Restoring A Family

aliasobsessed89 said:
OMG do you really live on sesame street?! that's so cool!

And yeah I'll add ya to the list ;)
[post="1443159"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:thinking: well... :thinking: hmmm... yeah... it's me cookiemonster :hi:

:blush:

Thanks for adding me to the PM list... and please hurry with that new update... I had to catch up with everything and now I'm all excited to find out more about Anna...

Please give us a nice Anna/Sydney moment... something like Anna is sleeping in bed and a nice Sydney POV watching her sleep works just fine with me :P

:angelic:

ahhhhhhhh i just read the whole thing and i have one smiley:

:thud:

sorry to be so short, but i really have to go

please PM me and update soon!

luv juju :harp:

^_^

JUJU! You were up... LATE?! *faints* I mean... TEN THIRTY?!

:P

P.S. read the PM that says "you've been waiting for this"

Sorry it took me so long to reply. :blush: I was away and only just caught up on everything. Those chapters were great and now I think I'm going to find myself some ice-cream and some chicken! :lol:
Thanks for the PMs and UPDATE soon. :P

YAYness new readers tee hee hee, and all is good hawkeye ;) at least you reviewed! :D

MMMMM ice cream and chicken 🤤

And the next chap is... well nto written, but i swear im going to TRY to write today! I was going to write yesterday but SOMEONE's fic *coughcookiemonstercough* kept distracting me. Then i had a play to go to with a friend. Then i was reading A Christmas Wish till 3 AM :angelic:

But i swear i'm going to work on it today!

aliasobsessed89 said:
YAYness new readers tee hee hee, and all is good hawkeye ;) at least you reviewed! :D

MMMMM ice cream and chicken 🤤

And the next chap is... well nto written, but i swear im going to TRY to write today! I was going to write yesterday but SOMEONE's fic *coughcookiemonstercough* kept distracting me. Then i had a play to go to with a friend. Then i was reading A Christmas Wish till 3 AM :angelic:

But i swear i'm going to work on it today!
[post="1446817"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah right... blame the cookiemonster ^_^

Sydney scanned the pale purple walls with the ivy trim along the top. It was exactly as she has imagined it. Exactly as she had told Vaughn she wanted over five years ago. The lace drapes were drawn open letting the light flood into Anna’s room. The rocking chair Sydney could remember sitting in when she was pregnant, was placed by the window an over flowing bookshelf right next to it.

“Daddy had me clean up for you.” Anna said proudly with a grin.

“It’s beautiful Anna.” Sydney said looking down with a smile before focusing her attention back to scanning the room.

A picture placed by the window, right above the rocking chair suddenly caught Sydney’s attention. It showed her outside the house just over five years ago. Beaming as she sat on the front steps of the house.

“Come on Syd, take a picture!”

“Why?” Sydney asked with a laugh as she took a seat on the front steps of the house.

“Because. You look so beautiful right now.”

“Vaughn I just spent the day moving in, I don’t look beautiful!”

“You’re right. You look gorgeous.”

Sydney looked down blushing slightly as Vaughn held up the camera with a pleading smile on his lips.

“Fiiiine.” She gave in smoothing her hair a bit before placing a hand on her small bump and smiling for the camera.

“Amazing.” Vaughn mumbled as he took two pictures of her.

“Amazed by a camera Vaughn? You really don’t pay attention to the things Marshall comes up with if that amazes you.” Sydney teased walking over putting he arms around his waist.

“I’m amazed by you.” He said kissing her shoulder

Sydney couldn’t hold back her smile. This was no doubt on of the best days in a series of amazing days over the past few months.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooo

“Cheese or mushroom?” Vaughn asked Anna only to get her reaction.

“EWWWWW Who would eat MUSHROOM?!” She said crinkling her nose.

“I like mushroom actually.” Sydney said taking a piece and taking a huge bite before realizing how hot it was and having to force it down her throat as he eyes began to tear.

