Location Unknown

*sighs in frustration* i finally caught up on this fic. why does it have to be so good? ;) its like a good book you cant put down, only i have to cause there is no more. :( can you please pm me when you update? i so luv this fanfic

Agent Michael Vaughn. CIA.

Vaughn walked off the plane into the LA airport. He dialed his cell phone as he practically ran out of the terminal.

"Hello?" came Will Tippin's voice from the other end.

"Will. It's Michael Vaughn. I just got back into town and I was wondering if we could meet sometime...soon. Maybe for coffee or something?" Vaughn knew he was pushing hard, but he really needed to talk to Will. Will had been there when Sydney disappeared. Vaughn prepared himself for the worst as the silence grew.

He's going to say no, then I'm going to have to push harder. I've got to talk to him, but he's going to say no, and he has a right to. He's been through a lot, but I need his help. Please let him say yes.

"Actually, Michael, I think I really need to talk to someone about this. When do you want to meet?"

"I can swing by and pick you up right now. I'm just leaving the airport now. Look, I'm sorry I'm pushing this so hard, I just really need to try and find Sydney, and I don't know who else to talk to."

"It's fine," Will said. "I'll see you in a few minutes." Vaughn hung up as he reached his car. He sped out of the parking lot, throwing money at the attendant at the parking gate. He only slowed down when he looked at the odometer and saw that he was going ninety in a sixty mile per hour zone.

Come on. Come on. I've got to get there.

Vaughn pulled off the highway, through a few sidestreets, then into the parking lot of Will's hotel. He slowed then saw Will standing outside of the entrance. He saw Vaughn and pulled open the door. "Hey," Will said as he slid into the front seat.

"Hi," Vaughn said, pulling out of the parking lot. "Coffee okay?"

"Coffee sounds great," Will said, looking nervous.

What do I say? I should say something, try to make him more comfortable. But Vaughn didn't know what to say, so he stayed silent.

Irina Derevko. Former KGB and SVR.

"You bastard!" Irina screamed, catching sight of Sloane. "What did you do to them?" Sloane turned to face Irina.

"I would appreciate it if you would refrain from yelling, Irina. You've always been one for keeping your emotion in check. Try to do that."

"What did you do to them?" she spat at him. "Don't make me ask you again."

"Well, Irina. It seems that I am the one holding the cards. I will ask the questions, not you." Irina wanted to peel that obnoxious smirk off of his face and shove it into the somewhat darker regions of his body.

"You played me." Irina said. "You played me! I thought you genuinely wanted my help, but I was wrong. You've never cared about any other person, Arvin Sloane. You've played us all."

Sloane just looked at her. "How can you say those things, Irina? You agreed to our alliance. You shared the same obsession with Rambaldi that I did. You devoted your life to his search. You, Irina, are just upset that I achieved the final goal. I found the final puzzle piece."

How can you say that? You were always more obsessed with Rambaldi, Arvin Sloane. You sacrificed everything for that man.

Irina just exploded. "How can you say that? I would never even dream of doing the things you have done, Arvin. Your entire life revolves around that dead man. Even Emily. I thought you actually loved her. The only reason you didn't kill her was to test Rambaldi's Elixir. Your own wife. How could you do that?"

Sloane slapped her hard across the face. "Never lecture me about my love for Emily. You are not the one to lecture about love for a spouse, Irina. You know that."

Low blow.

"I was young and ignorant. You know that. I didn't know better. I was recruited before I even graduated from college, Arvin. I was forced to falsify my love for Jack, to betray him, but I did not want to."

"Do not tell me the same lies you tell Sydney, Irina. You cannot fool me."

"Do not bring up Sydney!"

Will Tippin. CIA Analyst.

They parked in front of a coffee stand on the sidewalk. They odered coffee than sat down on a bench. Vaughn pulled a silver pen out of his pocket. He uncapped it and said simply, "Bug killer," but Will didn't need him to tell him. Sydney had used a similar bug killer in the form of a lipstick before. Will nodded.

"Soo...." he said. "I guess you want to know about the fight, about Sydney, about the double."

Vaughn nodded. "If it's not too much trouble."

"Okay.." Will said, taking a deep breath.

Come on, you can do this. It'll help. Plus, Vaughn needs to know. He can help. He'll try and find Sydney. Come on.

"Well, after the whole mess with the CIA, their thinking that I was the double, Francie, well at least I thought she was Francie, and I went back to the apartment. I had a headache, so I went to the bathroom to get some aspirin. I picked up this bottle, but it wasn't aspirin. It was Provacilium. I had my cell phone with me, so I...I called Sydney. I didn't get to finish my message because...Doren, she came after me. I had a knife, but she got me. She dumped me in the bathtub."

