Restoring A Family

Aww, poor Sydney! :cry: She must feel awful. I hope they sort things out soon and they can become a happy family. :D
Thanks for the PM.

How disstessing for Sydney. I guess I can understad Anna's POV, but that was her Mother she just drove out of the house. I wonder just how Vaughn is going to react to all this uproar?

Great update.. Poor Syd. Hope Anna comes around soon. Couldn't imagine how hard it would be for Syd to hear that Anna hates her, even when she doesn't really know her yet.

Can't wait for more

Thanks for the PM

so sad, how awful for Syd to hear her own daughter hates her!!
Cant wait til they r all one happy family!!
Awww JAck is so sweet, love him being called Grandpa, i dunno why but it makes me laugh!!
Such an awesome chappie!
Syd and Vaughn and the lack of safe house and the :naughty:
Tottaly luvin it!!
UPDATE SOON!!

You want quotes??? Ok here they come...

“Come on Syd, take a picture!”

“Why?” Sydney asked with a laugh as she took a seat on the front steps of the house.

“Because. You look so beautiful right now.”

“Vaughn I just spent the day moving in, I don’t look beautiful!”

“You’re right. You look gorgeous.”

This even sounds like real MV talking about JG... :angelic: LOL... that was sooooo cute :love: :love: :love:

“Cheese or mushroom?” Vaughn asked Anna only to get her reaction.

“EWWWWW Who would eat MUSHROOM?!” She said crinkling her nose.

Anna is a real cutie pie! :P I love mushroom pizza ;) was it pizza????? :thinking:

“We got it, Suzie, Doll, Mrs. Green. I was listening.” Vaughn said recalling random words he had picked out.

“That was like ten minutes ago Daddy!”

That sounds like me not listening to the kids... yeah yeah...whatever... you know kids rattling can go on for hours and hours...and somewhere in the middle you loose track FCOL! :lol:

“Well I’ll give you one hint. It’s something else you wouldn’t do at the safe house.”

:woot: I know it I know it I know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I say it????? :rolleyes:

She pushed the door open quickly asking something about why he closed his door but both her question and tears stopped when she saw Sydney sitting next to her father in bed. She quickly turned and raced back down the hall.

“I got her. Don’t move a muscle.” Vaughn said quickly kissing Sydney and pulling his shirt back on.

The moment they headed upstairs and the thunderstorm started I knew this was gonna happen... :cry: so sad for both Syd and Anna

“The thunder bothering you?”

“No.” She said crossing her arms.

“Then what’s wrong Anna?” Vaughn asked having a sinking feeling that he already knew the answer.

“Her.”

“We told you she was coming home today Anna.” Vaughn said kneeling in front of his daughter.

“Yeah… but…”

“But what Anna?”

“I don’t want her here. I don’t like her.”

“Anna, she’s your mother.”

“No! My mom is dead and she can’t just come back and take you away! It’s not fair!”

“Anna calm down.” Vaughn said touching her shoulder.

“No! It’s not fair! It’s supposed to be just you and me! You said so!”

Vaughn sighed, “Sweetie you were getting along fine-”

“I hate her daddy! I hate her!” Anna screamed tears welling up in her eyes, as Vaughn got increasingly frustrated.

Poor Anna... seriously I'm feeling so sorry for her... I'm afraid what you have next in store... I hope Sydney doesn't have some sort of breakdown and decides to leave them again :( That would make me insane and :cry:

This is kinda sad...poor Syd
I can understand Anna feeling that she'll lose Vaughn
but hopefully they get her to understand that she's
getting a mother and they'll be a family
Hope she comes around for everyone's sake

I almost feel guilty for doing that but.. eh it's part of the plan and i love hr being with her father so yeah. Thanks so much for the reviews everyone!

Grrr i HAVE to write soon... cause i leave on a trip monday and won't be back for a week or so... meaning a friend may update for me... yeah we'll see how that goes.

wow that was a long update but i loved it!

it's sad... they just need to learn to love each other i guess

loved it!

luv juju :harp:

Yeah umm i have writers block.... so the soonest you'll get an update is like the 20th since i have my trip :hide: but im going to try and plan out the next few chaps while im away.

aliasobsessed89 said:
Yeah umm i have writers block.... so the soonest you'll get an update is like the 20th since i have my trip :hide: but im going to try and plan out the next few chaps while im away.
[post="1454921"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ok... I can live with that... no wait... I can't!!!!! How could you do this to us??? :angry: I want an update like right now!!!! :angelic:

PS... *kidding* enjoy your vacation and I'm sure we're all still around when you're back home :lol:

:hug: your crazy cookie :P

Kit!! I finally figured out what you forgot to pack!

