You were meant for me

hehehehhe! jack finally let the cat out of the bag ! yay for jack and claudette :love:

but oh no! sydney! the twins are coming! that means sloane will be coming!!!! nooooooooo :eekhair:

awesome chap michy! i'm dying to hear the update :woot:

Sydney looked so pale. It had been countless hours since they had arrived at the hospital and still no babies. Vaughn was beginning to worry, but his face never once betrayed his emotions. He smiled down into Sydney's contorted face, encouraging her through each contraction. Her face was scrunched up in pain as her body was ripped by yet another contraction. 'Would this never end?', he thought?
Sydney felt the pain subside and her body relaxed again. She weakly looked out the window and saw the sun coming up over the horizon. A new day was beginning. Today she would be a mother. She was so scared. Countless emotions filled her mind. Was she ready to be a mom? After the horrible example she had as a mother, how would she compare? Would she know what to do? Would she love her babies instead of betraying and abandoning them?
A single tear ran down Sydney's face and Vaughn reached out and wiped it away. "It's ok, baby. Another one passed. That means we're closer to the finish line." he smiled.
Sydney smiled feelby at her adoring and wonderful husband. Vaughn. What she ever did to deserve such an amazing man as him she would never know. He made her life so full and complete. Even if her childhood was less than perfect, and she still had no relationship with her mother, having Vaughn in her life made up for it. He filled that void with his warm and unconditional love. His love would make her the mother she needed to be. Their love would make them the best parents they could be. That thought made her feel much better, and somehow filled her with the much needed strength she needed to safely deliver her babies.

The sun was coming up over the ancient buildings of Marseilles. Jack found the address he had been looking for. An abandoned mansion on the outskirts of the city, lay in ruins. This is where Sloane was. Irina had given him the address yesterday. He was putting his life in her hands. Either she would betray him, as she had so many other times, or she would deliver Sydney from a life of torment of continuously running from a madman.
Jack scanned the perimter. It appeared deserted, but looks were deceiving where Sloane was concerned. He saw two armed guards hiding behind the battlements of the roof. Plus, he saw numerous red beams of lights floating in various stategic points along the perimeter. He reached inside of his jacket pocket and retrieved a device. It sent off a silent shock wave, disabling the electricity and any back up systems.
"Good ol Marshall." Jack sighed. Even here on the run in France, Jack managed to use that man's technology. He was indeed a genius.
Jack slid inside the mansion and disappeared into the shadows.

"Push Sydney! PUSH!" Vaughn cried.
Sydney had never felt so exhausted in her whole life. Four hours after being admitted, she was finally ready to push. It was the hardest thing she had ever done. But, the reward was worth it. With every push she knew was closer to one of her babies. She was desperate to know that they would be alright.
"One more push, Madame Lejeune. The baby's head is here. Now I want you to pant. Don't push. Just breathe."
"Oooh. I want to push." Sydney moaned.
"It's ok baby. Just breathe." Vaughn encouraged as he squeezed her hand.
"Now, Madame. Push!"
Sydney gave it all she had. One last push and a baby was expelled between her legs. Sydney collasped against the pillows in pure exhaustion.
"It's a boy." the doctor said.
The baby's umbilical cord was cut and immediatley taken from Sydney and put on a respirator. The blood drained from Vaughn's face. "Why isn't he crying?" he asked.
As if on cue, a loud wail lofted throught the air, reaching Sydney's ears. She looked up as the nurse walked across the room, carrying a perfect baby swalded and very upset.
"Here is your son, Madame." the nurse said as she placed the little boy in his mother's arms.
Sydney looked down in his face and immediately knew what love at first sight was. This was it. She was madly in love with this little person. He was absolute perfection. She had never felt such an overwheling feeling of proection and adoration in her life.
Vaughn looked down at his son's face and immediatley began weeping. "He's perfect Syd. Look at him. He looks just like you. He has your dimples." he laughed.
Sydney began laughing and was gripped by another pain. Vaughn immedialtely took their son from her arms and cradled him in his arms protectively.
The nurse came over and examined Sydney. "Madame, I'm afraid it is time to push again. Your little girl is on her way."

