In the Shadows

first im very very sorry that i havnt updated for a long time :blush:
i thought i would now that christmas is over. I think I will try and finish this story in about 3 more updates, because I have exams soon it will be hard for me to update. Well I hope you like this update anyways and I hope you all had a great christmas :smiley: xxxxxxxxx :angelic: helen :angelic: xxxxxxxxxx

Sydney walked down the long corridor anxious to find one of her closest friends. As she turned the corner small white cells surrounded her from both sides, as her shoes scuffed the floor she could feel the eyes of a thousand people staring at her. Sydney was afraid that Will would not even realise who she was or be too overwhelmed that she was here. It was a scary thought that because she had gone missing so many people had been hurt. Sydney became extremely nervous walking towards his cell, she could hear the moans and groans of the patients around her and knew she could not make eye contact with them, yet wanted to see them and feel sorry for them.

’Miss Bristow, right this way please.’ The sudden voice startled her; it was only the doctor taking her to Will.
’Here we are Miss Bristow, if you need anything I am just around the corner, if there is a problem here is an alarm. If he tries to attack you don’t be afraid to use any force against him. These are just safety precautions I have to tell you, Will seems very calm compared to some of our patients. I will come and get you in 30 minutes.’
The lady walked off around the corner and Sydney was left staring down at a necklace with a red button on a pendant. Surely Will, her best friend wouldn’t attack her?
‘Sydney, you are here.’
A big grin greeted her as she entered the cell. Tears sprang from her eyes, she was so glad to see Will, but terrified as she knew she would have to leave him soon.
“I knew you would come back Sydney, I knew it but they wouldn’t believe me. They said I was crazy, they cornered me and hit me and tied me up and put me here. I don’t belong here I haven’t done anything wrong.’
A whole wall of the soft padded cell contained newspaper cuttings and research that Will had obviously done into her disappearance. Was what he was saying true? Was he only assumed ‘mental’ because he believed that she was still alive?
‘How have you been Will, I have missed you so much. I don’t know what to say, but I am so sorry. I can’t tell you enough how much I am sorry.’ Sydney hugged Will, tears streaming down her face. He seemed emotionless and rigid.
‘I never gave up hope you would return and nobody believed me. I did research; you know I am good at research… like after Danny died. I knew that you couldn’t just be dead without anybody knowing. I knew it.’
‘Will, you know I can’t stay here long. But, will you tell me everything that happened and why you are here. I promise I will try and get you out. I know in my heart that you are not crazy. You are the only friend I have.’
Will took a deep breathe and sat down on the bed, Sydney sat on the floor like a little child wanting to know more.

‘The night that you disappeared, I received a phone call from Vaughn. He explained about your night and I was happy for you, I was. But, in a way I was jealous. I loved you; everyday since I’ve known you I have loved you. I listened and smiled; he told me about plans to ask to marry you the following day and I was happy for you. The next day I was waiting for you to turn up and tell me the great news, but you didn’t come. I waited for Vaughn to call me and tell me all about it, but the phone call never came. The following day I called Michael, and I could tell something was wrong I invited him round and he told me that you were missing. I said that I wanted to help find you, but they wouldn’t let me. They wanted me to ‘stay calm, stay out of it’, ‘everything was going to be okay’. It wasn’t okay, nothing was okay and despite what anybody said to me I decided to do some research of my own. I thought the best place to start was asking around people who worked near the pier, your neighbours and anybody who might have seen something. Nothing. Then I thought the next place to look into was the people you used to work for; Sloane. I found out some interesting information, that he was looking for something, a way to damage the CIA. I assumed that must have been through you. I continued my research until I was told you were dead. I wouldn’t believe it. I went to the funeral and told them you were alive; I stood there and told everybody not to give up. I thought there was no point anymore. I had nobody, nobody wanted me and my best friend was missing and presumed dead. I did some stupid things in that time, I wanted to die and see if you would return when I was dead. One morning I woke up and I was in here, I overheard that the previous night I had jumped in front of a car. I hadn’t been seriously injured, but I found out the person in the car was your dad, sorry Sydney.’

OmG....holy felgercarb! whats going on?!?!?
please update! SOON! PLEASE!
that was great!
i love how she believes him, cuase she needs too!
But i feel kinda bad for will...in and insane isilum and all!
well thanks for the PM!

Update finally. Sorry it has been a while agen. This has some cute stuff in it and it will get a lot fluffier soon :smiley:.
thank you for all your replies. :throb: xxxxx helen xxxxx :angelic:

‘Miss Bristow it is time to go now.’
‘Please, just a bit more time. Will I’ll come and see you soon I promise. I will help you.’
Sydney was pushed out the cell and returned the alarm, she ran out of the building. It was raining outside and the clouds were grumbling above her.
’Maybe I am just better dead’, thought Sydney speaking aloud to the sky.
If she had died none of this would have happened, Will would have known she was dead, somehow unknown to her, Vaughn would have forgotten about her. But now, now she was back in this world. It was as if it was a foreign country and everything had changed it seemed as if people were speaking to her in another language and that everything she had known, she had lost.
Why hadn’t her dad told her the truth? Will was her best friend… why didn’t he tell her, after everything she had been through.