Your computer! I think you can fit it in a suit case.. and maybe the monitor in a backpack.. Right?

:P

Hope you come back soon! You said you're goin' to New York, right? *squeal*

I loved the chapter! :cry:

How come I don't like Anna anymore?! *brainwashes her into LOVING and ADORING her mother*

^_^

Laur

P.S. Have fun on vacation, and bring me a souvenir!!

absloutely loved the update, so sorry idont hav time to do a quotey review but assignments r callin me!

anyhoo loved the table talk...seemed so normal, and i loved that Syd could experience that.

Anna was so rude! i get that shes upset and stuff but its sad. i guess Syd understands what it feels like tho, havin thought her mum was dead, but still....:cry: poor syddles, anna is bein so stoopid. love the way it was like vaughn ALMOSt got angry for the first time...like he's still so protective of Syd whom he loves.

and the ending with Jack. so aweome. the way she kinda "knew" that was where she should go.

GREAT UPDATE!!!! i :love: this ficcie!

PLEASE UPDATE SOON! :poke:

Luv Rachxxx 🦋

Next chap has been started (actually i had 2 pages before i left but that got the all powerful delete button and its dead now (y) ) So if people annoy me today *looks at people on AIM and presses eye to go invisible* As i was saying, if people annoy me today it may be up tomorrow... and if they really annoy me maybe even tonight... but i doubt that.

aliasobsessed89 said:
Next chap has been started (actually i had 2 pages before i left but that got the all powerful delete button and its dead now (y) ) So if people annoy me today *looks at people on AIM and presses eye to go invisible* As i was saying, if people annoy me today it may be up tomorrow... and if they really annoy me maybe even tonight... but i doubt that.
[post="1463028"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Update tonight????? :woot:

A/N- Sorry it took so long but seriously bad writers block. this chap was written over about 3-4 times. But you can also blame my 4 parter fic "Without Her" Which I've been working on.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sydney was wrong. Dead wrong. Of course the furniture hadn’t changed and her father hadn’t don’t anything as drastic as say… painting the walls. But the first thing Sydney noticed was the table in the front hall of the house was covered in photos, mainly of her and Anna, and what surprised Sydney most was a few involved Vaughn. Sydney scanned the photos silently, memories of her youth flooding back to her.

“Sydney we don’t put pictures in the hallway, it clutters things up.” Jack said sternly.

“But Daddy!” Sydney started to argue holding up the pictures she had wanted to put on the new hallway table. “It’s plain, I want to decorate it!” It had been almost a year since her mother’s death and Sydney had decided it was her job to decorate the empty table like her mother would have..

“I said no Sydney.”

“Just a few…just you, me and mommy…”

“Don’t argue with me.” Jack warned.

Sydney mumbled something gathering the few drawing she had placed on the floor in one arm and taking the framed pictures in the other before racing upstairs closing her bedroom door loudly behind her.

Jack sighed slowly walking upstairs. He paused at Sydney’s door briefly but then continued to his room.

He knew his statement on pictures making things too cluttered was a lie. He had loved how many pictures Laura use to have covering the walls. But he would not be able to stand the pain of seeing pictures of Sydney and Laura all over the house. Seeing the pictures of Laura just reminded him of what he lost. And seeing pictures of him and his daughter reminded him of what he would never have again.

“Sydney what happened?”

Sydney slowly turned back to face her father. Things had changed since that small fight years ago. Sure the fights got bigger and more serious, but their relationship grew closer.

“Anna didn’t take it well.” She said shaking her head slowly.

Jack sighed as if he expected this to happen. “I’m sorry Sydney.”

“I need-”

“Of course you can stay here, as long as it takes for Anna.”

Sydney smiled lightly, “You sure about that dad? Who knows if she’ll ever-”

“Just give it time Sydney, give it time.”

“I can’t” Sydney mumbled letting her duffle bag fall to the floor and letting her head fall into her hand. She had known in the back of her head this would happen, but Vaughn had been so optimistic, so hopeful. Sydney looked over at the photos on the table; one of Anna and Vaughn grabbed her attention. That was a family, and there may never be room for her. She had been gone too long.