“Need some water Syd.” Vaughn asked between laughs and Anna just giggled coving her mouth.

“It is very good though… as long as it isn’t too hot.” She said ater gulping some ice water.

Anna gave the mushroom pizza a skeptical glance.

“Try it?” Sydney asked with a light smile.

Anna sighed, “Okay, but it better not be too hot.”

Sydney’s smiled widened as she blew sufficiently on the piece before holding it out for Anna to take a bite of.

Anna took the smallest bite possible not even getting a piece of mushroom and immediately spit the piece out.

“EWWWWWWW. Yucky!”

Sydney and Vaughn both held back smiles.

“Oh well more for us.” Vaughn said grabbing a piece.

Anna started to rattle off random stories from school as Sydney and Vaughn’s eyes connected across the table. The old spark was still there. Even after five years of being apart neither one could love the other any more. Sydney smiled lightly to Vaughn who returned her smile until Anna finally broke them out of their daydream with her question.

“Are either of you listening!?” She asked slightly annoyed at the only response she was getting had been grunts from Sydney and Vaughn.

“Of course.” Sydney said smiling down at Anna and taking a sip of her water.

“We got it, Suzie, Doll, Mrs. Green. I was listening.” Vaughn said recalling random words he had picked out.

“That was like ten minutes ago Daddy!”

“She was talking about parents day next month. And she was asking you to take of work again.” Sydney said showing she had been listening... slightly.

“Oh…” Vaughn said slightly embarrassed having been caught zoning out. “Of course I will sweetie. I’ll make sure Grandpa knows I won’t be there.”

“Good! We’re going to have our art hanging up and everything!” Anna said taking the last bite of her pizza.

“Okay,” Vaughn said standing up, “bath time.”

“I’ll clean up.” Sydney offered standing up as well.

“I can get it later Syd.”

“No it’s fine.”

Vaughn nodded then followed Anna upstairs as Sydney cleaned up.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooo

“We haven’t been able to do this in so long.” Vaughn whispered into Sydney’s ear.

“We laid on the couch at the safe house all the time.” Sydney said rubbing Vaughn’s arm which was wrapped around her waist.

“Yeah but you always felt so uncomfortable.”

“Well I can’t help it if knowing people are watching bothers me.”

Vaughn smiled, “I understand Syd. I just missed us.”

Sydney sighed happily, “I missed us too.”

“I missed something else too.”

“And what would that be?”

“Well I’ll give you one hint. It’s something else you wouldn’t do at the safe house.”

“Hmmmmm.” Sydney said with a mischievous smile kissing Vaughn’s shoulder before he stood up and easily picked her up heading upstairs just as lightening flashed lighting up the dark living room.

ooooo

They had barely gotten upstairs when thunder practically shook the house and a high pitch scream emitted from Anna’s bedroom down the hall.

Vaughn sighed, “Anna, it’s okay!” He called praying she wouldn’t decide she wanted to sleep in the room with him tonight. But seconds later he could hear her racing down the hallway. She pushed the door open quickly asking something about why he closed his door but both her question and tears stopped when she saw Sydney sitting next to her father in bed. She quickly turned and raced back down the hall.

“I got her. Don’t move a muscle.” Vaughn said quickly kissing Sydney and pulling his shirt back on.

“Shhhh baby girl, shhhhhh.” Vaughn cooed as he gently rocked his almost 6 month daughter back and forth in his arms. Anna’s cries finally started to slow down and after a minute she had officially worn herself out and Vaughn was able to place her down in her crib.

“Your mom would have loved this. I think in a way she looked forward to a baby waking her up at 3AM instead of her cell phone.” He said quietly sitting down leaning his back against the bars of the crib as he looked around the lavender nursery he had only finished 2 weeks ago.

“Your mom wanted your room to look just like this Anna-Rose. But you were such a shock we weren’t able to actually paint the room before you were born.” Vaughn sighed casting a glance to one of the many Sydney pictures in the room. “She had picked out the paints, the furniture and everything. She would sit by the window in your rocking chair for hours. I would come home and catch her singing. I think it was to you, but she wouldn’t admit it.”

