It's Been 2 Years

Vaughn sighed as he closed his apartment door. What was he thinking? Kissing Sydney while he was engaged. He knew that deep down inside he loved Sydney more than anything in the world. Even more than Leeann.

He was fooling himself. What good was it to keep leading on Leeann? To keep on telling her that he loved her. It was no use. He loved Sydney. It was plain and simple. But she was supposed to be dead, wasn't she?

Vaughn had moved on, he had found a new love, even though his heart was aching for Sydney.

Was he attracted to Leeann because she looked so much like Sydney? They did look a lot alike, although he had never seen the 2 together, since they had never met. Leeann had the same brown hair and the soft brown eyes.

Maybe it was Leeann's heart that was so alike Sydney's.

No, Vaughn thought to himself. I'm just using her.

He sighed as he shoved his coat into the closet, and threw his keys on the counter. He walked over to the refridgerator and opened a bottle of wine. He poured himself a glass. Vaughn forced himself to go sit on the couch. He stared blankly at the ceiling.

His eyes scanned his family room. They stopped on a picture. It was of him and Syd. He drained his glass and walked over to grab it. Vaughn brought it back over to the couch.

Vaughn rubbed his thumb over Sydney's face. Why had he fallen in love with her in the first place?

It was her laugh, her soft eyes, her kindness to everyone, her comforting hugs, and her character. They were a perfect couple, made for each other.

Maybe they weren't meant to be. Maybe fate had a different plot for them. Mybe they weren't supposed to be together because they were too perfect for each other.

Vaughn threw the picture across the room where it crashed into the wall, glass flying everywhere. He buried his head in his hands as he cried.

He picked up his cell phone and called Sydney. All he needed was her to hear her say 'hello'.

"Hello?" Came that oh so familiar voice on the other line.

"Joey's pizza?" Vaughn asked quietly.

"Wrong number," Sydney breathed on the other end.

Vaughn heard a 'click' as she hung up. He grabbed his keys off the counter top and rushed to his car.

Maybe they were supposed to be together after all.

Oh, how sweet.

Poor Vaughn, feeling so torn about kissing Sydney after 2 two years and being engaged to Leeann. I hope it works out for him. Great job on portraying Vaughn.

Oh, and thanks for the PM.

Sydney sped towards the warehouse. She hadn't heard "Joey's Pizza" for a long time. She parked her car and quickly walked into the warehouse.

Moments later, he heard another set of tires screech. Sydney waited for Vaughn to walk in. When he did, she ran to him.

"Vaughn," Sydney cried. She searched his eyes.

"Sydney, I called you here to tell you something."

Sydney nodded.

"I thought about this when I got home today."

"Uh-huh," Sydney said.

"I love you. It's plain and simple as that. I never stopped loving you. I was fooling myself, using Leeann as a substitute. It's not fair to her. Yeah, she was always there for me, and everything, but she could never replace you."

Sydney threw her arms around him. They stood there in silence, clinging onto one another. Finally when they broke apart, Vaughn's eyes searched hers.

"You don't know how long I have waited to hear you say that," Sydney breathed.

"You don't know how long I have longed to say that."

"I love you too," Sydney said.

"I know," Vaughn's lips found hers. Sydney kissed him back, and it was SD-6 takedown all over again. But now, here was no one to stop them.

Sydney smiled when they broke apart. "You're the one that I want."

"Forever?"

"Forever," Sydney touched her forehead to his.

good chpt.! i really really liked it! i know when youre posting cuz im sittin next to you! (sisters) oh and lizzie, im goin to northern ca w/ you, no need to tell me that! jk! :smiley:

i am very sorry to say that there wont be any updates until later next week, because i am leaving in a few hours for northern california. i will be gone until wednesday of next week. ill update then. thank you!

I just started reading this today and I LOVE it!!!!!! You're doing a great job! If it's not too much trouble, could you PM me when you update again? Thanks! Keep up the great work!

ok.....thanks for all your responses. i just got back from westport last night and im still tired. i wrote more, but i will have to update later when im not so tired. ill pm everyone when i update. thanks!

Back