Jack silently cursed under his breath. "Damn sunlight." The powerful rays of the morning mediterrianian sun illuminated his form as he snuck through the old ruined building. He immediatley let his body fall back into the shadows as he slowly crept up the delapated staircase to the third floor. His search of the first and second floors brought up nothing but a few more guards.
He finally reached the third floor and saw a closed door down the end of the hall. Perhaps this was what he was looking for . Sloane was there. He knew it. He stealthily crept down the hall, reaching into his jacket and retreiving a gun, with a silencer. He tried the door. It was open. It creaked open as he made his way inside. Sunlight was now flooding the bedroom. There was a single bed in the middle of the room. Someone had slept here. The sheets were tangled. He reached over to touch them. . . still warm. He immediatley spun around and saw Sloane standing there holding a gun.
"Nice to see you old friend. It appears that we both have reason to celebrate. Sydney has delivered one of her babies. It's a boy." he laughed as he held in his other hand a glass of chilled champagne.

Sydney was beyond exhausted. She didn't know where she would find the strength within her for this last push.
"Come on Syd. I know you can do this. Just think of our little girl. She wants to see her Mommy. Come on Syd. I know you're exhuasted, but you have to do this. I have faith in you."
Sydney opened her eyes and saw Vaughn's green eyes intently staring at her, the love and devotion flowing from them. There was something else there too. He looked at her with such admiration. "I'm so proud you. You are the strongest the woman I have ever known. I KNOW you can do this."
Sydney nodded and held up her hand and Vaughn pulled her up. She bore down and pushed with everything she had left. A small scream escaped her lips. It was the first and only scream she had let go. She had been holding back, afraid of scarring Vaughn, but she needed to let go. This baby needed her too badly for her to think of anyone else but her.
A loud scream ripped though the hospital room, and it wasn't Sydney's. Sydney looked down to the large baby girl howling in front of her. Unlike the last baby, this one was immediatly placed on her bare belly, their skin touching each other. The umbilical cord wasn't even cut this time. Sydney looked down in wonder at the little creature on her chest. She was so gorgeous. She was bald except for a few blonde curls. Her eyes were completely opened and she was staring at her with such intensity. "Who was the little creature?" she marvelled. This was a little person to be wreckoned with. She was force of nature.

Jack pointed the gun at Sloane.
"It appears we are at an impass, my friend. I have a gun. You have a gun. What ever are we to do?" Sloane laughed at him.
Jack continued holding the gun at Sloane. "I have nothing to lose. Kill me, but I'm taking you with me, you sick son of a bit**."
"That's not what I heard. I have it that you've fallen in love Jack. I never would have thought you were capable of it. But, she is quite exquiste. As we speak, I have men at the ready to take her Jack. I will kill her. Don't doubt that. It won't be a pleasant death too. The men I sent are rather barbaric, the things they do with women, well. . . you can only imagine Jack."
"You are truly mad Arvin. Even I never suspected it was this bad. Do you really think I would let you get your hands on what I love. I would. . . I will never let that happen." Jack pulled the trigger, and Sloane fell to the ground, just as his finger pulled the trigger too. Jack fell in a heap on the floor.

Sydney sighed and finally relaxed for the first time in six hours. Both her babies were in Vaughn's arms.
"We have to name them." she whispered.
"What?" Vaughn said, tearing his attention from the perfect babies in his arms. The little boy was sleeping, but the girl was wide awake staring at him with fierce intensity.
"Emily. I would like Emily. Emily Francine."
"Emily. I like that. It suits her. She is something else Syd. Look at the way she's squeezing my finger. And the way she's staring at me. She's going to be just like her mother. A force of nature." he laughed
"What do you think about William. After your father?" she continued.
Vaughn looked at Sydney with wonder and astonishment. The fact that she had thought of his father on this day made him love her even more. She always knew what he needed, and this was it."
"How do you do it? he asked in wonder.
"Do what?" she asked perplexed.
"That. Just when life can't get any more perfect, you go and make me happier than I could have ever imagined. I love you."
"I love you too. And I love little William too. William Jack. After my father. He's done so much for us. I figured it's the least we can do. I think he won't show it of course, but he'll be ticked pink when we tell him."

Jack lay bleeding on the floor of the ruined mansion. He opened his eyes and saw the lifeless body of Arvin Sloane laying across from him. He crawled over and reached out and felt for a pulse. Dead. Jack let out a sigh of relief. Finally Sydney's nightmare was over. Or was it? Sloane had known about the babies being delivered. That meant he had someone on the inside at the hospital. Jack reached for his cell phone.

