In the Shadows

hi helen,
i love your update and YES it´s really short but NO !!! it`s not bad as you clamed it to be. :rolleyes:
i think you are up to a great storyline and i can´t wait for the next update.
you have so many characters mentioned i´m really thrilled how you play them along. :woot:

thanx for the pm
suzy

aww thank you, you are really sweet. i just realised that you are from germany! im going to germany on my own in the easter to stay with friends to help me with my gcse, but i am scared they will talk really quickley and i'll have no idea what they are on about!!

hehe.. thanks for the PM. :smiley:

aha... so sydney is on her way to see Vaughn... is sarkie okay?! :blink:

anywho... updatey sooney (y)

~steph x

hello here is the update, sory i havnt updated for ages. i will try to update soon and not leave so long in between. hope you like it xxx helen xxx

Sydney wandered down a road she knew so well; she was home, but what was she supposed to do. Walk in and say, ‘Hi Will, member me?’ They all think she is dead, even if Sark had got a message to the CIA, would they really believe him, the enemy? But he wasn’t the enemy; he had helped her through this and got her out. She hoped he was okay, she just had to understand that he didn’t mean those things he did, but she couldn’t get it out of her mind.
Sydney thought, she would have to call; call Dixon, Jack… Michael? First she needed some money, there were shoppers everywhere, surely somebody would lend her a little to make a call, but she was in tatters, battered, black eye, and must have smelt from wearing the same clothes which were torn and grubby. Who would seriously give her money?
‘Excuse me; do you have a little money I could borrow to make a phone call?’ She asked the first person to walk past; the man just gave her a dirty look and walked on by. It could not be that far to walk to the CIA headquarters, and that is what she would have to do. It had been such a long time; it took a while for Sydney to catch her bearings. She soon remembered the way and started walking in the direction of the building.
Arriving, completely exhausted she staggered inside.
‘I need to speak to Jack Bristow or Dixon please?’
‘And… who are you’, came the reply from the receptionist.
‘If I tell you that, I doubt you will believe me.’
‘Try me.’
‘Ok, I am Sydney Bristow; I am presumed dead and have been for over a year. I don’t know why I am bothering telling you this information, as I doubt you will believe me. But, it is me. Please, I need your help.’
The lady behind the desk looked her up and down and frowned, but picked up the phone anyways.
‘Hello, Mr Bristow… yes I am sorry to disturb you. There is a lady here wanting to see you. Yes, I realise it is inconvenient, but she is claming to be your daughter. Yes, your daughter. Well I don’t know sir; I have not met her before. Yes. Ok, I shall tell her.’
‘Miss… Bristow, I assume. He told me that he would be down to see you, and will severely punish you for whatever joke you have got going on here.’
Sydney sighed; this wasn’t going to be easy. But her own father; he had to believe her. What was she supposed to say…? ‘Hello I am your dead daughter.’ She just needed to see him and tell him how much she loved him. All the things that Sydney wished she had said before she was taken. She wished so much that she looked better, but she had walked all through the night to get here and she had nowhere to go to change her clothes without giving Will a heart attack. Oh, how much she wanted to see Will, her best friend and hug him and talk to him as before.
Here he was.
‘Dad!’ Sydney ran up to him and hugged him; he seemed so stiff and numb.
‘It’s me; I have missed you so much. I am so sorry.’
Tears spilled down his face and he hugged her tightly.
‘It is you, it is really you. I can’t believe this. Sydney, I have missed you so much, I can’t believe you are alive.’
Both crying, father and daughter reunited once again.

As Vaughn walked into work the next morning, something seemed different and strange. There was soft murmuring amongst people and all eyes glanced at him as he walked past towards Jack’s office. What had happened to make everybody talk?
‘Vaughn.’
The word spoken behind him, a voice he had known so well. It seemed surreal, what was going on? Oh my god, turning around… it was her. It was really her.
Michael fell to his knees and buried his head in his hands crying out, crying in pain, crying in happiness and crying in pain. Why had he given up hope that this day would arrive? He had lost fate and been too selfish, she was back… she came back to him.
Rising up from the ground he slowly walked towards Sydney, his Sydney. He would have to be careful, Lauren was in the office. Lauren, how would he explain to Sydney? The hug lasted eternity and they were finally bonded back together after all this time. What would become of them now?
‘Sydney…’
‘Vaughn, don’t say anything. I know… about Lauren. I just want this moment here with you. I have wanted this moment for so long and now I wish it could go on forever even though I know it can’t. I have been watching you since I was taken from you, watching your life go on, however much it hurt. I was there without you knowing, watching you from the shadows.’
It pained Michael that she spoke like this, he wanted to know everything that had happened and more than anything who had done this to her. Look at her standing there, so vulnerable and weak, skinny and battered. She deserved so much more.

