Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
To tell you the truth? (and please dont kill me) i dont think that she deserves a nominee this year...
I mean Jennifer an amazing actress and we all know that but it wasnt her best year on Alias.

Aww I won't kill you. I just firmly disagree. She had some strong performances last year, such as Detente, Mirage, Nocturne, APO part 1 and 2, as well as this first part of Season 5 (as in Prophet Five and what looks like to be this next episode, "Horizon". ) Thing is, apparently the Golden Globes is about buzz and thats something Alias really lacks right now. The ratings are down and ABC has gone on to support other shows.

The one thing that every critic, if they don't have a bias to hate anything Garner, has said every year is that Jen performs consistantly throughout the entire season. That sentiment hasn't really changed. The girl works hard. She isn't flash and in the class of having "Emmy-bait" performances but she's subtle, she acts with her eyes, she acts with her gestures, she acts with her voice. Some may say she was off last year, but I just don't buy it. Her character had to be more like Jack last year, more about getting things done instead of the (overly criticized) emotional side she had in years past. The character of Syd had to change to survive the pain that she has been dealt with and Garner handled it perfectly.

I just hope she does well in the SAG nominations and the Emmy nominations next year. Golden Globes are usually known as a joke in the television section so this year its not really that different. And honestly having a Golden Globe and numerous nominations is an honor in itself, but I just wish she was nominated for the last season. Not many women have been nominated (or even won) the entire running of a show, especially one that has 5 years on its belt, it would have been an achievement in itself. That is all.

And RJ spends way too much time at the awards forums. Hee.

To tell you the truth? (and please dont kill me) i dont think that she deserves a nominee this year...
I mean Jennifer an amazing actress and we all know that but it wasnt her best year on Alias.

I agree. :smiley: If anyone was robbed, her name is Kristen Bell. Yes, Jennifer had good moments here and there, but Kristen never missed a moment in a show just as complicated and demanding.

I am probably sadder for Golden Globes than for Jen... cause the nominations are pretty pretty awful... hehehe... :Ph34r:

Im...Kiefer Sutherland is nominee so i gess its no so bad after all...
:D

Yeah, that's true. We're probably sadder. She must be really happy right now and with a much better reason. :smiley:

The "EMMY", "SAG" AND THE "GOLDEN GLOBE" are all the same for me...a bunch of borring events. -_-

Im...Kiefer Sutherland is nominee so i gess its no so bad after all...
I was talking for example about Kiera Sedgwick and Patricia Arquette, who won the Emmy, but nobody (not only Alias fans) was excited for that... I don't think they've done nothing better, than Jennifer in her less inspired season... :eyebrow:

I agree with rj....she played a different side of Sydney last year, and she did have some emotional performances, like Nocturne....and the only thing is, if she isn't nominated for a Golden Globe, don't you think her chances of being nominated for an Emmy greatly decrease....they usually nominate the same people.

And like rj said, she would have been nominated all 5 years that the shows was on...which is a feat in it of itself.

Edited to say that Jennifer's acting was amazing in tonight's episode...so was Vartan's. Well done. This just makes me even more mad about Jennifer not getting a GG nomination! Lol.

Edited to say that Jennifer's acting was amazing in tonight's episode...so was Vartan's. Well done. This just makes me even more mad about Jennifer not getting a GG nomination! Lol.

When given the right script.....this girl sure can pull it off! Jen was Awesome in Horizon...but that's something that we knew already. I just think that they submitted the wrong eps for her.

Jen blew me away last night! she was so AMAZING!!! it was awesome! but i do agree, it mostly depends on the script she gets that determines her acting skills

The script? Obviously it's really important for an actress. For example: Garner was good in "Elektra", but the script was awfull and "only" an actress can't do a great movie. But yesterday she was sooo great! I was sooo concerned during all the episode! It was not the plot! It was a sensation! I mean: the script was good, 'cause Garner could work on it. But I can't imagine a better acting on a script like that! I was really: "WOW". I was astonished. It's really difficult for me, to find an actress that gives me that kind and huge emotions!!!

awww there was a Ben and Jen sighting at Starbucks! you can see the link over at Jen-Fans ... it's someone's livejournal, she works at the same starbucks they visited, and they didn't have the baby with them unfortantly (n)

at least we know they're still out and about! :D

Wow, they're in Savannah??? Can the baby fly already???
From what I understand, yes babies can fly this early. The main concern doctors usually have (again this is if I understand correctly) is germs from other passengers on the flight. I guess newborns' immune systems aren't well built yet and it is easier for the baby to get sick. But since Jen and Ben can afford a private plane, I doubt germs would be a huge issue.

From what I understand, yes babies can fly this early. The main concern doctors usually have (again this is if I understand correctly) is germs from other passengers on the flight. I guess newborns' immune systems aren't well built yet and it is easier for the baby to get sick. But since Jen and Ben can afford a private plane, I doubt germs would be a huge issue.
Well before the 6th month, the baby doesn't have its own immune system, it's purely dependent on the mother's immune system. The baby has all the antibiotics and titers for all the viruses and disaeses that the mother's had and is susceptable to anything that the mother didnt' have. And unlike adults newborns cant' develop antibiotics to fight infections. If the mother didn't have a certain disease and the baby gets it, it could be in a lot of danger. That's also why babies get their shots after 6 month. ;) (because their immune system is developing. ;) )

--Mandy :angelic:

Thanks audie and mandy for the explanation....It seemed like such an early time for the baby to start flying. I wonder if they'll stay there for awhile until Jen has to start shooting Alias again...just to keep away from all the paparazzi and stuff

hahaha Dr. Mandy has been watching her discovery channel ;) :lol:

and i dunno, maybe they left the baby at home with the grandparents while they just got away for a day or two :Ponder:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back