Season 3 Reaction to 3.19 "Hourglass"

What did you think of 3.19 "Hourglass"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
yah i know...ew plus her mom was downstairs and waiting for her!! GROSSSS...ew mrs. reed was prob like, ok, GO MAKE HIM HAVE SEX, so i can do covanent stuff.

that episode was great! Vaughn finally learned whata witch is wife is :D

hehehe- i like that Vartansvenus, no man would nookie at his in-laws house, that's great :lol:

i think that scene was unecessary- we did not need to see that disgust display of affection- a kiss between Vaughn and Syd would have been 10 times better ;)

michy said:
Great episode. I was almost convinced that Sloan was dead. But Jack is not that Evil. (or is he?) :D
I still can't wait for Vaughn to do some major sucking up to Sydney for everything he's put her through in the last year. Keeping my fingers crossed! :rolleyes:
yes- it should be fun to watch him beg on his knees for forgivness :P
i think Syd should jerk him around for a epi or so, to make him really sorry for what he did to her, but she's too sweet she wouldn't do that ^_^

Vaughn going to have to pracitcally do back-flips to get on Jack's good side :lol:

gosh i loved the scene with syd stealing the hourglass. the music... and then the sloane scenes interlapping. :D

Vartansvenus said:
Okay-this has to be the best ep...atleast in some time. This is like the old Alias that made you think and jump from emotion to emotion YEAH>>>>

Loved the look of total disgust on Vaughn's face when he was macking down with Lauren...made my evening.
But I will tell you all one thing-I am married-and I can telll you this as fact!-
NO MAN WILL HAVE NOOKIE WITH THE WIFE IN THE IN-LAW'S- HOUSE.
It's some man-defect.
So we can all smile knowing Vaughn told Lauren "hey, we can't do this, your mom is right outside, you didn't lock the door, and the thought of touching you makes my skin crawl"

Loved that Jack is still so nasty to Vaughn-Gotta love Spy Daddy he's so snarky to Vaughn for hurting his baby's feelings.

Jack is turning out to be slightly creepy and scary...Rule#1-Never piss Jack off.

Sark got a spanking from old man grasshopper...I think I also just aged myself.

GOT TO LOVE ME MY MARSHALL... :D

I think JJ's got some serious splaning to do over the Sister/Passanger. I think JJ Painted himself into a corner he may not be able to walk out of...should be interesting.
Is it just me who think that the reason why Vaughn looked kind of disgusted for lack of a better word while lauren was kissing him was because he knew that Sydney was listening? That's why he tried to explain it to Sydney later and Syd told him that he was just doing his job which meant that she understood no matter how painful it was for her.

GREAT episode!!!

For a few seconds..I thought that they were actually gonna kill off Sloane...but I was like "Nooo..they can't do that! I haven't heard that on any of my online Alias circuits!!" But that was GOOD they way they did that with the mission scene and Sloane's "death". I did not expect Jack to do that at all. HE'S SO COOL! And now Lauren (and the Covenant) thinks Sloane is dead! So it all works out..kinda..except Syd's a BIT pissed at Jack...but I'm sure she'll find out that Sloane is alive soon...right..?

Marshall was "normal" Marshall this ep!! It was so funny watching him listen to Lauren and Vaughn...his eyes got huge! Haha...but it's not like he hasn't experienced that before!!

I'm so excited for the Passenger!! The family just keeps on extending!!

Next week...poor Vaughn! But in the words of my buddy "At least he's shirtless."

Hi, I'm new to allalias, but i've been a longtime fan...
Last night's episode was great, Ron Rifkin did an amazing job of finally making you feel just a little bit sorry for him....
I am a little worried about Vaughn though (next episode) :thinking:

Wow, that was a great episode! Just like pretty much everyone else that has commented on the episode, the scene where Syd was getting the Hourglass and Sloane was getting executed was perfect! The song fit so well, and Syd kicked major a$$!

I didnt think Sloane was going to die. I believe Jack would really do something like that, but for some reason I thought it was all planned to get Lauren to believe he was dead. At the end when you see the body bag on the table and see someone walk in, at first I thought it was Lauren and she was going to find an empty bag and find out it was all fake, but thank god it was Jack and he brought Sloane back to life. I dont like Sloane too much, but what he was saying about his daughter made me feel bad for him!