“It’ll be okay Sydney.” Jack said trying to reach into the fatherly part of him he so rarely used.

“What if… What if it isn’t?” Sydney asked feeling helpless.

Jack smiled reassuringly placing a hand on her shoulder, “We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, but I doubt we’ll come to it.”

Sydney nodded slowly, “I'm sorry I interrupted you dad. I’ll let you finish your work"

"You don't have to go to bed Sydney, we can have some coffee if you'd like."

"No thanks dad, I need to get to sleep. I'm exhausted." She lied. She had to leave so he wouldn't see her break down.

“Good night sweet heart.” He said with a smile.

“Good night Dad.”

Once Sydney was upstairs Jack sighed picking up a picture of Anna smiling like an angel at the camera. But that smile would fool anyone, as sweet of a girl as Anna was; one thing she defiantly inherited from the Bristow line was how stubborn she could be and how much she resented change.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney laid down on the bed in her old bedroom staring up at the posters and pictures she had stuck to her ceiling years ago. What if Anna never accepted her? And if she did was Sydney even fit to be a mother? This whole time she assumed it would be easy but Vaughn seemed like the perfect father to Anna, he was so sure of what he did, so on top of things. But Sydney felt so lost. Did Anna see that Sydney wasn't really as confident as she acted? Did she see that in truth if Sydney got the chance she would probably be a horrible mother?

Sydney’s head jerked up as a soft knock was heard at her door. She was almost asleep and could have sworn her dad went up to bed over an hour ago. Sydney checked the clock next to her, it was 2:30 AM, what did her dad want this late?

Sydney stood up walking over to her door and opening it slowly, “yeah da-”

Sydney stopped seeing Vaughn standing on the other side of the door. He smiled walking in and closing the door behind him.

“I used my key, I figured I wouldn’t wake your dad up.” He said softly.

“You have a key?”

Vaughn laughed, “I know, I was shocked when he offered it.”

“What are you doing here?”

“You don’t want me?”

“Of course I do, but it’s 2:30 in the morning, and who’s with Anna? How’d you know I was here?”

Vaughn sighed wrapping his arms around Sydney’s waist, “I had Weiss stay with her. Your Dad called me to let me know and I just felt so bad, I had to come Syd.”

“I’m fine Vaughn.” Sydney tried to assure him but everything in her voice contradicted what she said.

“Syd… She normally is not like that…” Vaughn said part of him wanting to defend Anna who was probably the most affected by this next to Sydney, but she was 25 years younger and in her eyes this wasn’t all for the better.

“Where is she?” Anna asked as Vaughn walked back into Anna’s room after watching Sydney drive away.

“She left.” Vaughn said letting it show in his voice he wasn’t happy.

Anna didn’t say anything and looked down.

“I understand you’re not ready for this sweetie, but that was not the way to handle it, and you know it.”

“I know…” She said softly. “Where’d she go?” She asked after a moment.

“Grandpas.”

Anna nodded and Vaughn sat down next to her pulling her into a hug. He realized how Anna must have felt. Not only was someone she accepted as dead alive. But everyone she knew was making a big deal about it and focusing their attention on this woman they all expected Anna to love right away.

“Can I sleep in bed with you tonight Daddy? The thunder isn’t stopping.”

Vaughn sighed, as much as he wanted to protect Anna and keep her happy he still loved Sydney and he knew she must be hurting right now. How could he just let her walk out like that? He should have done something.

“Daddy?” Anna asked when he didn’t respond.

“I think uncle Eric’s going to come over okay? He’ll come stay in here with you.”

“You going to her?” Anna asked sounding disappointed.

“Anna, I love you, but I love your mother too. Now you know I want us to be a family, but we’ll wait for her to move in until you’re ready.”

Anna nodded, “Are you going to her?” She asked again.

“Yes, but Anna it doesn’t mean I don’t love you. Please understand that.”

“I do.” Anna said sounding totally unconvinced.

“Anna do you not want to share me?” Vaughn asked almost randomly.

“No…”

Vaughn sat waiting patiently.

“It’s always been just you and me… and I don’t like anyone else.”

“Well Sydney’s part of my life Anna, meaning she will affect yours. But I’m going to make you a promise though, okay?”

