• 1 - It was bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - It was OK

• 3 - It was good

• 4 - It was great!

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

• Total voters
ok, here are my full views on the new season - well, *deep breath*, there is TOO MUCH changed. I do get that after 2 years there would be well, quite a bit of change, but its just too much for us die hard alias fans to take. will, francie, and irina aren't on! why so many characters?! syd. has no friends, with the exception of weiss, (im crossing my fingers that they'll stay friends)the relationships have changed too much as well. even though it's sweet and everything, jack and sydney are all nice to each other and, though its nice that there isn't a scream competition every second, i wish there would be a little conflict. and the irina - syd. relationship isn't even existing, so it appears. arg. i HATE that! THERE isn't even a major "bad guy" of any kind. AND WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL OUR CLIFFHANGERS? i mean, granted there are a few small cliffhangers, but what about the mission cliffhangers. WHERE ARE the missions AT ALL??!! The missions used to be the main emphasis on the show, with the drama and emotion wrapped around it. I AM SO MISSING THE GOOD OLD DAYS. Hmm..... is that it?? No, oh yea, I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HATE VAUGHNS NEW LITTLE WIFE!!!!!!! I have from the moment i saw her!!!! And when she made those comments about Syd.... oh i could have reached into the screen and killed her right then. ok. well the IDEAL situation would be...ittle lauren turns out to be a double agent or spy or something, and they catch her, and she like tries to kill vaughn, but she doesn't, and she gets killed, and vaughn is like "i was so wrong" and he goes back with syd, and they pick up where they left off.
there is probably a lot more i could rant on, and i mean ALOT, but i have to go watch gilmore girls now.

Let's see, addressing the above post . . .

no Irina--please talk to Lena Olin, there's only so much they can do to get her back, y'know. It's not like they don't want her back, and haven't tried. Francie is dead already, and when she was there she was hardly ever there. Bradley Cooper probably wanted to leave too because his storylines were thin and he was getting some good offers--who can blame him? They wanted him back too, and kept him alive over network objections. But if the actor wants to leave, you can't just nail him to his contract.

You want more conflict between Jack and Sydney? Really. Must their relationship remain totally static? Especially since she's so alone and has plenty of conflict with other characters such as Vaughn and Lauren now? Given the change in circumstances, this change makes a lot of sense.

No major bad guy? Hm. I guess no one is responsible for Sydney's lost years, then.

As far as the cliffhangers, you can blame ABC for that; they wanted the episodes to be more stand-alone. Perhaps someone should point out to ABC that the ratings were, in fact, higher when there were cliffhangers.

No missions? There's about two per episode, same as usual. This episode there was the surveillance mission in Mexico that resulted in a hostage situation and some martial arts action and the raid on the bunker in Moscow to steal Medusa. The second episode actually had three: the first was minor, the discovery of the head and message at the adult theater; then there was the prisoner exchange that resulted in the loss of both Sark and the CIA agent; and finally Sydney's foray into the Covenant op. But, hey, I guess there are no missions . . . or maybe they're just not what you want . . .

As for Vaughn's wife, why not love to hate her? They're not going to keep her with Vaughn forever, y'know.

I can understand your frustration, but I'm just not nearly as frustrated--and some of the changes you mention I don't even think happened.
;)

the only thing that i have against Lauren is how unsympathetic she is towards Sydney. she said she's been sympathetic for 2 weeks, but now she's done. from Sydney's perspective 2 weeks ago her and Vaughn were supposed to be having a romantic weekend in Santa Barbara. this Lauren doesn't quite understand the situation really. but i think her lack of understanding is true to her character. Lauren hasn't been through what Sydney and Vaughn have been through. she probably hasn't had any real trials in her life. but i think as she works more with Sydney she'll become more understanding.

i'm just really missing having the episodes lead into the next one. the eps have all sort of ended every time. we haven't been left hanging like we used to be. i miss that. JJ has to bring that back. it's better for new viewers i suppose, but ALIAS doesn't seem to be getting many of those. so they should just stick with the format that the current fans love.

the show's evolving. but it's a huge change that was maybe too abrupt. that's the general complaint i'm picking up, atleast.

another matter is the terrible ratings. if the ratings don't improve, abc may not pick up alias for a new season. jennifer garner's big new contract doesn't necessarily mean she'll stay with alias through 2007-08
she just stays with touchstone television. networks hang on to so-so shows (in the ratings, i mean. alias is an amazing series) for 3 seasons or 100 episodes, so it can be sold to other nets for re-runs and syndication. that's maybe why they changed the format to more stand-alone eps in preparation for re-runs (cliff-hanger shows don't work well in syndication). horrible thought, eh? all we can do is talk about it, watch, and keep our collective fingers crossed.

AS!

The advertising rates, which are the most important thing to the networK, for Alias are very good. Alias was 26th overall for rates and the third highest rate ABC charged for a show after football and The Bachelor.

So up to this season Alias was doing way better in the ratings that the network cares about than we thought. Alias was not in trouble at all.

This season so far the ratings are doing very well in the 18-34 and 18-49 demographic and although not rising they are not falling either. So Alias is in no danger right now.

The episode was good-- but weak.
I liked the very beginning-- the Syd & Weiss scene. It was a notch too sad-- did everyone see the look in Syds face when she said "picture frames" (Vaughns xmas present to her in S1)...

Back