In the Shadows

Hello everyone!

I have been working on this fic for awhile now and have a bunch of chapters written. I really hope you all enjoy it because it was really fun to write. It's basically about Syd and Vaughn during college and how they meet and what they have to go through to be friends and more. Weiss, Francie and Will are all in here and I might add more. Please let me know how you like it. This is my first fic on allalias...so I may be asking a lot of questions about how to do different things. :D Well...here is the first chapter!

Chapter 1:

For a majority of Sydney’s life she has never been a very popular girl or someone people wanted to hang out with. She is just naturally shy. When Sydney got accepted to UCLA, she was very excited, but also very nervous because she would be leaving her safe zone. Her house and family.

Now almost a year and a half after her high school graduation, Sydney is about to start her second year of college. Last year she got placed with an amazing roommate, Francie. She was very accepting of Sydney being so shy.

Both Sydney and Francie agreed to room together again this year and Sydney was very thankful because she didn’t want to have to go through the process of getting to know someone else. She enjoyed Francie’s company and had fun with her. The only thing about her that bothered Sydney was Francie’s constant nagging about her getting out more, finding friends, and just having fun. But, Sydney just couldn’t do it. She enjoyed reading and hanging out with people she was close with. She didn’t need a lot of friends and loud parties to have fun.

Sydney’s first class of the fall semester was her history class. She had to take this class in order to graduate and wasn’t looking forward to it at all. In every class, Sydney tries to sit in the same seat, left side of the lecture hall and six rows back from the front. As she is sitting there she notices this boy sitting two rows ahead of her and towards the middle. She would never imagine talking to him because he had about seven or eight people around him laughing at something he just said. That was just to many people for her, but something about him made her want to keep looking at him. Maybe it was the brownish/blond hair or the green eyes.

Weeks went by when all Sydney did was look at him every once in awhile. Nothing to long because she didn’t want to get caught. Sometimes she would see him out of class but he was always with other people.

Vaughn loves college. The best decision he has ever made was to attend UCLA. He has tons of friends and his frat keeps him busy. This semester he will be starting his third year at UCLA. Even though he has loved his previous years, he still feels something was missing.

On the first day of classes, Vaughn gets to his history class early because most of his frat brothers are in class with him. Walking in he sees Eric, Troy, Charlie and Scott sitting down front and makes his way to them. About ten minutes later he notices a girl a couple of rows away. All he can think about is how beautiful she is. No girl has ever had this much impact on him and he doesn’t even know her.

Over the next few weeks Vaughn always notices her sitting in the same seat alone. Sometimes he’ll see her walking into the library, but she’s always alone.

Very cute fic. I hope Vaughn and Sydney get together soon. Can I get a pm when you update, please? Thanks! Look forward to reading more! (y)

I like it :smiley: Really :D
Vaughn should go and talk to her. And I think that he will...
Could you add me to PM list. Thanks in advance.
Ally

Ok so I figured I would add Chapter 2 now so you guys can know more about the story. I really hope you like it. I'm going to attempt to do PM's so don't kill me if they don't work. hee hee. let me know if you get them.

Chapter 2:

For the next three months they both kept noticing each other. Sometimes when Sydney would be looking over at him, he would turn his head towards her and they would make eye contact but Syd would turn her head away within several seconds. This went on for weeks on end and soon Vaughn couldn’t take it anymore. He needed to meet this girl because his feelings for her kept growing stronger.

On Monday morning, Sydney walks into her history class and makes her way to her seat, like she does every class, but as she gets down the stairs, she notices that someone is sitting in her seat. No one has ever sat in her seat before. Not knowing what to do she makes her way to the row ahead of him and sits in the seat in front of him. After she gets her notebook and pen out, she looks over to his normal seat and his friends are still over there talking like nothing is out of the ordinary.

When Vaughn notices her walking to the seat in front of him he has to laugh at himself because he can tell she doesn’t want to have a conversation. Vaughn lightly taps her on the shoulder and waits for her to move. As she turns around he clears his throat---

“Hey”

“Umm…hi”

“I’m Michael Vaughn and I’ve seen you sitting here alone for the past few months and I wanted to just introduce myself.”

Not knowing what to say Syd looks over at his friends again and they are still just talking. “My name is Sydney. It was very nice of you to do that, but don’t you want to go hang out with your friends over there?

Looking over on the other side of the lecture hall, Vaughn shakes his head and says, “Nah, I think they can deal without me for awhile.”

“Oh, ok”

After a slightly awkward silence, Sydney notices him packing up his bag and she thinks her shy personality has scared him away but then he jumps over the seat and sits next to her.