:love:

helen its so cute.
update soon, or i shall bug you at school. well, i will anyways, but i'll bug you even more. ;)

~steph xxx :love: :hug:

hi helen,
that was a great update!!! thank you.
i´m exited how you explain her missing and what you think she was doing during this time -or did you mentined it already?? ah i have to re-read the story again.
oh i liked sydney being kind of taugh with the vaughn-lauren situation. :cool:

....about you visiting germany, don´t be scared :Ph34r: . see everyone speaks english and will speak less fast german in your company!...and german people survive english-exchanges so you gonna survive this one...........at least i hope cause you have to go one with this and much more stories! :angelic:

suzy

Pm List

cute_as_candy
German Muse
sexcivaughn14
shotput25ash
chookie
IwantRome
Alias Fan Gillian
Syd26
tunita
FuzziLizzi#47
KoalaMV
Lara_Bristow
sunshine231

okay im wrting the update now it will be here shortly xxx

Here is the update, sorry it isn't very long. I won't be able to update a lot as I am going to begin to revise for my mocks soon..... yey! I hope you like this R&R please. xxxx helen xxxx

Vaughn wanted to talk to her about it, but it was too hard. How could he just talk to her about it; he still loved her, but how would she understand that. Each morning he saw her, he wanted to hug her and ask her if she had a good evening. It wasn’t that easy. Now all the focus at work was on finding Sark and seeing what happened when he sent the email. Michael hoped that Sark was alright, yes he was a bad guy, but he also saved Sydney’s life. He just wondered what went on between when she was taken and now. Sydney had just come into work that morning and Vaughn decided he should talk to her… out of the corner of his eye he saw Lauren, but he blanked it out of his mind.
‘Hi Sydney, how are you this morning?’
‘Hi… Vaughn.’ Sydney glanced over at Lauren.
‘What did you do last night?’ Vaughn quickly asked wanting to keep her attention.
‘I really don’t think we should be talking right now… you are with Lauren and you know what the difference between you and me is? I would have waited!’ Sydney shouted, she needed to get it out.
Vaughn was taken back and surprised, he didn’t want to argue with her. He wished that nothing had ever changed. He loved her and he had lost her. It wasn’t his fault that he had lost her… he wished Sydney would just be friends with him, just for now.

Sydney was surprised that she had that power inside her to shout at him like that. She didn’t want to hurt him, but she would have kept looking if it was Vaughn who had been taken. Walked to the edges of the earth and climbed the highest mountain in search of him. It wasn’t fair that he had left her and she had known, she had seen him walk down the aisle with the wrong woman on his arm. Now all focus was on finding Sark. Sydney had known him the best recently and all eyes seemed on her. She had no idea what to say to them… that he abused her, used her, kissed her all over and done things that nobody had done before? Yet, he didn’t mean it. How would they, how could they believe that? Maybe it would be easier for Sydney to explain from the beginning, but the beginning wasn’t very important. She blacked out and had woken up in a cell. That was that. Sydney wanted to talk to Sark; he had saved her, but what if he hadn’t saved himself. She needed to talk to him and sort things out. Yet, right now she didn’t want to work she wanted to spend time with her father.
Sydney hadn’t broken the news to Will that she was back yet. She didn’t know what to say or how he would take it. He must have taken it the worse, losing Francine and losing Will. Sydney wasn’t shocked that Francine was dead, Sark made sure she was kept up to date with all the horrible things going on in the world around her. She was going to break it to Will tonight… slowly.
‘Dad, um where is Will these days?’
‘I thought you wouldn’t ask, this might come to a shock to you… but, he is in hospital.’
‘Hospital what happened, is he okay?’
‘Sydney… he is in a mental hospital. After you disappeared he stopped talking to anybody and we were very concerned about him. Then when we assumed you dead, he began to hit things and throw objects against the wall in the house. He got a lot worse after the funeral, taking pills constantly and trying to walk in front of buses. We felt it was the best thing to do, we didn’t want him to end up dead as well. I am sorry Sydney… I really hope he improves now you are back. But, he might take it badly; he might take it out of you… so try not to get your hopes up too high.’
Will was in a mental hospital, and it was her fault. Sydney couldn’t take this information… Sark couldn’t have known or she would have been taken to the hospital and forced to look in the window at him suffering. She had to get to the hospital, but it would have to wait until tomorrow. Today she had her medical appointed. She would have to explain to the nurse everything that happened. If nothing else, she prayed that she wasn’t pregnant.

Back