~*~ I Do ~*~

*slowly creeps into thread* :blush:

EEEEK! omg it's been so long since I updated this!!! :blush: :thinking: I kinda disappeared from AA for a little while, but I have no plans today so I'm gonna finish writing the next chap and then hopefully update!! :smiley: So you should have an update either today or tomorrow, if anybody is still interested lol ;)

THE CHAPTER IS DONE!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

:D hehe

anyways I am so so so so so so SO sorry for not updating sooner :blush: I've just been spending less and less time on AA and writing and reading fics, so sorry if I haven't got round to reading any of your updates yet, but I promise I eventually will :smiley:

anyways I'll shut up and just post the long awaited chapter ^_^

Chapter 15

She had told him to go back to Lauren, and that’s exactly what he did. He knew it was pathetic; Sydney said jump and he did. She still had that hold over him, and he didn’t know how to break it. Lauren noticed the change in his behaviour. He suddenly became more attentive, while under the surface he was breaking. He did as best as he could to remove her from his thoughts, and it actually worked for a while. But eventually even the smallest of things started to remind him of her and he was suddenly back to where he started.

Weiss noticed the change in his friend’s behaviour but didn’t even have to ask what the cause was. It was apparent to everybody except Lauren. Weiss actually began to feel sorry for her, but the minute she made one of her sarcastic comments to him, all compassion he thought he had for her went straight out the window.

“Don’t you have some other place to be?” She asked, deliberately standing in front of the TV to block their view.

“Yeah. Ideally I would be at Yankee Stadium right now, but unfortunately for both me and you, the tickets were all sold out! Sucks doesn’t it!” Weiss retorted, leaning to the side slightly so that he could see around her. Vaughn had suggested that they watch the game over at his house seeing as they couldn’t get any tickets before they all sold out. Vaughn rolled his eyes. He had come to terms a long time ago that his fiancée and best friend were never going to drop this feud they had going.

Lauren glared at Weiss and then focused her attention on Michael. “Sweetie, my parents are coming over in a couple of hours…” She gestured her head towards Weiss, silently asking her fiancé to show his guest out.

“Ok.” Vaughn sighed, realising what she wanted him to do. Smiling victoriously Lauren left the room.

“I guess that was her not so subtle way of telling me to leave?” Weiss joked causing Vaughn to sigh yet again.

“I’m sorry…” He began to apologise but Weiss cut him off.

“Don’t be. I’m sure I’ll find somewhere else to hang out for the afternoon.”

They said their goodbyes and Weiss quickly left. Vaughn reluctantly walked into the kitchen to ask about their impending guests. Lauren was busy taking ingredients out of the cupboards, ready to start cooking.

“How come your parents are coming over?” He tried to ask casually, sitting down at the kitchen table. She stopped what she was doing and moved to sit on his lap, her arms loosely draped around his neck.

“I spoke to mom this afternoon and we thought it would be a good idea to have them over, so we could discuss the wedding plans and things.”

He tried but failed to mirror her smile. As soon as the words ‘wedding’ and ‘plans’ were mentioned, his mind went straight back to Sydney.

“You ok?” She asked, noting the change in his facial expressions.

He quickly covered everything up with a forced smile. “Yeah.”

Standing up, Lauren walked back over to the kitchen counter, turning back around seconds later with a piece of paper in her hands. “Would you mind running out to the store, to pick up a couple of things?” She asked sweetly, smiling at him.

Seeing this as the perfect opportunity to get some fresh air and clear his head, he took the list and kissed his fiancée goodbye.

~*~*~*~*~*

“Syd, I’m making lunch. You want some?” Francie popped her head out of the kitchen and shouted into the living room where her best friend was working.

“Sure.” She replied, staring down at the page in front of her. She had been staring at the page for the last fifteen minutes, but her mind was elsewhere. She had told herself that she would be a professional from here on out, but she wasn’t sure how long that would last.

Blinking a couple of times, she mentally told herself to focus and looked back down at the paper. The title at the top of the page brought a sting to her eyes, as they filled up with tears: The Reed-Vaughn Wedding. Deciding that a break was in order she put the work down on the table and went to walk into the kitchen to see if Francie needed any help making lunch. But before she could make it to the kitchen, the doorbell rang.

Opening the door, she was slightly surprised to find Eric standing there with a sheepish smile on his face. “Eric, what are you doing here?” She asked, stepping aside to allow him to come in. She was surprised but happy to see him.

“I was wondering if I could hang out here for a few hours…” He smiled nervously, hoping that she would say yes, which thankfully for him she did.

“We were just about to have lunch.” She told him, as they both walked into the kitchen where Francie was busy adding the final touches to the sandwiches. Sydney had to admit that having a roommate who walked in one of the hottest restaurants in the city definitely had some advantages.

