Season 4 is lauren is back for season 4

what if she comes back and she's knows about project "SAB"?? to me it was like the perfect setup for next season when she told syd the bank #s!!

maybe, i mean she did know about the project so she might know alot about it or just know the name and where that box was.

well excuse me but I DONT WANT HER TO COME BACK!

N wether she signed a two year contract or a six year contract means stuff all. No offence but after all the s*** everyone got for her in s3, i doubt JJ will be writing her into S4. well i hope not anyway.

Just my oppinion...

Aly xx

My opinion has altered slightly since the last time I posted here. I have watched Season 3 again becasue I have the DVD's. I love the character of Lauren now that Syd and Vaughn are together but I do still think that she should have dieid but if she doesn't I don't have a problem with her coming back once ina w hile but I don't think 6 years is realistic. But I do love Melissa George as part of the cast and I think the rest of the cast does too.

A. I seem to recall that Melissa George was, in fact, signed to a long-term contact. However, that does not, in itself, matter all that much. Merrin Dungey and Bradley Cooper were also signed to long-term contracts and where are they? Not regulars, that's for sure.

B. Just because an actress is perfectly good and everyone likes her and everyone means well and walks into the project with good intentions does not necessarily mean that everything is going to work out. Mistakes were made (and Mr Abrams admits they were made). And when things don't work out, it's best not to drag them out.

Thanks, rjalias, for your post. People don't seem to understand that there are fans who hated Lauren for other than S/V-related reasons. In fact, one of the biggest fanbases with hatred for Lauren are Sarkneys, and Sark fans in general. We get pretty pissed about Lark. Lots of S/Vs actually *like* Lark. :blowup: But to us, Lauren single-handedly ruined Sark's character. OK, maybe not single-handedly... JJ is at fault, too. :P

well MG joked with me at the UK convention that "Lauren isn't dead" "she fell down a rambaldi hole" "she can have the rambaldi juice " etc - BUT i am sure she was told be the show writers to NOT ADMIT whether or not she was dead or alive before season4 starts. she did however say that she was very bisy with other things during the next year and it seemed the choice as to whether or not she wanted to return is left to her - ie if she asks to pop back for an episode they will let her.

hope she's gone for good btw. :sniper:

Lots of S/Vs actually *like* Lark

Not really. I think that the Vaughn fans were just glad that Lauren wasn't with Vaughn anymore. We tolerated it, but we also thought it brought "character assassination" to Mr. Sark. Like when he killed Djimon Hounsou's character (Bomani) to save Lauren. That was horrible. The old Sark would have never done that. Or tell her how wonderful she was at the spy game as I think the episode, "Blowback" showed. I mean I always liked the somewhat admiration he saw in Sydney, and Sark lacked that this year. Granted I'm not a Sarkney fan but I liked that aspect/dynamic in previous years. Their banter. The character of Lauren ruined that. They tried to replace that admiration for Syd with her, and frankly it made his character seem weak somewhat.

I don't think this is the place to discuss the Sark thing, I'm just hoping they fix it next year to bring back that aspect. :smiley:

verdantheart said:
A. I seem to recall that Melissa George was, in fact, signed to a long-term contact. However, that does not, in itself, matter all that much. Merrin Dungey and Bradley Cooper were also signed to long-term contracts and where are they? Not regulars, that's for sure.

B. Just because an actress is perfectly good and everyone likes her and everyone means well and walks into the project with good intentions does not necessarily mean that everything is going to work out. Mistakes were made (and Mr Abrams admits they were made). And when things don't work out, it's best not to drag them out.
[post="1004638"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thank you for that verdantheart!

And who is calling out Bradley Cooper for not returning to the show, the way they're calling out MG? Nobody!

Yet Jinnie often makes comments on Melissa which are not considerate of the fact that she's great, that she's friends with everyone from the show that she likes and that some of us might be fans of her.

Jinnie said:
Not a matter of 'want'. Her exact words were "I'm signed for as long as the show goes for." And please don't shout. It's not nice or needed.

And to prove it, here's a scan from Alias magazine. Because snipping at a poster merely repeating what an (ex) cast member said is not cool. Period. And since this is your third "is that really necessary?" response from the staff on one of your borderline posts, ivand67, this is also your last unofficial warning. Patience? Me? No. Not anymore.

But anyway. This is from the one with the Trianvil on the cover. Timeline-wise, this is also before anyone (MG included) knew *h**en was eeeeeevil and wore eyeliner. It's also the source of MG's famous "Michael has feelings for Sydney but loves Lauren" delusion. :smiley:
[post="1004303"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Self-edit by ivand67 - took everything out here, Jinnie already read it and it was intended only to her, no need for you no one to keep talking about this. Thank you.

I'm not a mod at SD-1, actually. Nor did I say anything regarding your actual official warning level, I simply asked you to stop and simmer down. As I do many times all over the board, to different users. Even those other than you. ;) And usually when I do so, it looks like this.

Jinnie said:
I'm not a mod at SD-1, actually. Nor did I say anything regarding your actual official warning level, I simply asked you to stop and simmer down. As I do many times all over the board, to different users. Even those other than you. ;) And usually when I do so, it looks like this.
[post="1004827"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, you used to be a moderator at SD-1.net. You TOLD me that in a PM back when you first started to get on my case (you see how call caps is simply used for emphasis??).

I love this site, I love Alias and I really like this community, so I'm not gonna let someone give me warnings without just cause.

(Self-edit by ivand67). Took out something... to any other mods other than Jinnie and ehgripo (Jack), this has already been taken care of. Thank you.

If you have a problem with Jinnie please take it up in PMs; if your post isn't going to contribute to the community in an appropriate and meaningful way then please do not post.

As moderator we are called upon daily to say what needs saying, which is why we have a "Report Post" button... you may not like what Jinnie has to say but since she is one of the chosen people who keep this site ticking over; it is a common courtesy to respect her and her descions.

I have not had, nor will I have the time to trawl through this thread and form an official opnion but it is my belief that Jinnie does not hold a grudge. The staff have an unseen friendship and I can tell from that, that she isn't that petty. If you think she is holding a grudge then I am sorry but you are most likely imagining it. We all feel victimised at one time or another but often we are not, I believe this to be one of those cases.

The comment about MG's possible delusion is indeed an infraction on one rule but so is your sig (although Firefox does rule, even if it does earthquake my screen occasionally), if we demerit all those who make one mistake then no one will have anything above zero. We have to choose our battles, Jinnie you were wrong to say that and I know you will learn from that mistake so I see no point in demeriting you (it would also be extremely petty and just making an example of you if I did)

ivand67 your post is equally as punishable as it could be viewed as victimisation of a mod but again I will not punish.

Jinnie made a call and I back her on it (as I will any she makes), bothering Charlie is not needed as he is busy and doesn't need the hassle.

EDIT: Your second post ivand67 is completely uncalled for... I am hearby giving you an official warning of a warning. Do not patronise mods

Right back at ya, dude!

Anyway. To apologize for other members being sidetracked...

Melissa may or may not appear in S4 Alias, but that doesn't mean certain characters won't see (or think they see) Lauren.

Back