Vaughn looked back at Anna who was now sleeping soundly and he stood up touching his daughter’s head softly before sighing and walking quietly out of the room. He had told Anna constant stories about her mom, not that she could understand them yet, but he knew one day she would. And he would talk about Sydney every night so she would live on though Anna and though his stories.

“You okay sweet pea?” Vaughn asked as he walked into Anna’s room where she was sitting in the rocker, which she had dragged away from the window.

“No.” Anna answered curtly.

“The thunder bothering you?”

“No.” She said crossing her arms.

“Then what’s wrong Anna?” Vaughn asked having a sinking feeling that he already knew the answer.

“Her.”

“We told you she was coming home today Anna.” Vaughn said kneeling in front of his daughter.

“Yeah… but…”

“But what Anna?”

“I don’t want her here. I don’t like her.”

“Anna, she’s your mother.”

“No! My mom is dead and she can’t just come back and take you away! It’s not fair!”

“Anna calm down.” Vaughn said touching her shoulder.

“No! It’s not fair! It’s supposed to be just you and me! You said so!”

Vaughn sighed, “Sweetie you were getting along fine-”

“I hate her daddy! I hate her!” Anna screamed tears welling up in her eyes, as Vaughn got increasingly frustrated.

“You know we don’t hate people Anna, I don’t like you saying that.” He said sternly and for the first time with his daughter he struggled to keep from getting mad and yelling.

Sydney, who was standing outside in the hall listening to Anna and Vaughn; sighed silently making her way back to the bedroom. She had known this was too soon; she should have stayed at the safe house or with Nadia.

Sydney walked into the bedroom quickly shoving a few things back into her bag before Vaughn appeared looking at the bag then to her. “Syd, what’s going on?” He asked nervously.

“She’s not ready for me to be here Vaughn.”

“She’ll learn to live with it.” He said touching Sydney’s shoulder and she smiled reassuringly back to him.

“We both know pushing her won’t help.” Sydney said hoping how disappointed she was didn’t show though to Vaughn.

He sighed taking her hand, “I really don’t want you to go.”

“But you understand.” She finished for him picking up her bag.

“Where are you going to go?”

“I don’t know. I can’t bother Nadia and Weiss so late. Maybe just a hotel for tonight.”

“Syd…”

“I’ll be fine. I’ll call in the morning.” She said going to kiss his cheek but he moved his face so she hit his lips.

She almost started to drop her bag as he snaked a hand around her waist but she stepped back. “I love you.”

He sighed, “I love you too Syd.”

Sydney went outside taking Vaughn’s car she drove down the road, at first aiming for no where in particular. But then it hit her where she had to go. Her fathers.

Walking up the familiar path of her childhood home Sydney took a deep breath praying Jack wasn’t already asleep. But judging by the light on the living room she guessed he was still up doing some kind of work.

She hadn’t called due to cell phone problems so Sydney could only hope her father wouldn’t mind her staying there for… Well she didn’t know how long. She had told Vaughn how ever long it takes. Which she prayed wouldn’t be when Anna is off to college.

Sydney rang the doorbell; it sounded exactly as it had all her life. Her father wasn’t one to change many things, which was one reason he was still in the same house, with the same flowers out front, and she guessed the inside was still identical to the last time she was there.

“Sydney?” Jack said perplexed opening the door.

“Hey dad.” She said giving a small smile holding back tears.