Weiss smiled to himself. “Looks like I came at just the right time then.”

The three of them sat down in the living room, the TV becoming just background noise as they started talking. “So what have you been doing today?” Sydney asked as she took a bite of her sandwich.

“Well I was watching the baseball over at Vaughn’s but Lauren’s parents were coming over to discuss the wedding or something.”

Francie looked cautiously over at her best friend, but didn’t notice any change in her at the mention of Michael and Lauren. She didn’t seem bothered like she usually did, and this worried Francie slightly.

“Got kicked out did you?” Sydney joked, laughing quietly to herself. Weiss simply smiled, and considered not saying what he really wanted to say, but then decided that there was no harm in trying.

“It’s still not too late you know…”

Putting her sandwich back down on her plate, Sydney looked at him curiously. “What’s not too late?”

“Too late to get him back.” Weiss stated simply.

Sydney’s facial expressions quickly changed as she quickly tried to compose herself but her resolve was breaking. “Weiss…”

“No Sydney, listen to me. He is unhappy. You are unhappy. Surely you can see how you can fix this. She’s not the one for him Sydney and she never will be. You are!” His eyes were pleading with her to listen to him, but instead she stood up and walked out of the room.

He sat there defeated, only minutes later to be smacked on the arm by Francie as she walked past.

“Nice work dumbass!” She scorned, chasing after her best friend.

Throwing his head back against the couch, he sighed to himself. “I was only trying to help…”

~*~*~*~*~*

“Honey would you mind putting these plates on the table?” Lauren asked, handing him the stack of four plates before he even had time to answer her. Glancing at the clock on the kitchen wall, Vaughn walked into the dining room, knowing that any minute his future parents-in-law would be arriving.

He had always had a love-hate relationship with Lauren’s parents. Lauren’s father was an ex-senator, who had left the senate after his term came to a close. He disapproved of Lauren’s choice of wanting to marry Vaughn, and seemed to think that Michael Vaughn would never be good enough for his daughter. Vaughn had to admit that the mentality of Mr Reed, which he was made to call Lauren’s father at all times, was similar to Jack Bristow. Although Vaughn hadn’t seen Jack for many years, he was certain that Jack’s opinion hadn’t and would never change.

Olivia Reed was easier to get along with, compared to her husband. She took the time to talk to Michael, and whether it was out of genuine interest or just to keep her daughter happy, Michael would never know.

After he had finished setting the table, the doorbell rang making his stomach turn. Lauren smiled at him, unaware of his true feelings about her parents. She went to answer the door and returned a couple of minutes later with her parents in tow. Putting on a forced smile, Michael prepared himself to greet them.

“Olivia, it’s good to see you again.” He reeled off the much practised speech, as they embraced.

“You too!” She smiled at him, and stepped aside so that her husband could make his presence known. She threw him a warning glare, as she had already told him to at least try and be nice to Michael, just like she always had to do.

Taking a deep breath, Vaughn outstretched his hand for Lauren’s father to shake. “Mr Reed…” It was said through gritted teeth, as Mr Reed quickly picked up on. He took hold of the outstretched hand and shook it, watching as Michael’s facial expressions quickly changed as his hand was crushed in the older man’s hand.

“How about we go and sit in the living room, dinner should be ready shortly.” Lauren could sense the tension between them starting to rise, so she ushered everyone into the other room. Taking a seat on the edge of the edge of the couch, she draped her arm around her fiancée’s neck.

“How was the journey up here?” Lauren asked, smiling at both of her parents. Her father wasn’t paying much attention to her question; he was too busy watching her interaction with Michael Vaughn, so Olivia took over and answered.

“It was ok, there wasn’t too much traffic!”

Silence took over the room. Vaughn appeared to be fascinated by the carpet, as he stared down at the floor, but the truth was he was just avoiding having to make eye contact. He didn’t want to see the glares that were coming his way from her father.

“How is work going Michael?”

Sighing, he put on his forced smile again as he looked up from the floor to meet Olivia’s eyes. They made idle conversation until the timer in the kitchen began to buzz.

After Lauren served out the meal, which consisted of pasta and salad, the four of them took a seat in the dining room. Pouring out the wine that the Reeds had brought with them, Michael took his seat conveniently opposite Mr Reed.

“So how are the wedding plans going, Lauren?” Olivia asked her daughter.

“Really well. You remember the planner I told you about, Sydney Bristow?” Olivia nodded, and Vaughn winced slightly at the sound of her name. “Well she is amazing! She has all the planning and things under control, and I’m telling you it makes everything so much easier. You hear about those people who get really stressed out with planning their weddings, but having a wedding planner really gets rid of all the hassle! And she’s a really nice woman as well, right Michael?” Lauren smiled at him, cueing him in to join the conversation.