Anna nodded.

“Every Sunday night, as long as I’m not away for work, we’ll have a special night just the two of us, okay?”

Anna seemed to think it over, “She never gets to come on our night?”

“Not unless you ask her to.”

Anna nodded, “Okay. As long as I get to choose what we do.”

“Always the negotiator.” He said with a nod. ‘Like your mother’ He thought.

“Uncle Eric always looses when we negotiate over stuff.”

Vaughn smiled then his face became serious, “Understand I’m treating you like a big girl Anna. You’ll be involved in a lot of decisions, so you need to act like a big girl.” Vaughn said touching her chin with his finger so she was looking up at him.

Anna smiled, she always loved being treated older than she was and Vaughn knew this.

“Now I’m going to go call uncle Eric okay? The thunder seems like it may have stopped so you try to get some sleep okay?”

“Okay Daddy.”

“Vaughn, you raised her, of course she’s an amazing child. This is just more than she should have to handle.”

“Yeah… We’ll get though it though.”

Sydney smiled as Vaughn kissed her, softly at first but with growing passion. She laughed breaking the kiss, “My father is down the hall Vaughn.”

Suddenly there was a soft knock at the door. “Actually, it seems he’s outside the door.” Vaughn said with a smile.

Sydney rolled her eyes opening the door to reveal her father.

“I was just checking what the noise was.”

“I’m sorry Jack, I had to-”

“Understandable Michael, goodnight.” He said nodding his head to both his son in law and daughter before closing the door and heading back to his room.

“Now if that isn’t his consent, I don’t know what is.” Vaughn said with a smirk moving in the kiss Sydney again.

Sydney laughed stepping back. “I know its every guys little fantasy to have sex in the girls parents house-”

“Even better on the parents’ bed.” Vaughn interrupted causing Sydney to smile again.

“But…”

“I hate buts! Well except yours.”

“Stop interrupting me.” Sydney said with a laugh.

“Okay you and your butt should continue.”

Sydney rolled her eyes, “But I think you should get home, so Anna doesn’t wake up with out you there.”

“But…”

“No buts, get yours home.”

Vaughn sighed knowing Sydney was right. “We have to take this slow.” He admitted slowly what neither of them wanted to hear, but both knew was true.

“I love you Syd.”

Sydney smiled struggling to keep the tears back, “I love you too.”

Vaughn kissed her quickly slipping a velvet jewelry box into her hand before leaving.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack watch Vaughn leave only minutes later. Truth was he expected Vaughn to stay till the morning then sneak out.

Jack sighed knowing how much all of this was affecting the two people in the world he cared for most. His daughter and granddaughter.

If Jack had ever imagined how Sydney’s early death would affect him he would have imagined unbearable pain, even worse than when he lost his wife. He would most likely end up in bars every night and eventually go to just drinking at home and not even bothering with anyone else. And maybe when in this little world of beer and wine he would be oblivious to the fact Sydney was gone forever.

Though his little girls’ death brought along agonizing pain it did not bring along the self-destruction he would expect. He still had the denial though, part of him continued to scream out Sydney’s still out there, waiting for you to save her. You shouldn’t be wasting your time mourning, you should be meeting contacts, finding information, doing SOMETHING.

Jack looked down as Anna, his grand daughter, started to cry as she woke up. He took her into his arms gently, as he had done with Sydney years ago, and soothingly rocked her back and forth until her cries ceased.

“You look just like your mother.” Jack said quietly struggling to hold the tears back. He refused to cry in front of the little girl who in her own way seemed to mourn her mothers death along with everyone else.

“Except those green eyes, those are defiantly your father.” He told her as he started to warm a bottle. “She hoped you would have green eyes, like your father.” Jack sighed looking around his dark empty kitchen. Vaughn had gone to visit Sydney’s grave again, the 10th time in just 5 days. And he couldn’t take Anna with him in the storm that was raging. “He loved…loves your mother so much Anna, I think you’re the only one getting him though this… You’re the one getting me though. I’ll admit that, only to you.”

Jack took the warm bottle and after quickly testing the formula on his wrist he sat down at the table offering it to her. “I’m not going to neglect you like I did her Anna. This is my second chance, and I won’t waste it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- okay it wasn't my favorite chap but since i was away i had to get SOMTHING up. But i swear the rest will be better! please review and remember i love quotes ;)

Back