If you could add one race...

Originally posted by Faemus@May 23 2006, 02:17 PM
Either that or Fraggles. . . :P
2005_fraggle_rock.jpg
Fraggles Rock!

ugh, sorry, terrible pun. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by HJ-Sisca@May 23 2006, 07:18 PM
Halflings are only good for supplying parts for Hot & Spicy Toelings, similarly Dark Elves would be good to have around for the Blackened Tier-dal.

But I'm all for Fraggles, or those little construction guys on the show what were they called?
Doozers, man, Doozers... how could you remember Fraggles and not remember Doozers?

>Leans back and reaches for another doozer construction beam, nibbling happily<

Xhar

Originally posted by Xhar+May 23 2006, 07:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xhar @ May 23 2006, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Sisca@May 23 2006, 07:18 PM
Halflings are only good for supplying parts for Hot & Spicy Toelings, similarly Dark Elves would be good to have around for the Blackened Tier-dal.

But I'm all for Fraggles, or those little construction guys on the show what were they called?
Doozers, man, Doozers... how could you remember Fraggles and not remember Doozers?

>Leans back and reaches for another doozer construction beam, nibbling happily<

Xhar [/b][/quote]
Because it's been at least 15 years since I saw Fraggle Rock and...well...I'm old.

lol I havent seen them for at least 20 years...

...and your not the only old-timer, lol

>Goes to sip on some pureed beets to wash down his geritol<

Xhar

Originally posted by Cobalt Katze@May 23 2006, 06:32 PM
It's all about the tiny and lithe :Ph34r: My usual RP character (see: name) is always extremely short, but proportional. And often has large ears. Many kite jokes ensue :(
It occurs to me that you probably aren't just pleased about the lithe/small nature of the suwari...but also the fact that they have large ears worthy of...well, for some reason I think of kit foxes. Wrong animal, but still...the ears.

Originally posted by Foxeye@May 23 2006, 08:55 PM
It occurs to me that you probably aren't just pleased about the lithe/small nature of the suwari...but also the fact that they have large ears worthy of...well, for some reason I think of kit foxes. Wrong animal, but still...the ears.
Yep :D Suwari fit exactly with my vision of a good catfolk race. See:CK description in the thread about personal style.

How about a shape-shifting race? They would have their own stats and other ablities unique to them and would not take on the traits of whatever they had shifted to, but would allow for a bit more diversity in what PC's look like. Put a cap on how small or large they can shift (height/mass) but allow people to at least get out of the normal character races that to be honest, alot of us are tired of seeing. For clarification, should be able to only shapeshift to races that appear in the game (The Pack, Sunok, ect).

Read my post on page 4 of this thread Morneblade. Gawd, are you blind or retarded?! how could you be so stupid! Why you gotta be a little punk and steal my ideas like that. MAN! I hate you so much it hurts!

And thus ends my impersonation of a Flame :P . But really, I'm right there with ya. I've always like shapeshifters, and would someday like to see a game where "Rogues" don't have any invisibility or shadowmelding type of skills, but instead they are shapeshifters who have to learn and choose various forms to disguise themselves within their environment.

*It's a moonlit and balmy night, a troll treks through the thick jungle. He happens upon a small clearing and rests for a drink and quick browsing of his inventory. After all, it was a lucrative night in the sprite den, an no one will ever be the wiser.

His gnarled smile reflects over the surfaces of silver and gold when *snap*. A twig crunches under a foot that is not his own. In a moment, he is tensed for battle, hatchet gripped tightly between blood stained fingers. Scowling through the treeline, he sees no one. Just the subtle swaying of trees and the chirping of insects. Turning, surveying, smelling, looking for any scrap of evidence of his stalker.

Slipping back to his original direction, all is the same, but different. Something is not as it should be and he knows it. Perhaps that something is merely his trembling limbs, but a quick bite of his own lip brings his focus back. Did someone see him back at the den?