HA! Loved the scene on the roof when Jack said "because you married her!" Man, if only they werent wearing sun glasses you would be able to see Vaughn looking at Syd when he said that, awww!

I also loved how when Vaughn came back from doing his "business" with Lauren, he felt he needed to explain it to Syd, just like he felt he had to explain Alice to her in Counteragent (I think that was the ep). "She is your wife" "Not for long" I really hope that's true, and after seeing the promo for next weeks ep I hope he doesnt go back to Lauren just b/c she doesnt kill him. I wanna see a s/v moment in the finale really bad, they dont have to get back together b/c IMO it would be a little too fast, but if they talked about it or just told each other how they feel I might be able to hold out until September!

Wow again. This show is the best!

yellowlab said:
Hi, I'm new to allalias, but i've been a longtime fan...
Last night's episode was great, Ron Rifkin did an amazing job of finally making you feel just a little bit sorry for him....
I am a little worried about Vaughn though (next episode) :thinking:
im worried for him too...IF THEY TOUCH ONE PIECE OF THAT BEAUTIFUL SKIN...

I am so incredibly Pissed! I set my TV to tape the episode, but one of my brothers changed the channel, so I got an hour's worh of ©rap music.

:thud:

this was a GOOD eppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT SLOANE WAS DEAD! I soooooo should have seen that coming. I was like...Jack, what are you doing!? Why are you not saving him!? Syd is gonna come running down the hall to save him, right?? WHAT? She didn't!? I was freeeaking out! And I kept thinking...JJ would NOT kill off Sloane, Ron Rifkin has been with the show FOREVER! (well, about 3 years :P ) And then......................he's alive.

I also liked how Syd tricked Jack like that! Go Syd!

And how Sark got all beat up. I was SO MAD that stupid Olivia showed up. :angry:

And hmmmm, what else? Oh, yeah, the promo! I DON'T like how Lauren goes, "Not all of it was a lie." That sounds like they might get together!!!!!

But then I was thinking, maybe it's a trick of Lauren's to make Vaughn trust her. Well, we'll see.

Back to last night's eppy, I HATED how Syd got all upset when Vaughn started kissing Lauren. He's playing his part! She knows that he doesn't like Lauren! What's her deal? She's kissed people on missions before!

Oh, I was thinking after the eppy, "Why didn't JJ revive Sloane at the start of the next eppy and left a cliffhanger?" and now I'm thinking that maybe he just didn't want people all mad that he killed Sloane. Who knows? At least Sloane's not dead. I just can't imagine the show without Sloane!

Ok, and what else? Not too much, really that I can think of. Just that this was a VERY good eppy compared to other eppys i could think of... :rolleyes:

:D Can't wait 'till next week! :D

i juss watched it again and it was still great!! one of the best episodes i have seen!!!the best wa sat the end...with sloane dieing and then they played that kixk azz music....it got me hyper lol well the whole epi was good and next weeks well since i read spoilers bout it ..it didnt suprise me ...so i really need to stop resading those dman things so i canm be suprised :lol:

my fav part was wen syd was stealing the hourglass and it was slow-mo of her running and shooting the guys. Awesome! Fabulous episode! That thing with Lauren and Vaughan with Syd and Marshall listening...gross! :cuss: :lame:

Alias_Fan0202 said:
this was a GOOD eppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT SLOANE WAS DEAD! I soooooo should have seen that coming. I was like...Jack, what are you doing!? Why are you not saving him!? Syd is gonna come running down the hall to save him, right?? WHAT? She didn't!? I was freeeaking out! And I kept thinking...JJ would NOT kill off Sloane, Ron Rifkin has been with the show FOREVER! (well, about 3 years :P ) And then......................he's alive.
Yeah, I kept coming up for all these ways Sloane was going to be saved, and when Syd heard the execution was still on, I thought, 'she's gonna save him!' but then i remembered she'd be too late. she wouldnt have been able to get there that quickly.

I definitely have to agree that the scene with syd getting the hourglass and sloan being executed was pretty awesome! it gave me goosebumps! and the music....Wow! J.J. did an awesome job with this epi! Can't wait till next week. (y) :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm
a)tired and
b)do not want to search through 16 pages,

so can anyone tell me (even if it's been said) what was the song that played during the execution/breakin scene?? Thanx!

Back