"It's okay, Will. Try and keep going," Vaughn said.

Don't try and comfort me. You don't know what I'm going through. She tried to kill me! And now she's dead, and Sydney's gone! If I just hadn't been so ignorant and let myself be blind to the double Sydney would still be here!

"Well, I don't really know what happened next. I heard them fighting, I heard the gunshots. It sounded like two guns. Then they fought some more. Then two more gun shots. Then it was quiet for a while. I think I heard the door open a few times, but I'm not sure. No one ever came into the bathroom and I was out of it," Will said. "Then I remember a few days just sitting in the bathroom. Then Jack found me and they took me to the hospital."

"So you don't know who took Sydney? You didn't hear any voices?" Vaughn asked.

If I had heard anything I would have told you. I'm not trying to hide anything. How could I have heard voices? I was sitting in the bathtub, practically unconcious!

"No. I didn't hear any voices," Will whispered. He looked over at Vaughn. "I think I need to go back to the hotel now."

"Okay," Vaughn said, standing up. "Thanks for meeting with me, Will. I really appreciate."

"I hope you find her," Will said. "If there's anything I can do, please let me now. I want to find her too, Michael."

Agent Michael Vaughn. CIA.

Vaughn was back in his apartment, reading the papers spread over his table. Doren. A.G. Doren. She was the last one to see Sydney, and she's dead now. Something happened after Sydney shot Doren, but what was it? Will had found out about Doren when the CIA released him. He had been with Weiss. Vaughn picked up the phone and dialed Weiss's cell phone.

"Eric Weiss," came the voice from the other end.

"Hey, Weiss. It's Vaughn." Don't say anything about my suspension. Please don't. I don't want to explain it.

"Oh, hey, Mike." Vaughn could tell that Weiss was trying to figure out why he would be calling.

"You were with Will when he found out about A.G. Doren, right?"

Weiss sounded confused, but he answered. "Yeah. Her parents were told that she died in a bus fire, but it was her DNA strand that Derevko sent over. I guess Will found out that she was doubled as Francie."

"Yeah," Vaughn said. "Hey, thanks, man."

"Vaughn, you're not going to be able to find her on your own. Especially if it's Derevko or Sloane that has her. You know that. You should go see Kendall. Apologize. He'd let you come back. Then you'd be able to help, be able to find her."

Don't lecture me. You don't know what I'm going through. I have to do this. Kendall won't let me.

"Look, Weiss. Thanks for the advice, but I don't need it." Vaughn hung up the phone and went back to his research.

Agent Sydney Bristow. CIA.

She was still in the almost-empty room. Sydney was dizzy and light-headed even though she was sitting down. Her temples burned where the probes had been attached. What did those jolts do to me? Sydney gripped the sides of the desk when Irina walked in. Sydney gazed at her for a second, not recognizing the face.

"Mom..." she whispered. "What's wrong with me?"

"Oh, Sydney!" Irina said, wrapping her arms around Sydney. She had lost weight over the last week. "I'm sorry, sweetie, I'm so sorry."

Sydney looked up at the woman before her. "What's wrong, Mom?"

Irina wiped a tear from her face. "This is all my fault, Sydney. I never should have helped Sloane. I was a fool to think he would hesitate to destroy you, the one thing that's been real in my life."

What is she talking about? I'm not thinking clearly. I can barely remember who she is. Finally Sydney got a moment of clarity. It was like a cloud had lifted from her brain. "How can you say I'm the only thing that's real in your life? You weren't even there! You've only known me for a year. You shouldn't even call me your daughter."

"Sydney, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm sorry? I wish it hadn't happened this way, but I had my orders. I know you have no reason to forgive me, to accept me, but I'm sorry it had to happen this way. I'm sorry Sloane is doing this."

"What is he doing?" Sydney asked, but they cloud was back. Why can't I think straight? What's going on?

Irina grimaced. "He thinks he was chosen, Sydney. He thinks Rambaldi wants him to show the world what Rambaldi knew. I think he wants to use you and your father to do that. Sloane believes in the Prophecy completely. He thinks Rambaldi chose you too, that you have the potential to be the most powerful person in the world, that you will help him reveal Rambaldi's truth."

Sydney couldn't process any of the information that Irina had just given her. Her brain wasn't working.

This story has developed so much in just a couple of days. What the heck is it with Sloane and Rambaldi? You're killing me here.

Back