Sydney and Vaughn were looking at each other, their hearts filled with love and joy when the nurse came up to them. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to take them to the nursery. The doctor needs to examine them. I'll bring them back as soon as he's done. In the meantime, you two should get some rest. You're going to need it." she smiled and Vaughn reluctantly let the babies go.
"I hate to see them go." Sydney said.
"Don't worry, she said she'd bring them right back."
Just then Vaughn's pager went off. It had to be Jack, only he knew his number. He must have heard from Claudette about the babies and was checking in.
"I'm going to call your Dad. Be right back."
Vaughn walked down to the hall to a pay phone and called Jack on his cell.
"Hey Grandpa. . . ."
"Michael, listen to me. Where are the babies?"
"Why?" Vaughn's blood ran cold.
"If they are not with you, get them. Sloane has someone there in the hospital. He was planning on taking the babies. Find them! NOW!"
Vaughn dropped the phone and ran to the nursery.
"Where are my babies?" he demanded to the nurse on duty.
"Your babies. Monsier calm down. What are their names?"
"They're twins. Lejeune."
The nurse cheked her files. "I'm sorry Monsier, no twins or babies by that name have come in. . . "
Vaughn ran from the nursery and flew down the hall. He saw the elevator doors just closing on thier nurse. She was holding the twins.
"STOP!" he screamed.
She looked back in shock as the doors closed in front of her.
Vaughn opened the staircase and flew down. He knew there had to be a car waiting for them. His best bet was the parking garage.

Jack used every bit of strength he had to pull himself up. He looked down at his left thigh. He was loosing a lot of blood. He had to get out of here. Quick. But he couldn't let any of those guards see him, or he was a dead man. He thought of Claudette and how much he loved her. He thought of his grandchildren, and how much they needed him. He thought of Sydney and how he had disappointed her so badly in the past. This was his second chance. He wasn't going to let them down. Never.

Vaughn opened the door of the parking garage and sure enough he was just in time to see the nurse loading the last twin inside a black SUV. He pulled out a gun, and yelled.
"Arretez!"
The young nurse spun around and looked at him in shock. How did he manage to get down here so fast?
"Walk away from the car. And you. . . " he said to the man driving the car. "throw me the keys."
The man pulled out his own gun, but didn't stand a chance. Vaughn shot him square between the eyes. The nurse screamed and ran away as fast as she could.
Vaughn let her go and ran for his now screaming babies. He pulled them out of thier car seats and pulled them both to his chest. "Come on you two, you're only one hour old and you've already seen way too much adventure. You're Mommy's going to be so mad at me."

Jack somehow had made his way out of the old house and back to his car without being spotted. He drove like a man possessed to the hospital. His grandchildren were in danger and would die before he let anything happen to them. He made it to the hospital, screeching to a stop at the front doors. He was about to go up to Labour and Delivery when a security officer stopped him.
"Monsier, la salle Urgence est par la." pointing down the hall. "Tu besion de l'aide. Je vais appler pour une docteur." Jack was about to brush past him and continue when his leg finally had had enough. He collasped there on the hospital floor.

I hope Jack will be ok. I was really mad that the babies were stollen but I am glad that they got them back again.

Thanks for the pm.

oh my god!! wow... i think my heart stopped.. i didnt think vaughn was gonna get to the babies but he did and oh! this was a great chap. thanks for the pm and be sure to update asap!

I'm so happy the twins are safe in their father's arms and that Sloane has been stopped. Now I just hope Jack is going to be okay!

GOOD! The babies are safe!
... for now...
Great chapter! William and Emily :love:
I guess it's good that Jack collapsed in the hospital!!
:happydance: YAYYYY! Sloane is deeeead! :woot:
Great chapter!
Update again soon!

xO laur

Oh no Jack!
He will be ok
He is just losing blood
I'm so glad sloane is dead
I feel like belting out the "Ding dong the witch is dead" from Wizard of Oz
I'm glad Vaughnb was able to get the babies back
Thank God
And that after a long delivery, the babies and Sydney are healthy!
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

michy said:
"Come on you two, you're only one hour old and you've already seen way too much adventure.  You're Mommy's going to be so mad at me."
HAHAHA!!! I literally laughed out loud when I read this! Very funny!

I'm glad that Syd and the Twins are okay! I love the names for them! I'm SO glad that Sloane is dead! I hope Jack is gonna be alright!

GREAT Chapter, So Much Actions! Loved it!

Update soon!

Megan

Back