Memories of You and Me

ok, a little more for you all, it may be broken up again, sorry in advance
-----------------------------------

Vaughn POV

I remembered the kiss like it was yesterday. Looking back on it I could feel her lips on mine, her tongue in my mouth, her fingers in my hair. It was the best day of my life, and the day my life changed forever.

~Flashback~

After that night, we knew there was nothing keeping us apart. Sloane was gone. SD-6 was gone. All the danger was gone. I continued to work for the CIA, but Sydney quit as soon as possible, just as I knew she would. That job had been hell for her and this way, we could do anything we wanted together wihout the word protocol ringing in our ears.

So we dated, a lot. We saw each other every night. And everytime we saw each other it wasn't just a kiss on the cheek or a peck on the lips. It was long and passionate. But what can I say? We were in love. Yes, we had only formally dated for about a month, but we had loved each other all along.

So one night I took her to a fancy French restaurant for dinner. The lighting was dim and the table was only visible by the candle with wax running down the side. A single red rose stood in a vase of water on the table.

"Vaughn, this is beautiful," she said with sparkling eyes.

"Not as beautiful as you. Nothing is as beautiful as you," I said causing her to blush.

Then a waiter came and poured red wine into our glasses and I heard a violin playing in the background.

"I love you," said Sydney as she looked back up at me.

"I'm glad you feel that way because I have something to say to you," I said. "Vous êtes mon coeur, mon âme, mon monde entier. Vous êtes mes pensées, mes rêves, mes espoirs. Vous êtes ma raison pour respirer. Vous êtes ma raison pour habiter. Vous êtes mon tout--You are my heart, my soul, my whole world. You are my thoughts, my dreams, my hopes. You are my reason to breathe. You are my reason to live. You are my everything. Sydney, what I'm trying to say is that I love you. Will you marry me?"

I pulled a small black velvet box out of my pocket and opened it to reveal a sparkling diamond ring. Sydney's eyes filled with tears as she said, "Nothing in the world would make me happier." I slipped the ring on her finger and we shared a kiss unlike any other.

----------------------------
ok, more later!

thanks for your responses guys! i'll give out the PM's when the new chapter is up and that might be tonight, not sure though!

ok, here is the next part for you, and i just need to say that Mandy nominated it for the AU contest so thanks Mandy! love ya! Love my readers to! enjoy!
-------------------------------

Vaughn POV

Even though it was more than four years ago, I remembered that kiss. The best kiss of my life. I was going to marry Sydney Bristow. I was marrying the person that I wanted more than anything in the world. Life was perfect. She was perfect.

I look back now and I remember her kisses. Hers were like no others. I had kissed other women, but Sydney was the only one that could kiss you and make your legs feel like they were giving out. You felt like you were falling down an elevator shaft and you were scared to death, but at the same time you never wanted it to end. It was the most amazing feeling on earth.

But as I have learned over the course of my life, no matter how bad you never want the good things to end, they always do. And sometimes it's at an amazing and surprisingly quick halt.

~Flashback~

Sydney and I had been engaged for three months, and it was the most loving and close time of our lives. We grew closer and grew to love each other even more, if that was even possible. We were always holding hands and going for long walks arund the park at sunset while talking through wedding plans, not to mention the plans for the honeymoon.

That was something I was especially looking forward to. I could finally show her how much I loved her rather than just telling her. Yes, I wanted more than anything to make love to her, not only because she was beautiful, but because I loved her. I really truely, deeply loved her more than anyone. The unfortunate truth was that I never got a chance to...

After Sydney quit the CIA, she had never had a chance to or had even wanted to go back to that builing, until she was suddenly called in by Kendall one day in the fall. She came to the CIA with me that day, where she, Kendall, Jack, and myself went straight to the debrief room for a private meeting.

"What's this all about?" asked Sydney suspiciously.

"I have called you here Miss Bristow, because your life is in grave danger," replied Kendall, who even looked a little worried.

I could see on Sydney's face that she was scared to hear what he was about to say so I grabbed her hand under the table and stroked her thumb reassuringly. But the truth was that I was more scared than she was, probably even more, and holding her hand was actually a comfort to me.

"What kind of danger?" she gulped.

"Sydney, we know that after the destruction of SD-6, we thought that you were safe and that Sloane was dead. But we have just received photographs from an airport in Spain, and they proved that Sloane is alive. He was boarding flight 196 to LA. This was last night, so he hasn't had time to get here yet but he will be back in LA by tonight."

"This can't be happening..." I breathed in disbelief.

"But- I mean how? But we saw...What does this mean? What do we do?" Sydney stuttered out, not even trying to cover the fear in her voice.

I knew what would happen, I could feel it in my gut and I hated it. Sydney would be in the CIA again. We would be in danger if we were seen together again. And things would go back to the way they were before. Little did I know, that what would happen, would be worse that what I could ever imagine...

------------------------
please review!sorry i had to break it up again! hopefully my computer will work right soon!

Back