NASCAR

GarnerForEmmy said:
I'm not necessarily a Jr. hater but I would say I'm probably a Jr. disliker. I honestly didn't have any problem with him until he intentionally spun himself out at Bristol to bring out the caution so he wouldn't go a lap down. I don't think NASCAR was stiff enough in their penalty. They should have taken away all the points he earned in that race instead of just 25. Jr. should be ashamed by what he did, and at Texas, when asked about it, he just seemed hoh-hum about the whole situation. I lost virtually all respect for him, and believe me when I say this, I had no problem with him until that incident.

I am a huge Jeff Gordon fan as well as Jimmie Johnson and if either of them would have done what Jr. did, I would have said the same thing. Take away all the points they earned that day. You have to protect the integrity of a sport.
I missed that race! So I honestly can't comment either way!
I have missed several races due to work and all.

I'd have to see for myself to judge what jr did or didn't do!

Still love him though! :D

The_Other_Sydney said:
Is anyone going to be at the May race in Charlotte? I'm taking a trip up there to family cause they have xtra tickets...
Which May race at Lowe's? The All-Star Challenge or the Coke 600?

I might get over to Lowe's for the Truck race and Challenge qualifying and practice, but we'll see.

The 24 car took the pole today!!!! From what I understand, Jeff was good off the truck. It should be a good race on Sunday. I know so much can happen in 500 laps at Martinsville, but I think the 24 is going to have a very good Sunday afternoon.

This race today just goes to show you that a lot of the time in Cup racing you need to be luckier than you are good. I truly believe that Jeff Gordon would have won the Advance Auto Parts 500 today had a PIECE OF THE FREEKIN' RACE TRACK not jumped up and killed his right front. I was very proud of how well he worked through traffic do earn a 6th place finish but, are you kidding me?!?! A piece of the track??? It's too bad he didn't have a better final pit stop. He went in 6th, came out 9th and that was all she wrote. And there isn't much that torques me off more than losing to Wallace. Oh well, up to 7th in points and climbing closer to the top. Now we're off play freight train at 190+ mph next week. It should be great! Jimmie had a great run today too. I was really impressed how he held onto a top 5 finish when everyone got tires but him. Can't wait for Talladega.

Grr, damn slab of concrete. I was listening to Jeff's radio and he said he'd hit something and I was like "what the hell could he have possibly hit so hard that it would jerk the hweel from his hands?" That was just odd and utterly frustrating. A bad pit stop at the end didn't help much either. But it was a great charge back to finish 6th. Yes, I also believe Jeff would have won, too.

Although, I'm happy for Rusty that he finally ended that streak. It's just grr.

Woo Hoo!!!! I love plate racing. I know some people hate it, but I love it. What a great race today. Jeff had an awesome race car, as did the 48. I am thrilled, thrilled with Jeff's win. This should've been 2 in a row without the deal at Martinsville. One thing that is an absolute disgrace is the way the fans acted at the end of race by throwing cans out on the track, just because Earnhardt didn't get his way. And you can say whatever you want, the majority of them were fans of the 8. I mean did you the stands when he would take a lead today, just about everyone was standing with fists in the air cheering. Just a bunch of idiots. They should all be ashamed but I'm sure they don't think they did anything wrong. All that did today was set NASCAR's image back a little bit. But anyway, great, great day for the 24. 3rd in points, 111 back. The 48 second in points. Good day. Off to Fontana.

I love and hate plate racing. But today, I love it. Woo, what a win! Jeff (and Jimmie) had strong cars all day and I loved loved that move that Jeff did on Junior. That was ultra cool. It does make up for Martinsville.

Jeff was on NASCAR In-Car and I watched the last 4 laps from inside his car and that was super cool!

This is from thatsracin.com: Gordon reveled in the reaction. He parked in front of the grandstands off the Turn 4 exit and did what amounted to an "in your face" burnout.

"It's just not the same if they turn around and leave," he said. "You want some action. I don't mind a little controversy. I stopped down there so they could throw stuff at me and hit the car, then I did a burnout trying to spin as many cans out the back as I could."

Ha ha ha, :P back at those fans. Junior was a class act though, congratulating Jeff.

Yep, Lowe's Motor Speedway...the one right down the road from Concord Mills :D (mall..lol) I've been up there lots..for the races, and we have lots os shows/rodeos up there...

The Other Sydney said:
Yep, Lowe's Motor Speedway...the one right down the road from Concord Mills :D (mall..lol) I've been up there lots..for the races, and we have lots os shows/rodeos up there...
Ooh, that's cool. LMS is a really nice place. I've never been to the mall though. ;)

Whoo #24 in victory lane again! And Jimmie claimed second! I was a lil nervous that Bobby would catch him, but then that'd quickly go away. It's an awesome win!

I'm thrilled for the 24 team. They had an awesome race car on Sunday. Jimmie finishing second was just icing on the cake. Jeff's looking strong for championship #5. The last 10 races are going to be a felgercarb shoot but right now he's looking good. Off to Richmond. You gotta love Saturday night, short track racing!!

It'll be an exciting race this weekend at Richmond. 24 going for three in a row!

I'm not very happy with Rockingham no longer being on the schedule and Darlington losing one date. I'm not happy with Texas getting a second date, I despise TMS. Phoenix, I like Phoenix. We shall see what the schedule looks like later on today.

NASCAR needs not to forget where they came from. Believe me, I understand them wanting to go to major markets more often but not at the expense of some of their most storied race tracks. I agree about with you about Texas. We already have too many "cookie cutter" tracks on the NASCAR circuit. Look at along with 2 Texas dates now, 2 at Charlotte, 3 with the All-Star (much, much better than Texas) & 2 at Atlanta. Then you have Vegas, Chicago and Kansas, again virtually the same track. It's a shame for Rockingham and Darlington. Shame on NASCAR.

Pretty good race tonight. Jeff finished 6th and maintains 3rd in points. Short track racing is the best. (Note to all future track builders, build more short tracks or intermediates!)

My beloved Darlington better still be on the schedule for future years.

I mean, yeah, I want NASCAR to grow more, but to come at the expense of going from great racing to mediocre racing seems wrong to me.

Boneheaded move by Busch and ended up taking out or messing up half the field. But besides that, it was a pretty good race. Nice saves by Jamie and Ryan. And what a cool move that Matt did on Ryan, getting right up there and taking all the air off Ryan's spoiler.

I was delighted with Jeff and the team to come back and finish 6th. It was really nice to see the Rainbow back out on the track.

How cool was that to see the the old rainbow back on the 24. I wonder if he is going to have partial sponsorship from Duck Tape anytime soon. His car was a pretty good advertisement for it after Busch decided to be an idiot, again.

Bud Pole qualifying tonight. Let's go 24 & 48.

Jeff and Jimmie ran track record laps (and so did Newman) and that was impressive! Jimmie is on the pole and Jeff is third.

I love this Sunday--the Indy 500 and the Coke 600 on the same day. I pride myself on watching all 1100 miles of racing.

Pretty good races today--Indy 500 and Coke 600. Jimmie really dominated and congrats to his team! Jeff's car was evil. But him and the team will be back next week!

The way Jimmie dominated last night reminded me of the way Jeff Gordon dominated at Dover a few years ago. I was there and he led, I believe, 384 of the 400 laps. I have watched probably 90% of all the races since Gordon joined the Cup Series, and I have never seen his car that bad. I couldn't believe it. He has no choice but to rebound in Dover, because he couldn't be any worse than what he was in Charlotte.

Back