“So, how do you like this class?” he asks.

“Well, honestly, it’s a huge bore and just a lot of reading.”

“Yeah, I can agree with you on that. I’m just taking it because it’s required.”

Syd looks over at him and says, “Yeah, I have to take it for that reason too. Who would have thought a business major would need to learn about World War I so much.”

Laughing slightly Vaughn says, “Yeah, I’m pre-med and never going to need this stuff ever again.”

The lecture carried on normally and afterward Vaughn looks over at Syd and says, “Would you like to go get a sub with me for lunch?”

Syd has never been asked out to lunch by a boy, but surprisingly she says, “Sure.”

On the way out, they luckily miss his other friends. She still doesn’t know Vaughn well enough to meet all his friends. As they walk up to the cafeteria, Vaughn opens the door for her and they enter.

Vaughn tells Syd to go find a table and he would take care of the food. As Syd was waiting for Vaughn to come back, it was finally hitting her that she was talking to someone outside of her comfort zone and she was actually enjoying herself.

She notices Vaughn is the next person at the check-out counter and watches him pay for their meal. When he’s done he looks around for her and sees her and starts to walk towards her. When he is half way to her, he is stopped by a bunch of his friends.

“Hey, how come you left so quickly from lecture?”

Looking over at Sydney he says, “Well, Syd and I are having lunch together.”

Eric looks over at her and says, “Oh ok. Have fun and we’ll catch up later. I wanna know more about her.”

When the boys were about to leave, they all hear Vaughn’s name being called from the opposite side of the cafeteria. Turning around they see a gang of girls coming towards them. Vaughn tries to avoid them so he doesn’t get stuck talking to them but he isn’t quick enough to leave. Alice, Lauren, Missy and Sarah all walk up to them and Lauren goes right up to Vaughn and starts to talk to him and of course has to touch his arm constantly.

From a few tables away, Syd is still sitting there and is watching the whole scene. She thought it would be ok when he was just talking to his guy friends but now the girls came and one girl in particular is all over Vaughn. She doesn’t look like she’s going to let him get away. After five minutes of sitting there alone, the girls are still talking to Vaughn and Syd decides that it was the wrong decision to say yes because he obviously likes his other friends more and has completely forgotten about her. She quickly gathers all of her stuff and walks quietly out of the cafeteria.

Vaughn is trying to show Eric that he needs to leave when Lauren’s flirting gets to much. When Vaughn looks over to where Syd was sitting, he finds the table empty and her no where in the cafeteria. Disappointed, he turns to Lauren and says, “Lauren you know we are over with. Our relationship ended a month ago and I told you to stop flirting with me. It’s not going to change how I feel for you.”

Looking shocked she says, “But, Vaughn, you know-“

“No don’t even say anything. You just ruined it and I hate you for that.”

Vaughn puts the subs in his backpack and runs out of the cafeteria to try and find Syd. He doesn’t know where to look at first, but then he remembers she is always in the library when he sees her outside of class.

Sydney ran out of the cafeteria as fast as she could. How could she trust him to actually want to eat with her? He was just trying to be nice but that didn’t even happen. He ruined it all. God, she was stupid to think he would be different than the way he acted. She makes her way into the library to her isle on the top floor all the way in the back corner. She hits the wall with a lot of force and just falls to the floor crying. Never again would she accept an invitation like that. As she sits there, she begins to wonder why she is crying over him so much. Did she really like him?

Vaughn looks on all two floors of the library and still hasn’t found her, so he quickly makes his way to the third floor. Confused as to where to look first, he makes his way to the back to start with. When he gets to the back corner he hears someone sniffling. Hoping its Syd, he looks through the stack of books and notices it’s her. He instantly goes to the wall and tries to talk to her.

“Syd…why…”

Looking up with her tear stained eyes she says, “Please leave me alone.”

“But we were supposed to have lunch together.”

”Yeah, well you seemed pretty preoccupied with your other friends.”

Shaking his head he sits next to her and says, “Syd, it might have looked like that, but it wasn’t. They were some friends from my frat.”

”No, I understand that, but then the girls came and you made no move to leave, so I figured you forgot about me and I didn’t want to sit alone and look like an idiot.”

“Syd, trust me, I tried to leave. The girl that was near me, is an ex girlfriend. She is still trying to show everyone that we’re still together but we aren’t trust me. Worst time of my life. Please, Syd, you have to believe me. I wanted to get away I really did. I’m sorry.”

Looking into his eyes, she can tell he’s telling the truth, “I guess it’s ok. I just don’t trust many people, I’m to shy and it was a big step to accept your lunch invitation.”

