never "saw" Dumbledore's body... because it was under the purple drape-y flag thing

i'd love for dd not to be dead. that'd be great......but i doubt it. maybe when voldemort dies, the people he killed will come back...

now now, we shouldn't mock crazy theories anymore than we should mock Hermione/Voldemort.

Oh wait, we already did that.

Continue on then.

DD=Ron was the theory that Dumbledore is Ron, and that he travled back in time to fulfill his role as Ron. JK dispelled that long ago, and Dumbledore's death only affirms that. It was sort of funny. They had really convincing evidence and everything :lol: .

the whole thing is on http://www.knight2king.net/

@Jamie - Hermit :rotflmao:

Back