He panicked slightly. “I haven’t really had that much of a chance to talk to her, but I’m sure she’s a lovely person…” He trailed off knowing fairly well that what Lauren was saying was true, Sydney was an amazing woman.

Throughout the whole wedding discussion, Lauren’s father remained silent. He knew that the wedding was still a couple of months off, and he would do anything to have the wedding called off and Lauren with someone who deserved her more than Michael did. But he also knew that this would never happen, Lauren loved Michael with all her heart and would never willingly let him go. He had tried to talk her out of marrying him, telling her that he only wanted to her to be happy, which she had replied that Michael made her happy. She would never listen to his advice so he would just have to find another way of ensuring that this wedding didn’t take place…

~

*cue evil laughter* :P hehe

pm list...i hope i haven't missed anybody! Feel free to yell at me if I have :lol:

Scialet
trinity_gc
texasalias2004
luckylass
Jen-Jen
KoalaMV
EJ11
rileylovesalias
oooRevesDouxooo
kiwi
i'm an aliasaholic
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney
msu_ruby
Vaughnlover15
krzykty57789
~VartansGirl~
aliasmaniac7723
musically83
Sarahmañana
sydney_alias_vaughn
broe4ever929
kittykatsmeow
totally4alias10
berry_kyoote_spy88
Jamison
hannahb
racer48_2_08
deranged_girl
Emmy_d
xxaliasluverxx
Addicted 2 Alias
fire*N*ice
syd26
jughelynj
Sydney_Starbuck
athletic44111
sexcivaughn14
Superduck123
ohiochic2010
Sydneysidekick6
sydneyluvsvaughn4eva
SpySyd2010
alias_g
LaurenRachael
secret_agent_angel
noggi16
Truth Takes Time 2.18
iluvalias0203
littlemissliketofight
aliasdancer007
freckles3706
unauthorized_girl
Aliasfan23
sydneymicheal
Brinne
alias_mvjg
Bubbles
SydneyVaughn47
Batman
Alias_Day
ASIOagent
Sabella
Alias Fan Gillian
michaelvaughnsgirl_ak
alizas
WindyStar47
smartgirl2004
aliasfan28
aliasrocks515
Bamse
anji_alias
cupcake55
vaughnroxmysox
Crazy for Alias
ballerina
emotionalrescue
sydneyv22
Lovygirl
sexivaughn_ismine
gregstar
Alwazabrat
mightylittleone
dsracing99
kromrell
LifesMystery
alias=mylife26
swimfan
atekamel
Mountaineer4746
Ms.MichaelVaughn
Identity_unknown
Alias_Fan0202
buckeyealum2000
kunagirl86
SYD96
aliasfreak8903
JessicaAC
alias/gglover
i love vaughny

undercover_spy
jadeygirl
BrownEyedGirl
stargirl591
loane
47tttsv
invisible
kalias
kiwi610
aprilsfool6
cleverchic
leelow13
maddy28
alias_chick_47
VaughnSydlver93
xMountineer02300844x
mnkdance93
maddy28
aliasisthebest

^_^ :hug:

Oh I am so happy you updated this! ;) I really really missed this fics and all of your other ones. I'm so glad Weiss is going to try and talk Syd into this and even Lauren's parents don't want them together. :P I finally have to agree with them. :lol: I loved the update and I'm glad you're writing again!!! ^_^ Great job!

OH come on!!!! move it!!!! plez plez let them get back together!!! it seems it has been ages!!!!! syd and vaughn! come on! we need some happiness here! AFTER what happened to vaughn -pouts-!!!!!!

hahaha i love this one "Nice work Dumbass" HAHAH! FUNNY!

Poor Weiss. He is just trying to help them get back together. Maybe Michael and Laurens dad need to talk about how they can break up this wedding. haha

texasalias

Yay...so glad you finally updated
I actually hope Mr Reed does find a way to call off the wedding
Although he'd probably do it in a mean way and someone will get hurt
but as long as they don't get married...

That was great ... I know we all hope that Laurens dad gets his wish ... aww poor Eric got kicked out ... stupid man upset Syd ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

That could actually work in Syd and Vaughn's favor. YAY! That would be awesome, right? Thanks for the PM. I'm so happy you udpated. I can't wait for another one.

I just caught up!! Great fic!!!!!
Finally someone that knows what should be done!!
Les hope that Mr Reed has somegood ideas to break this stupid weeding up.
Not only Wiees should help him, but Francie too!! That a weird group isn´t it??
Great job with this fic! I love the idea. And please, update soon!! :woot:

Back