Sydney got home and stumbled through the door, it was strange being in an empty house. It was an empty space wanting to be filled and it had belonged to Vaughn. It was strange opening the door and not have him standing there arms open to hug her. But then, everything was different now and it all felt like her fault.
Sydney picked up her phone and dialled her father’s number.
‘Hello’
‘Hi Dad, its Sydney’
‘Oh hello, how did the visit go with Will?’
How did her Dad know she was with Will? Somehow he always knew everything.
‘That’s what I want to talk to you about. Dad, he told me. About the car… why didn’t you tell me?’
Tears were spilling from Sydney’s eyes, the feelings of being lost and alone flooded into her heart all at once. He was her Dad, as far as she was concerned, her only family.
‘Sydney, I was going to tell you. It didn’t seem like the right time. You had just got back and we had assumed you dead. It wasn’t the right time and I was just waiting for the right moment.’
‘It is NEVER the right moment for anything for you is it? Maybe for once you should think about when the right moment for ME is?!’
‘Don’t put the phone down… I need to tell you something impor…’
Sydney slammed down the phone. She couldn’t contain her anger and she had nobody to talk to. There was no where to run to and nobody to find for a hug. Her only option was Vaughn. They weren’t on speaking terms, but this was a desperate moment.

She knew the number off by heart, didn’t even need to think about it. Her fingers stumbled on the buttons as the tears streamed down her face. She hoped that Vaughn would answer and not Lauren. She certainly couldn’t deal with Lauren poking her nose in where it wasn’t wanted right now.
‘Hello’
It was Vaughn thank you. Thank you.
‘Hello?’
‘Hi, Vaughn I am sorry to call you. I just really need somebody to talk to right now. I don’t know how much longer I can continue like this. I know we aren’t on good terms, but please.’
‘Sydney, it’s okay. Do you want to meet somewhere? I would ask you to come here but Lauren is coming home in a bit. Do you want to go to the pier for a little while and we can talk?’
‘Thank you… that would be really fantastic. Honestly I will see you there in 10 minutes.’
‘Yes, see you then.’
Sydney missed him… so much she missed him. His calm voice and sweet words, the way he breathed and spoke and she knew that seeing him would make her heart flip. Was this the right thing though? He was with Lauren and she couldn’t have him anymore.
She was bang on time, 8pm at the pier. It was beautiful at this time, the stars sprinkled over the water and the moon beaming down. This was a place she used to enjoy coming to all the time.
‘Sydney’
There he was standing in front of her, looking very concerned. Little lines in his forehead and mouth posed as if wanting to say something, but not quite finding the words.
That was when Sydney burst into tears and Michael stood there unsure what to do. Looking down at such a fragile, beautiful girl crying her eyes out made him want to cry. Then he looked out at the stars and wrapped his arms around her, trying his best to comfort her. She didn’t struggle or react. She was just completely comfortable and felt safe.

pm list

pls ask to be added, removed or whatever :smiley: xx
cute_as_candy
German Muse
sexcivaughn14
shotput25ash
chookie
IwantRome
Alias Fan Gillian
Syd26
tunita
FuzziLizzi#47
KoalaMV
Lara_Bristow
sunshine231

ahhhhh I´m fist! :D
hey that was really sweet but...................too short.... (n)
just when i wanted to read mre and more, you know you have that thing you can write and it never gets boring or so ...you just want to keep on reading and then.... it ends (n) :blink: .
o.k. i know everything has to end...well i better stop here

that was a very good - short :rolleyes: - update.
can´t wait for more
suzy

OMG!
That was when Sydney burst into tears and Michael stood there unsure what to do. Looking down at such a fragile, beautiful girl crying her eyes out made him want to cry. Then he looked out at the stars and wrapped his arms around her, trying his best to comfort her. She didn’t struggle or react. She was just completely comfortable and felt safe.
OMG, that was SO terrific! I loved it so much!
It kinda made me all *wipes eye* cuase that was jsut so terribly sad, but in an awesome way!
I loved it! Please update soon!
Thanks for the PM too, btw!

ill add you to the PM list sure :smiley:
i havnt updated this for such a long time. ill try and write an update, just been mega busy with mock exams and revision and everything.
you shall see an update soon! xx helen xx :throb:

Here is a short update, hopefully another should follow later. I'm very sorry about the long wait! hope its okay xxxx helen xxxxx :throb:

This couldn’t be right, thought Sydney. Vaughn was married and had his arms wrapped around her, protecting her from harm. Sydney felt awful, guilty and cruel, but she had nowhere else to turn. She pulled away from his warm arms and stared deep into his eyes. She wanted to lean forward and kiss him right that second, but that wasn’t fair, she couldn’t.
‘Sydney, what’s happened?’
Sydney took a deep breathe and tried to collect her thoughts from the day.
‘I went to see Will, he isn’t too good. He isn’t crazy though and doesn’t need to be in there. He just knew that I was still alive and wanted to tell everybody, yet nobody would take a second to listen to him. He wanted to die because he felt like a small object that nobody listened to and jumped in front of a car. Found out the next day it was my Fathers.’
Sydney noticed Vaughn look down and then back up at her. He seemed troubled.
‘Vaughn what is it? Please tell me.’
‘Sydney, your Father… he was the one who had Will put away. After seeing him jump in front of his own car he felt it the best thing to do. This information should come from your Father, but from your tone of voice on the phone, I am thinking that you are not on talking terms with him.’
‘We had an argument. My father put him away… how could he do that? He knows Will… Will is all I have, I am alone without him.’
Sydney stopped and broke down into tears again. Floods and floods of tears were streaming from her eyes. Vaughn looked at her, and could feel her pain, like a stab in the heart. He truly missed her, but he was with Lauren now and everything was different.
‘Sydney. Shhh it will all be okay, I promise. I cannot change the past, but if you will let me I can help you with rebuilding your future. Did your Father tell you the new information on the phone?’
‘I hung up on him. Why? What is it?’
‘Sark, he walked into the CIA office this afternoon and he will only speak with you.’
Sark… he was here. He was the enemy, yet he had helped her escape. Could he really be a nice person? Thinking about Sark brought all the memories of being kept in a cell back and all the feelings of being trapped returned.
‘Vaughn, I want to see him. Could you, maybe… um come with me?’
Sydney felt stupid asking this question, but she was afraid to see Sark alone after all that had happened.
‘Of course I will, I will just call Lauren and tell her I have to go into work, she will understand.’
Vaughn walked a little way away from Sydney and made the call to his wife. Sydney turned and looked out to sea. She remembered coming here a lot with Vaughn in the past, how they walked along in the Summer and joked and laughed, how they had come here in the winter and watch snowflakes fall. Every memory with Vaughn was a good memory, how could everything have ended up this way. Sydney was lost in her thoughts.
‘Sydney, Sydney… we could go.’
‘Sorry, I was miles away.’
Vaughn nodded, he understood and they walked to the car. There was an uncomfortable silence in the car. Sydney glanced at Vaughn and then looked out the window and then Vaughn glanced at Sydney and then concentrated on the road. When their eyes met together, the gaze was long and they both quickly looked away. As Sydney stared out the window, a small tear sprung from her eye and dribbled down her cheek. All memories were good memories, yet they were all gone now.

PM list

cute_as_candy
German Muse
sexcivaughn14
shotput25ash
chookie
IwantRome
Alias Fan Gillian
Syd26
tunita
FuzziLizzi#47
KoalaMV
Lara_Bristow
sunshine231
freckles3706

Just read the whole story and can't see why i didnt start reading this earlier. It's fantastic!!!!
Can I get a pm when you update??
Can't wait to see how Sydneys meeting wit Sark goes and if Sydney and Vuaghn are going to get back together. Also if Will gets out of the mental insitution and if Sydney and Jack will make up. So many questions!
Update soon

hi helen,
that was a surprise receiving your pm............you were like MIA :D .
i`m excited how that meeting with sark will be; looks like she´s looking farward to it. to get answers..i understand but he´s the guy abusing and torturing her, isn`t he. she doesn´t react to that fact. :thinking:
thanx for the update and looking forward to the final chapters
suzy

PM list

cute_as_candy
German Muse
sexcivaughn14
shotput25ash
chookie
IwantRome
Alias Fan Gillian
Syd26
tunita
FuzziLizzi#47
KoalaMV
Lara_Bristow
sunshine231
Alias_rocks_87

okay i promise if i dont update tonite i will tomorow. i think ill get out the post it notes agen!! sorry it was short and that i didnt post another last nite. and alias_rocks_87, ive added you to the PM list. thank you all who hav reviewed so far.
:throb: helen xxx

i_love_you_mv said:
As Sydney stared out the window, a small tear sprung from her eye and dribbled down her cheek. All memories were good memories, yet they were all gone now.
[post="1198447"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Owww man! :cry:
Now seriously is your story a Sarkney piece? :thinking:
Hey I´m open for everything, but I need a warning, k? :P
Thanks for da PMs! ;)
Btw I really read your story over again, but I´m still clueless (like always)! :blink:

Muse

Back