Smiling Vaughn says, “Well, I’m glad you did because I have wanted to ask you for awhile.”

Wiping her tears away, she says, “I’m sorry I ruined it though.”

Taking his hand and wiping her other eye he says, “Don’t worry about it. We can eat right here. I figured you would be hungry.” Pulling his backpack by him, he opens it and takes out two subs.

Sydney just looks over at Vaughn and the only thing she can do is smile because she now knows he is better than any other guy she has ever met.

Yey, Vaughn made a move :D Hope they will start to hung around.
I don't like Loren but that's nothing new :P
Thanks for PM

im really likein this could i get a pm

ps of course vaughn is different to other guys hes VAUGHN

but ewwwww lauren calls him vaughn
only syd can do that

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :love: It's so cute!!

I love it when Vaughn helps Syddie out... ^_^

Please PM me when you post more!!

Love JuJu :harp:

Hello Everyone---

Here is Chapter #3. I have more written but I work tonight, so this will probably be the only update today but most likely I'll give you two or three chapter tomorrow. Please let me know what you think. Bethiebear86

Chapter 3:

After lunch that day, Sydney and Vaughn hung out in the library and continued to chat until Sydney had to go to her next class and Vaughn promised to sit with her in their next history class.

On Wednesday, Sydney got to history class early so she could read the chapter for that day’s lecture and as she walked into class she grew a huge smile on her face because she knew she would see Vaughn today.

Five minutes before class was supposed to start Vaughn still hadn’t show up and Syd looked over at his friends and they were all there except for Vaughn. Sighing out loud, Syd opens her notebook and prepares for class when she feels two hands cover her eyes. Smiling she hears, “Guess who?”

“Well, since I only have two good friends besides you, and they both are in different classes, I’m going to guess Vaughn.”

Vaughn takes his hands away and sits next to her. “Hi”

“Hey. Running late today?”

“No, I was outside the classroom talking to my mom.”

“Oh, ok. I was afraid you were skipping class on me.”

50 minutes later, lecture was over and Syd and Vaughn were making their way to the cafeteria for another shot at lunch.

“Vaughn, when are you going to study for your history exam that’s on Friday?”

Vaughn looks over at her and stops walking, “Since when did we have an exam on Friday?”

Laughing slightly, Syd replies, “Umm, forever.”

Chuckling Vaughn says, “Well, now that I know, probably tonight and tomorrow because I don’t have any classes. When are you?”

“Well, probably tonight and tomorrow night.”

Opening to door to the cafeteria Vaughn asks, “Want to study together?”

Looking over at him, she says, “Um sure, but can we please study at my apartment? Your frat house is loud. I’ve walked by it before.”

Smiling at her comment, he says, “Sure, I’ll call you before I come over but it’ll probably be around 4:30.”

“Ok, I’ll get lunch today.”

Looking for a table, he spots one near the window and makes his way towards it, until he sees Lauren and Sarah sitting close to it and he decides to wait for a different table to open up, not wanting anymore drama.

Syd pays for the subs and looks around for Vaughn when she sees he hasn’t found a table. So, she puts the tray down and shoves the subs into her purse and walks towards Vaughn.

“Come on, let’s go.”

Confused, Vaughn just follows her out of the cafeteria towards the library.

“This is why the library is nice, no one is ever here.”

Smiling Vaughn just goes upstairs behind her. Making there way to “Syd’s corner” they sit down and begin eating. Halfway through lunch, Vaughn puts down his sub and turns to Syd and asks, “Syd, Friday night, some of my friends and I are going to the football game. Wanna come with?”

Setting her sub down and wiping her mouth, she swallows and says, “Um, I’m not doing anything but I don’t know.”

”Oh come on Syd, it will be fun and I’ll be there.”

“Ok. But, I don’t have a ticket for the game.”

“Well, I think my friend Scott is going home for the weekend, so maybe you can steal his ticket.”

Smiling Syd says, “Ok. Well, I better get going, I have to go to my class. I’ll see you tonight.”

“Bye Syd”

“Syd, Friday night, some of my friends and I are going to the football game. Wanna come with?”

Setting her sub down and wiping her mouth, she swallows and says, “Um, I’m not doing anything but I don’t know.”

”Oh come on Syd, it will be fun and I’ll be there.”

“Ok. But, I don’t have a ticket for the game.”

“Well, I think my friend Scott is going home for the weekend, so maybe you can steal his ticket.”
She shoul steal it . Absolutly :P But I hope his friend would be nice (Eric :angelic: )
And they will study together. Nice.
Thanks for PM

Back