Season 3 which cliffhanger would you have preferred?

which ending would you have prefered to see?

• i would have preferred to see the original ending

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i would have liked to see a completely different ending

• either way, it doesn't matter to me

• i prefer the ending that we saw

• Total voters
iheartalias said:
i saw it in the season 3 finale reactions...here it is from aliaslover4life91:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As many of you are aware, the season 3 finale was filmed with an ending in place. However, JJ ABRAMS (creator) did not like it, so he had it changed. This is what the ending was going to be like:

Written by Jeff Pinkner:

ALIAS- EP#E322- "Resurrection"- 04/09/2004- First Draft

Below her: Vaughn dangles by his shoulder from the hook, and now the cable is lashed around Jack's leg, to untangle it would require letting go with his hands.

ON SYDNEY: Straining with effort. HER HANDS: White with effort-- refusing to drop them--- but their combined weight IS CAUSING THE RAILING TO GIVE WAY -- IT'S BREAKING -- IN A MOMENT THEY'LL ALL GO OVER.

VAUGHN: -- you can't hold us both --

She struggles to pull them back up --

SYDNEY (straining): -- no --

-- But Vaughn's right. It's too much. Her eyes go to her dad.

JACK: -- CUT ME LOOSE.

-Then to Vaughn.

VAUGHN: Let me go.

And looking down at her father and Vaughn, Sydney realizes that all 3 of them are going to die... unless she does the unthinkable...

Sydney pulls a BLADE from her belt -- she opens it -- and holding it to the rope, we UNDERSTAND: if she cuts one of them free, she and the other will survive -- she has to choose which one, but how...

AND ALL MUSIC CUTS OUT -- replaced by just the sound of Sydney's strained breathing.

We're TIGHT ON HER FACE -- streaked with sweat -- straining with this impossible choice -- when-- Oh, God -- suddenly. SHE'S PULLED FORWARD OUT OF THE FRAME.

WIDER: the railing Sydney clings to is collapsing --

Vaughn: SYD -- NOW -- DO IT NOW

AND THERE'S NO MORE TIME .. WE'RE ON SYDNEY AS SHE DECIDES THEN BRINGS THE KNIFE TO ONE OF THE ROPES --- AND WE'RE VERY CLOSE AS SHE SLICES THROUGH IT -- IT DROPS AWAY --

WHO'S AT THE OTHER END?

FOR THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION, WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON, BECAUSE NOW, OFF SYDNEY'S CHOICE, WE...
CUT TO BLACK.

END OF SEASON THREE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

personally, i think this would have been a better cliffhanger, but there's no way i would have wanted to wait until january to find out what happens...it's also a bit too dramatic for me, LoL - not like what did happen in the finale wasn't dramatic, but it was a different kind of dramatic...you get me?! LoL

basically, i liked the finale that aired better. :smiley:
Haha, I originally typed it out and I got it from Alias magazine.

aliasalltheway said:
Personally, I think the original ending would have been a way better cliff hanger, however, I don't think I could of handled the suspense for 7 months waiting to find out what decision she finally made. So I guess I'm happy with the ending they used. Even though I was a little disappointed with it.
Well, I prefer this one right now, because it leaves much more to talk about... and this will be another thing for season 4 rather than just: Who did she choose? NOw it's like, what was on those papers? What did Jack do? What does Nadia have to do with this? What does Irina have to do with this? lol

i think a cliffhanger like that would have been a lot better than the one they showed. But then again, we know neither Vaughn nor Jack is leaving the show (they're to important) so it wouldn't have been that suspensful.

i would have rather seen the orginal. it would have been more like, Show us more! make people want to watch next season, and i'd actually want this person to stay dead, not come back to life or anything. So it'd either be Jack or Vaughn........we'd find out who'd die in Season 4.

I liked this ending. I didn't like teh original one at all. That was just terrible! Lol. I like the one we got I just don't like teh fact we have to wait so long to see what happens lol

First of all, the original ending was... well... I mean, they wanted to kill off one the the main characters? Nope. Sorry, but that would never work for me. Plus, I couldn't wait until January to see what happened. I literally would have killed myself. It's bad enough waiting until January to find out what Jack did. The ending we saw, it was okay. Not as good as the other endings, but okay. I think they could have done a better job.

Well, with the orginal ending, I dont want Jack or Vaughn dead... and if they were to be brought back to life, I can't handle anymore scifi! And wasn't it JJ who changed the ending? I'm not sure, but if it was I'm sure he's got something planned. And the new ending is easier to wait on...

I like what they did because if they had used the original one we would have to wait a long time to see who Sydney chose.

i read all this in Alias Magazine #5, and the only reason they didn't use the original ending (which I would've loved because its SOO alias and would be the ULTIMATE cliffhanger, although i wouldn't be able to wait) is because Entertainment Weekly released it in an article online about season cliffhangers! Damn Entertainment Weekly! I saw that online before I read that thing in Alias Magazine, and I knew right away that they had ruined it and now they would have to use something else. The SAB 47 thing was something they didn't even plan on revealing until the middle of season 4, which is probably why it didn't fully live up to Alias' cliff-hanger potential.

I PERFUED THE ENDING THAT WAS I LOVE IT IT TOTTALY MAKES YOU WATN TO WATCH ALIAS SEASON 4 LIKE I WOULDN'T WATCHI IT ANY WAY BUT YAH OK I LOVE MY SIGGY DON'T YOU
IT WAS BYE SYDNEY BRISTOW AND SOME NUMBERS

LOVE
<0> ALY <0>

Back