Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, marriage doesn't "automatically" change your last name (for the wife). You have to apply for a new social security card with the new name and same with drivers license. You also can leave it as it is before the marriage. It's a choice, not a given.

My guess would be that she would keep her screen name as JG and her legal name as JA. She can do both.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have some "legal" rights to a screen/stage name? I thought I remember somewhere when divorces go thru, that the rights to keeping a name is an option. For instance, if an unknown woman marries, takes her new husbands name, becomes famous, then divorces, she can ask to keep the legal name & rights that go with it in the divorce. Sort of like "earning power". But I may be wrong, too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have some "legal" rights to a screen/stage name? I thought I remember somewhere when divorces go thru, that the rights to keeping a name is an option. For instance, if an unknown woman marries, takes her new husbands name, becomes famous, then divorces, she can ask to keep the legal name & rights that go with it in the divorce. Sort of like "earning power". But I may be wrong, too.

I think that they can keep that name forever. Here are a couple of examples of ladies who kept their married names even after they were divorced....

Faith Hill (she was married to Dan Hill)

Cheryl Ladd (she was married to David Ladd)

On another subject...

Wonder if Ben is in morning today????? One of his beloved Red Sox's (Johnny Damin) jumped ship and went to the enemy New York Yankees. I bet that name will be forbidden in the house of Affleck! So much for loyality!

Yeah Johnny Damon, he lost a few of his fans with going over there. He's gonna get as many boos of Roger Clemens when he went there.

Yeah, Garner, can always be her professional name, because thats whom she's known as, and Jennifer Affleck can be her legal name. Not really a big deal. And guh, so cool. :blush:

Wonder if Ben is in morning today????? One of his beloved Red Sox's (Johnny Damin) jumped ship and went to the enemy New York Yankees. I bet that name will be forbidden in the house of Affleck! So much for loyality!
so that's why my friends away message is 'burn in hell damon'.... (she's a HUGE red sox fan)
bummer...

oh my... i really hope Jen keeps her name, for some reason Jennifer Affleck doesn't go very well for me :blink: besides, her last name is so much nicer then his :P :lol:

I doubt she will change her stage name...she'll always stay Jennifer Garner...she was married to Scott Foley, she still went by Jennifer Garner...she didn't change her name...and I doubt she'll do the same with Ben. Legally, I would think she would change her name, just because its old-fashioned, and Jen just seems like she would do that. So I think legally, she's Jennifer Affleck, but to us, she's Jennifer Garner.

I think that they can keep that name forever. Here are a couple of examples of ladies who kept their married names even after they were divorced....

Faith Hill (she was married to Dan Hill)

Cheryl Ladd (she was married to David Ladd)

I know I'm late to the party, but just FYI- when you file for divorce, you have to specifically ask in the petition for your maiden name to be restored. If you don't, you keep the married name.

I used to clerk for a judge who, if the person forgot to ask for it in the petition or at the hearing, wouldn't let them change it back later. She was a real sweet lady, that one. :D

Oh.My.God.

:blink:

Jennifer Affleck.

I :love: Jennifer Affleck.

The nominees are: Jennifer Affleck...

Sydney Bristow....Jennifer Affleck

Mrs Affleck.

:confused:

Does not sound good to me. :thinking:

But, it's her life. :P

I think that it sounds just fine....I mean Jennifer Affleck is tons better than most names out there....but I just think she has become way too famous to change her name now. Even though, people would immeditaly make the connection...she'll still stick with Jennifer Garner

Ben must be ticked about the boston trade....Jennifer Affleck if she changes it, it will only make me respect her more....shes confident in her future with him...why not make it official....i hated Ben for the longest time....i have no idea why i had a change of heart lol

Tonight's Access Hollywood showed Jen's "Go Fish" scene and talked about Jen getting recognition for her small part in Catch Me If You Can. Then they talked about her leading role in Catch and Release. They showed the clip of Jen sitting in the bath as 'Fritz' and the girl are making out. They also showed the 'dinner' confessions about being able to stick her fist in her mouth and making out with a girl. This clip included Kevin Smith's shocked reaction! :D

My parents were watching it and they yelled at me to come in there...so I got to see it...it was just clips from the trailer....so if you've seen the trailer, you've seen everything on AH

"I'm afraid mothers will think that it's the best, safest stroller because Jen is using it when, in reality, it's the one closest to the door when she walks out of the house."

Teehee, now I get the mental image of Jen going, "Hmm, alright, Violet's wearing purple today... The purple stroller then! Let's go, Ben!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back