Meant to Live

S/V

Cadet
Title: Meant to Live (Switchfoot song, so good)
Author: S/V [aka Katy]
Disclaimer: I own everything. It was actually behind this whole season. The one where Sydney and Vaughn aren't together. That was all me. Right...
Rating: PG or PG-13, it won't get past there.
Spoilers: NOTHING, but I might steal a few lines from previous conversations.
‘Ship: Note author name.
Summary: UCLA! University! PART-AY!
Author’s Note:Ok, here goes another pathetic attempt at a fic, but I was bored so what the hey? R&R, and Enjoi!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Michael Vaughn walked slouched through the halls of UCLA, avoiding eye contact with anyone he passed. Why couldn’t I just stay at West Virginia? Mom was just so eager to get rid of me. And now I’m miserable, had to leave my girlfriend, and don’t know a soul. Eyes followed him as he passed, but he didn’t care. He heard whispers race through the halls behind his back as he slowly stalked to his first class.

Like I care what they say he thought. He sighed as he came closer to his locker, dreading what was to come.

“And then I was all ‘Who do you think you are?’ and he was totally shocked ‘cause nobody says that to him, and then he like, totally ran away, like a scared chicken or something.” Francie laughed as Lindsay finished yet another one of her amazing thrillers in which she turns the guys that ask her out in the most animatingly cruel (although pretty lame) ways. Sydney Bristow managed to crack a grin at Lindsay’s usual story, but found it hard when so many other things were on her mind.

“Hey Syd, you seem kind of out of it, what’s wrong?” Francie, the third member of their trio asked.

“Yeah, fine…just ya know, first day of school, and once again Mom and Dad are gone, but hey, it’s all good.” She put on a fake smile as they continued through the halls.

“Alright ladies, here it is.” Lindsay grabbed Sydney and Francie’s just before they entered the main hall. “Another year of being role models.” Francie let out a snort, “Ya right, you guys are the popular ones, not me.” She said shaking her head.

“Francie how many guys asked you to out last week?” Lindsay asked, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow.

“Umm, well…let’s see, besides Will…there was…well, Tom and Ben, and Sam too…”

“Mm hmm, that’s what I thought. Now come on, I’m sure that there’s three guys waiting for us.” She said, sing-songing the last part to Francie’s amusement. Her laughter died down when she saw the look on Sydney’s face.

“Syd? Are you okay? Is Danny okay?” She put an arm around her shoulder and Sydney shook her head as she wiped away a tear.

“Nothing…just, I dunno…” She sighed and drew in a long breath. “I don’t think that Danny’s gonna want to see me.” Francie looked shocked and Lindsay’s forehead furrowed.

“Why? I thought you guys were like…what happened Syd?”

“Over the summer…I guess…things didn’t really work out the way we wanted them too.”

“Aw, honey.” Francie gave her a side-hug and Lindsay gave her a sympathetic smile. “It’ll be okay! There’s plenty of other cute guys around this school!” Sydney let out a brief laugh, and sniffled.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. Anyway, who’s ready to walk into the deep waters of popularity?”

Michael sighed heavily as he tried his lock once again. I’m an effin senior and I can’t get my lock open. This year just keeps getting better. Students around him, mainly females, watched him. Finally his lock cracked and he threw his books inside. He grabbed his schedule out of his pocket and sighed again. Calculus. Great. Just as he slammed his locker shut again he realized that almost no one was watching him anymore. Instead, they were on the three girls that were casually sauntering over to the jocks. The blonde on the right was the tallest, but only because of her inch high flip-flops. The African-American on the left was showing off her mega-watt smile as she smiled and waved to people she knew. The brunette in the middle was clutching her books tightly, and she looked slightly depressed. She did smile a tiny bit for when she was addressed, but then went back to her introverted stance. As they walked by him, ‘Mage-Watt’s’, as he had decided to call her until he learnt names, eyes widened. She turned to the brunette quickly and smacked her shoulder and whispered something to her. She gave her a skeptic look and looked back at him in a very subtle way. Their eyes locked for a few moments before the brunette blushed and turned back. Michael couldn’t help but smile, as he thought about Mega-Watt’s friend. I wonder if she has a boyfriend…

“Check out the new guy behind you.” Francie whispered in Sydney’s ear. Ya right, like he’s anything special. She turned her head slightly and saw him immeadiatly. Their eyes locked for a few moments, and Sydney’s cheeks turned slightly pink as she turned her head to look at the ever closer male section of her friends.

“So??” Francie asked impatiently.

“He’s cute.” Sydney replied with a smile.

“And…??” Francie was practically bouncing as they walked.

“I dunno.” She smiled again.

“Oh, you so like him!!”

“Like who?” Lindsay asked, suddenly interesting the conversation.

“No one.” Sydney replied quickly.

“Sydney likes the new guy back there.”

“Back where?” She turned all the way around, causing their whole enterage that was following them stop. “Ooo, him? He’s fine.” She dragged out the ‘I’ and continued checking him out as he walked away. “Man, if I wasn’t dating Eric I would totally be all over him. But since I am…” she turned to look at Sydney. “Are so gonna get him.”

“No guys, it’s been like, two weeks since Danny and I’m not ready…”

“Fine, you can have three days. But if he’s taken before then, it’s all your fault!” Lindsay pointed a finger at her and although Sydney knew that she meant business, she couldn’t help but laugh slighty as she threw her hands up in mock surrender.

“Ok, ok, my loss. Right.”

And yes, I am aware of the lack of lockers at university, but it was originally gonna take place in high school, and I didn't bother to change that part, so ya. Ok! I hope you liked it!!

S/V

OMFG I JUST GLANCED AT THE VEYR TOP AND I WAS LIKE OMFG I LOVE SWITCHFOOT! OMG OMG OMG OMG!! And I love that song! But I love "On Fire" (if you have the Cd, it's #9) and that's my song, nobody can use it! Ha, jk, jk.

Rachel

Back