Another snap and he's in a rage. The troll's screeching defiance is quickly swallowed by the still, humid, darkness. In a bluster of curses and battlecry's, he never hears the Shapeshifter closing the distance. His form of a small lopsided bush slips across the soil everytime the trolls directs his fury elsewhere. Finally, silently, efficiently, the shifter emerges from his disguise just as the troll catches the movement from the corner of his eye.

Help me! The bush!! The bush!! It PWWNNSS MEEEeeeee*cough*eeeeee. . . . . . eee.

Yah, the shapeshifter idea would be nice, but than would you have to change the way you look for each shape?

Nice idea Faemus

I am really content with the races they have, and are going to have, cats I havent seen in a game before, which is only WoW (Lawl), but still it is going to be cool

Originally posted by Faemus@May 24 2006, 08:32 PM
Read my post on page 4 of this thread Morneblade. Gawd, are you blind or retarded?! how could you be so stupid! Why you gotta be a little punk and steal my ideas like that. MAN! I hate you so much it hurts!
ROFL!
You're right of course. I got sidetracked by the whole fraggle thing (I'm more than old enough to remember Fraggle Rock, ACK) and forgot about the meat of that post. I think that would be a great idea that way you had it with specializations.

I would of course specialize in "herps".

Shush Iki! :D

Originally posted by JonDDA@May 24 2006, 08:44 PM

I am really content with the races they have, and are going to have, cats I havent seen in a game before, which is only WoW (Lawl), but still it is going to be cool
They have Cat people in Horizons and you can make a cat person in CoH as well. Those are just the ones I have played, there might be others.

ooo yeah fox people..but only if they can have nine tails...Kitsune for the win !

actually I thought the swari were fox people when I first saw screens of HJ.

More ideas...hmm Plant people come to mind, if this was an actual items game I'd say have them grow when they get new items but since it's not meh. However you give them a racial ability that makes them stronger in the sun/weaker at night. Only game I can think of that had a plant race was two of the Breath of Fire series back on the SNES.

Zombies...meh go play this for your zombie nervana :P Exanimus

hmmm can't really think of anything else. Maybe some the ingame npcs we see in screens. I know Morn would be throw his vote for at least one of those :lol:

A fox type person would be awsome! Possibly a counter-part to the Suwari. A distant relative of some kind, and they have always been rivals vouching for dominance in their new free world.

I'm with Ikiru...the suwari do look a lot like fox-people already. I'm half tempted to make one as fox-like as possible and claim that that is what I am. :D

And yeah, they've had cat people lots, BUT...imho...rarely done well. Horizon's cat people were the butt-kicking-ist yet, due to their AWESOMELY done digitigrade legs. But the males had something of a pudgy tummy, so that detracted from the overall sexy factor (all horizon's males had those tummies, except for the pixie people).

HJ is currently ranking #2 in my books. Adorable heads (very cat like, no chimpanzee, woot!), nice lithe frames, and rumours of cat-appropriate animations. Adding digitigrade legs would make 'em #1 but, eh, I understand the limitations. Sa'll good.

Oblivion and EQ2 are down at the very very very dark end of the Foxeye-approval ranks. Ugly deformed freakazoid cat people. :angry:

Vanguard is in the middle...sorta...hmm...can't say until they finish it and I can try customizing one, but at the moment, they have minor elements of the freaky. They have those weird "it's supposed to be a ruff, but it looks like a jaw tumor" thing going on, like the kerra in EQ2 did.

Oh, and EQ's were okie-dokie. Not real original, but not offensive either, and the females had really great bodies.

<---- self-proclaimed connoisseur of cat people in computer games

Originally posted by Czidvar@May 24 2006, 10:52 PM
What?? So I'm the only one who wants to be Elothean? Damn it all! I will have my day...

Czi
I'd vote for Elotheans too, if that is what it takes to get Kimonos in the game!

You fiddle with your kimono, but the complex Elothean construction leaves you baffled.

S.

Originally posted by Ikiru@May 24 2006, 10:37 PM

hmmm can't really think of anything else. Maybe some the ingame npcs we see in screens. I know Morn would be throw his vote for at least one of those :lol:
Wha? Like some quad-wielding, duel bow shooting, big green and lean fighting machine? :rolleyes:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, so not me. :D

Back