In the Shadows

Hello everyone---

I am SOOO so I had to wait this long to update. I"ve been writing a lot but finding time to type with two jobs and full time school is sorta hard. But, this week I'm on spring break so I will be writing/typing/updating a lot hopefully. I do have one question though and this is going to sound stupid but I don't know how to PM more than one person at a time. If you could please help me because otherwise it takes me a long time. Thanks. So, obviously until someone helps me I don't have enough time to send out all the PM's. Please help....but anyway, here's two chapters for you today. Hope you enjoy them. Bethiebear86

Chapter 4:

Around 2:00 that afternoon Syd got back from her classes for the day. Walking into her apartment she realized how many things she had to do before Vaughn came over. Unpacking her backpack, she left her history stuff on the table while she put everything else in her bedroom.

For the next hour and a half she picked up miscellaneous things around her apartment even though it was spotless to begin with.

Around 3:30 Vaughn had just got home from the gym and was trying to figure out what to do til 4:30 when he was hanging out with Syd. After 10 minutes he couldn’t think of anything better to do, so he decided to call Syd early.

“Hello?”

“Hey Syd, its Vaughn. I’m bored.”

Laughing Syd says, “Well, I’m home. Why don’t you come over early?”

“Ok. I’ll leave now and be over in about 10 minutes.”

“Sounds good. See you then Vaughn.”

“Bye Syd.”

Ten minutes later, Syd hers her doorbell ring and calmly walks to the door even though she is super excited inside.

“Hey Vaughn.”

“Hi”

“Come on in.”

Walking into her apartment Vaughn stops and just looks around. “I like your apartment.”

Smiling Syd says, “Thanks. I enjoy it.”

They both make their way into her kitchen and get settled in to study. Two hours later, they have done a ton of studying and their brain was starting to hurt.

“Ok Syd, we seriously need to stop.”

“I agree. My eyes feel like they are going to fall out.”

”How about we get some pizza and watch a movie?”

“That sounds fun.”

One large pizza and a movie later, Syd was asleep on the floor and Vaughn was contemplating on what to do. Looking around he finds a blanket and covers her up. Then makes his way to the kitchen, gathers all his belongings up and writes Syd a quick note for her before quietly making his way out of the apartment.

The next thing Syd hears is the front door opening up and Francie yell to her about leaving the door unlocked. Adjusting her eyes she sees a note next to her hand. Opening it up, she reads:

Syd- You fell asleep on me and I couldn’t wake you up. You looked exhausted. Thanks for the help studying. I had an amazing time. Call me Vaughn.

She folds up the paper and notices Francie staring at her. “What are you smiling about?”

Feeling like she got caught Syd stands up and walks to the kitchen saying, “Nothing.”

Gathering up her stuff from the table, she sees something sticking out of her book. Pulling it out she sees it’s her ticket to the football game.

Chapter 5:

The exam went well for both of them and Vaughn was really excited to take Syd to her first football game. He told her to come to his house before so they could go together. The game was at seven, so she was coming around 5:30.

He was waiting for her outside because he didn’t want his friends to scare her. Looking at his cell phone he notices it’s a few minutes past 5:30 and she should be here soon. Looking left, he grows a smile on his face because there she is coming down the sidewalk looking very nervous.

He stands up and walks towards her. “Hi.:

“Hey. I feel so out of place already.”

“Don’t worry, your going to have a ball.”

They make their way up to the house and Vaughn goes up the stairs first. Then Syd fells his hand on her back and he turns her around and all his friends are sitting in the kitchen eating a large pizza.

“Syd, these are the guys. Eric, Troy, Scott, and Todd.”

“Hi” she says quietly.

Eric stands up and says, “Hey Syd. Don’t worry you’ll have a lot of fun with us.”

Smiling Syd looks at Vaughn and he tells the guys they’ll be in his room. Syd sits on Vaughn’s bed as he goes to his closet to get something.

“Vaughn, for some reason I expected your room to be messier.”

Laughing Vaughn says, “I’m not like the other guys. Sorry to disappoint you.”

“Oh. It’s not disappointing. It actually makes me like you more.” After saying that, Syd’s eyes shoot to the floor.

Vaughn just smiles and grabs a sweatshirt and says, “Ok Syd, we should go. Here’s a sweatshirt for warmth and school spirit.”

A muffled Thanks is heard while she puts it over her head.

Syd was quiet the whole walk to the stadium. Eric and Troy tried to talk to her but she only gave one word answers, so they quickly gave up trying to make conversation with her. Vaughn knew he had to say something to her so she wouldn’t be like this all night.

The first half of the game went very quickly. At halftime Vaughn said he had to go to the bathroom and Syd decided to stay back and just watch the people. After going to the bathroom, Vaughn decided to get him and Syd some food. As he was standing in line, he heard someone’s voice he hated the most.

“Hey Vaughn.”

Turning around he sees Lauren alone. Smiling at her he turns back around and starts to order. Lauren continues to stand to close to him as Vaughn collects his food and drinks. Walking over to the condiment table, Lauren beats him to the only open spot. She quickly takes the drinks from him and sets them down and quickly grabs his face and kisses him hard on the lips. Not registering right away, they stay like that til he can finally realize it’s someone he doesn’t want to kiss. Then he leaves very quickly forgetting about the drinks. As he walks away he stops when he sees Sydney standing there with tears rolling down her face.

OOOO I hate Lauren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Hopefully Syd lets him explain and he makes it up to her!! :angelic:
-Can't wait for more!!!

-Sorry but I can't help you with the PMs...cause I don't know either!! :smiley:

Back