A/N- Please review, and if you have time, i love quotes ;)

EDIT: sorry if anyone got two PM's or didn't get one, I'm and idiot and that plus an error message make ughness. (yes ughness is a word :P )

aww poor syd!
i hope that Anne can come to terms with syd being there and learn to love her as much as everyone else does!
in a way i feel bad for Anne she has had her dad all to herself all this timeonly to hav to share him with someone else!

i really hope Anne and syd are able to have a mother daughter bond that syd never had when growing up!

thanks for the PM :D

sorry dont have time for wutes. I really liked it but i must admit tat I was shocked by Anna's outburst, they seemed tob e getting along great and then this happenned. I thought that she had met Syd loads of times, maybe I am getting th et ime scale all wrong and anna's reaction is more understandable.

thank you for the pm and for the update

I really liked it but i must admit tat I was shocked by Anna's outburst, they seemed tob e getting along great and then this happenned. I thought that she had met Syd loads of times, maybe I am getting th et ime scale all wrong and anna's reaction is more understandable.

Yes Anna and Sydney had been meeting through out the month, but remembr Anna has had only her dad there her whole life. And even if she was told Sydney was coming there little chance she actually grasped the situation. So when she went into her fathers room seeking comfort and she found somthing new, well it just threw her off even more. And remembr she doesnt want things to change, its always been her and daddy and over like 35 days or so suddenly it like daddy has a girlfriend who's also trying to be her mother.

Does that explain it more?

Great update I really hope Anna will come around soon hopefully before college. I understand that it's hard for her but I hope she realize that Syd loves her as much as Vaughn does. I loved the flash back that Vaughn that she was beautiful but then changed his mind to gorgeous. Can't wait for more thanks for the TWO PMs :D

Awwwwwwwwwww....poor Sydney. :(
Vaughn sighed, “Sweetie you were getting along fine-”

“I hate her daddy! I hate her!” Anna screamed tears welling up in her eyes, as Vaughn got increasingly frustrated.

“You know we don’t hate people Anna, I don’t like you saying that.” He said sternly and for the first time with his daughter he struggled to keep from getting mad and yelling.

Sydney, who was standing outside in the hall listening to Anna and Vaughn; sighed silently making her way back to the bedroom. She had known this was too soon; she should have stayed at the safe house or with Nadia.

Sydney walked into the bedroom quickly shoving a few things back into her bag before Vaughn appeared looking at the bag then to her. “Syd, what’s going on?” He asked nervously.

“She’s not ready for me to be here Vaughn.”

“She’ll learn to live with it.” He said touching Sydney’s shoulder and she smiled reassuringly back to him.

“We both know pushing her won’t help.” Sydney said hoping how disappointed she was didn’t show though to Vaughn.

He sighed taking her hand, “I really don’t want you to go.”

“But you understand.” She finished for him picking up her bag.

“Where are you going to go?”

“I don’t know. I can’t bother Nadia and Weiss so late. Maybe just a hotel for tonight.”

“Syd…”

“I’ll be fine. I’ll call in the morning.” She said going to kiss his cheek but he moved his face so she hit his lips.

She almost started to drop her bag as he snaked a hand around her waist but she stepped back. “I love you.”

He sighed, “I love you too Syd.”

Sydney went outside taking Vaughn’s car she drove down the road, at first aiming for no where in particular. But then it hit her where she had to go. Her fathers.

Walking up the familiar path of her childhood home Sydney took a deep breath praying Jack wasn’t already asleep. But judging by the light on the living room she guessed he was still up doing some kind of work.

She hadn’t called due to cell phone problems so Sydney could only hope her father wouldn’t mind her staying there for… Well she didn’t know how long. She had told Vaughn how ever long it takes. Which she prayed wouldn’t be when Anna is off to college.

Sydney rang the doorbell; it sounded exactly as it had all her life. Her father wasn’t one to change many things, which was one reason he was still in the same house, with the same flowers out front, and she guessed the inside was still identical to the last time she was there.

“Sydney?” Jack said perplexed opening the door.

“Hey dad.” She said giving a small smile holding back tears.
That was so sad that Sydney could hear her own daughter say she hated her.
:cry:
I hope Anna comes around soon. :thinking:
And I'm glad that Sydney felt that she could go to her dads. 😌
Thank you so much for the pm.
:surf:

Back