NASCAR

The 24 & 48 start side by side at positions 13 and 14. That's ok, but I was a little disappointed by Jeff's qualifying run. I really thought he would be a contender for the pole. Oh well, the only thing that matters is where he finishes on Sunday.

What a day (I say that with a lot of sarcasism). I can't believe NASCAR. They practically throw a caution when a bird takes a dump on any track but yet Mears blows up, lays oil down and they stay green. Then to top it all off, it ends up taking out the best car in the field at the time, Kahne. There's no excuse for what Helton, Hoots and Darby did (or didn't do) and they should be put on probation just like they like to do to any driver who screws up. Make no mistake about it, they screwed the pooch on this one because there was plenty of time to throw the yellow and get the leaders slowed before coming up on the oil.

This was a day for most of the Hendrick team to forget. Nice run for the 5.

Ah yeah, it was a weird day. It was like running at Daytona or Talladega. Very disappointing for Jeff and Jimmie. I felt so bad for Kasey when he wrecked, I really was hoping that he'd win. Congrats to Mark though, he had a good car all day.

We'll see what the discussion is this week about all that happened.

It was a great day for all the Hendrick cars. Jeff and Jimmie bounced back after rough week(s). Again, a scoring error and human error caused mass confusion. If there hadn't been so many caution laps, Jeff might have finished higher, but, hell, 4th is great after two finishes in the 30s.

Yeah Jeff and Jimmie really bounced back after there bad weeks! I hope after the race this weekend Jimmie will be on the top of the points, hes been doing so good, I really think that hes a guy to beat!

Another DNF for the 24. It's really unfortunate since he had such a strong car, at least a top 3. NASCAR has to start racing back to the checkers. I'm not saying Kahne would have caught Newman, but it would have been close. Good day for the 48. Leading the points list.
Hey, a road course next week in Sears Point. The 24 has to have a good day.

A rare and really disappointing engine failure for the 24. At least he was up there and got the 10 bonus points. Jimmie and Brian did pretty well, too.

I'm looking very forward to a #24 win at Sonoma!

That last lap caution sucked, really sucked. It really deflated the excitement I was feeling for Kasey. I wonder if he woulda caught Ryan and took the win. NASCAR needs to try and have racing back to the green on the last lap. If there's anybody I've really come to like this year, it's Kasey Kahne.

Woo, another pole! That slide thru turn 10 made me really nervous, but it was kind of cool, too. This will be the race where Jeff gets another win!

As of right now, the 24 is on the pole but there are still quite a few good cars to qualify yet. He looked strong though. Could be another good weekend for the 24 team.

Great run for the 48. He needs to save this unbelievable string of top 5 finishes for the final 10 races. Very, very good recovery for Jeff and the 24 guys. That 4th place finish could have very easily been a 15th. Off to Loudon.

More bad luck for Kahne and the 9 team. I'm not so sure you can really blame Tony for it though. Although I'm sure some will try to. Things like that are going to happen on restarts if a car checks up even the least little bit when they are running that close together. Tony just needs about 3 or 4 weeks where he is no where around when trouble arises just to get some of the heat off of him.

I was very very happy with Jeff and the 24 team's 4th place result. Same with Jimmie and Terry and Brian.

Kasey said he never checked up though. I read it on thatsracin.com. I really wish it wouldn't have happened though.

I enjoy Loudon now. I never enjoyed it much in the past.

Very nice run for the 24. Just couldn't catch Busch at the end. As for the 48, they should be happy with their finish because it could've been a lot worse. A rare off day for them. Off to Pocono.

Back